PDA

View Full Version : the whole GTA thing.

anthony_osborn
05-29-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey everyone, I bet you have all heard of the whole GTA. About them making it a PS exlusive. :mad: well i was wondering who else was POed because of this. :mad: I'v played it on PS2 and it was a great game. :D im just mad that it wont be out for xbox. please post something and tell me what you think about the subject. thanks:)

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 01:51 AM
I think it's funny how Playstation boasts that GTA3 is "exclusive". Funny thing is, I was just playing it earlier tonight on my PC :D

I'm not all that bummed out about it...Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and a multitude of bad ass games will put GTA3 to shame. It's a fun game, but, it's nothing to lose sleep about. I played it for about 2 hours tonight...first time playing it by myself (without being subject to just watching) and I got bored with it. It was a fun two hours but I was very much looking forward to playing Hunter: The Reckoning for the rest of the evening.

OEM Alien
05-29-2002, 03:03 AM
i don't like th fact that it will be a ps2 exclusive. but, since i have a gaming pc i doesn't matter to me personaly, i'll get the better version (the pc version) anyways. but for all the xbox owners that wanted it on xbox and wated the game real bad, yeah that sucks hard. and it would have been great for xbox to get this MEGA HYPED TITLE, it would have helped sales tremendously. :(
oh well, looks like i'll get it used from my local eb store in a month for 19.99 on pc. heh! :cool:

Hermes
05-29-2002, 03:55 AM
I voted neither "Yes" or "No". I just can't say I really care. I was looking forward to this game for awhile but now any excitement I had is gone. Kinda like MorrowWind. Man, I would of bought that thing in an instant 2 months ago. Now it has dropped to rental status.

UnitedKingdom
05-29-2002, 04:21 AM
I'm sure an xbox game will come along and blow the pants off gta3, but its the waiting that bothers me. Please hurry up and get me a good crime game.:rolleyes:

X-Factor
05-29-2002, 04:41 AM
Oh, you people crack me up...

Before GTA announcement:

"GTA3 for Xbox is gonna rock!! Better graphics than the PS2 version, more weapons, more levels...it will blow the PS2 version out fo the water, blah, blah..." (all of this w/o a formal announcement from RockStar/DMA)

After GTA announcement:

"GTA3 sucks anyway; I'll play [insert delayed Xbox title here] instead, and Xbox will have [insert list of Xbox titles here], so I'm set. The hell with Rockstar!!!"

Hell, just look at what UnitedKingdom posted...:rolleyes:

-The X-Factor Bash :cool:

UnitedKingdom
05-29-2002, 05:17 AM
Yeah just look what i posted, nothing disrespectful towards gta3 (coz it is a wicked game) and nothing offensive towards rockstar.

I fail to see the point your making Mr (or mrs) X-Factor.

I think your comment is Generalising what other people on the forums have said, not every one is like that!

cornflake
05-29-2002, 07:26 AM
but still i was never really hyped up on that game if you go back and look for my gta3 post.....u wont find any

UnitedKingdom
05-29-2002, 07:29 AM
Same for me, this is the first gta3 thread i've bothered posting on.

That's one of the best sig's i've ever seen cornflake. I really want to have a smoke now, too bad i'm at work.

CoMATOSE
05-29-2002, 08:55 AM
didn't want it before and i don't want it now......

Duke
05-29-2002, 10:22 AM
I wanted it in Dec., but not bad enough to buy a PS2 over the Xbox.

Have now played it on my housemate's PS2 and I like it, but over time I've stopped really caring. I am disappointed that Rockstar is supposed to be PS2 exclusive now (I think, but don't feel like looking it up)

If they are PS2 exclusive, I'm just disappointed we'll miss out on their upcoming titles. As far as GTA3 goes, enough time has passed that even if it did come out for Xbox, at this point I would just wait for the next one anyway.

