PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City

bbchs_trash
05-29-2002, 03:18 AM
Browsing through EBgames.com I cam upon an intersting piece of information:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf%5Fid=223734&mscssid=X3VC34WGDT3D9K0E3MRREBVQ3VSQ01K3

The location is Vice City, and the vibe is glamour, power and corruption...An entirely new game set in the ‘80s, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto 3.

Rockstar has been planning this little game for awhile as the official launch date is 10/22/02. I think its time for everyone to reach deep in your pockets, and pull out all the lint you can muster, because no matter how much green and black is running through our blood, we all know that we want GTA. Sony has the upper cut right into the jaw of the Xbox, will we get knocked out, or will we fight back? Only time will tell...

<image src="http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/223734.jpg">

Hermes
05-29-2002, 03:50 AM
Law-de-frickin-dah. There are to many Xbox games coming out to care about GTA anymore. The only way I would be the slightest bit upset that Xbox wont be getting this is if they made it into a MMORPG.

lightsout
05-29-2002, 01:54 PM
well that game is the #1 reason i'm not selling my ps2...and the #2 reason is for tekken 4

Veno
05-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Thank god I have a ps2, if i didn't i'd be crying like a little girl right now. Just like everyone who doesnt have a ps2 in this forum.

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Personally, I think Brute Force and Unreal Championship make GTA3 look pathetic. I played GTA3 on my PC for two hours last night for the first time. Yes, it's a fun game, but, it doesn't come close to the brilliancy of Halo or what could possibly top Halo: namely Brute Force and Unreal Championship.

Veno
05-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Hey max, what's the requirements for gta3 on pc?

xboxinstinct
05-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Who cares its just one stupid overrated game and the hype will be over the games boring too you cant be killing people by shooting them and running them over all the time and still think its fun.

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Hey max, what's the requirements for gta3 on pc?

I'm not sure off-hand since I'm at work and don't have the specs in front of me, however, I can tell you that it runs awesome on my computer which has a 600mhz processor and 128k of RAM.

Veno
05-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by xboxinstinct
Who cares its just one stupid overrated game and the hype will be over the games boring too you cant be killing people by shooting them and running them over all the time and still think its fun.

I beg to differ.

Casper
05-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Minimum Specs:
450Mhz Processor
96MB of Ram
16MB Graphics Card

Recommended Specs:
800Mhz Processor
128MB of Ram
32MB Graphics Card

GTA3.com (http://www.gta3.com/index.php?zone=pcinfo)

Veno
05-29-2002, 02:10 PM
I got 2.0ghz pentium 4, geforce 3(not sure what kind), 512mb ram. Should run perfectly. I dunno if I want it though, are there any changes in the pc version from ps2?

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 02:13 PM
*takes dump on another gta thread!*

XBOX MSSC
05-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Personally, I think Brute Force and Unreal Championship make GTA3 look pathetic. I played GTA3 on my PC for two hours last night for the first time. Yes, it's a fun game, but, it doesn't come close to the brilliancy of Halo or what could possibly top Halo: namely Brute Force and Unreal Championship.

Sing it bro :) :p ;) LONG LIVE HALO, BRUTE FORCE & UNREAL !!!

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Thank god I have a ps2, if i didn't i'd be crying like a little girl right now. Just like everyone who doesnt have a ps2 in this forum.

the only kids cryin r he kids who dont know about the other games comeing out cauz if they did they really wouldnt care about GTA3 or Vice City . . .

LynxFX
05-29-2002, 02:25 PM
I got 2.0ghz pentium 4, geforce 3(not sure what kind), 512mb ram. Should run perfectly. I dunno if I want it though, are there any changes in the pc version from ps2?

Yes. Higher detail, better lighting, higher res textures, the ability to play your own mp3's as a radio station, the ability to replay the last 30 seconds of action at any time, adjustable viewable distance, motion blur. Plus you get higher res with the PC and you can enable AA to eliminate jaggies.