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 10:23 AM
would have bought it if it came out . . . but now i will boycott Take 2 and Rockstar . . . . and i think u all should too . . . . . i mean the best selling PS2 game dosnt even show up on the box . . . . i think they could have made alot more $$ putting it on mulit platform then what sony payed them . . . bad business decision on their part but u cant deny them the learning experiance

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Like I said before...even the streaming videos of Unreal Championship and Brute Force make GTA3 a pathetic game. I played the game last night and yes, I had fun for a couple hours, but, this game is WAY OVER HYPED. The graphics and the artificial intelligence hugs ass in this game. The gameplay is very solid though...some of the best I've seen.

The PC version is a lot better than it's PoS2 predicessor. You can play your own MP3s which makes it much more enjoyable. I will have to admit that the "squish" sound when you run people over is a very nice touch :D

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Like I said before...even the streaming videos of Unreal Championship and Brute Force make GTA3 a pathetic game.

while this is true i think comparing FPS's to a 3rd person crime game is unfair . . .
beside thoes games r for Xbox so that makes them better anyway

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

while this is true i think comparing FPS's to a 3rd person crime game is unfair . . .
beside thoes games r for Xbox so that makes them better anyway

Actually, Brute Force is a 3rd person shooter :D

E-Xbox
05-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I think it's funny how Playstation boasts that GTA3 is "exclusive". Funny thing is, I was just playing it earlier tonight on my PC :D

I'm not all that bummed out about it...Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and a multitude of bad ass games will put GTA3 to shame. It's a fun game, but, it's nothing to lose sleep about. I played it for about 2 hours tonight...first time playing it by myself (without being subject to just watching) and I got bored with it. It was a fun two hours but I was very much looking forward to playing Hunter: The Reckoning for the rest of the evening.

lol!
so tru..its on pc and its coming to gba...
so therefore its not exclusive rite?!
well...i dont care..cuz im gettin a ps2 with it n e ways
plus..with all the new amazing stuff coming to xbox..i could care less

peace

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 07:13 PM
i think we can all agree that GTA should be on xbox, and sadly, its not

XxeGoxX
05-29-2002, 07:28 PM
AHH i chose the wrong one.i thought it said do you thank GTA is ps exclusive lol

Xbox Owner
05-29-2002, 07:33 PM
I wish it was on xbox, yeah. But I can live with it.

knns
05-29-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
Oh, you people crack me up...

Before GTA announcement:

"GTA3 for Xbox is gonna rock!! Better graphics than the PS2 version, more weapons, more levels...it will blow the PS2 version out fo the water, blah, blah..." (all of this w/o a formal announcement from RockStar/DMA)

After GTA announcement:

"GTA3 sucks anyway; I'll play [insert delayed Xbox title here] instead, and Xbox will have [insert list of Xbox titles here], so I'm set. The hell with Rockstar!!!"

Hell, just look at what UnitedKingdom posted...:rolleyes:

-The X-Factor Bash :cool:

i couln't agree more. i was thinking of doing the same thing

Xbox Owner
05-29-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

lol!
so tru..its on pc and its coming to gba...
so therefore its not exclusive rite?!
well...i dont care..cuz im gettin a ps2 with it n e ways
plus..with all the new amazing stuff coming to xbox..i could care less

peace

Your getting a ps2?!:confused: :eek:

E-Xbox
05-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Your getting a ps2?!:confused: :eek:

yea man...
im gettin a used one..with 2 mem cards..2 conts..and like 10 or 11 games...
and one of the games is gta3

y?

peace

Shorezy
05-29-2002, 07:42 PM
Of course i would love a GTA 3 for Xbox, and i thought it was on it's way, and maybe it still is! I know no matter what though, Xbox will eventually come out with a game that will destroy GTA3.

Xbox Owner
05-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

yea man...
im gettin a used one..with 2 mem cards..2 conts..and like 10 or 11 games...
and one of the games is gta3

y?

peace

That's a GOOD deal! How much, i might get one if it's not that much

I just wondered...don't go sellin out on us now

;)

CALzinger
05-30-2002, 06:00 PM
personally, i think there should be a GTA Series Forum so that we can discuss this on one topic and not see them pop up randomly

just a suggestion...