PDA

View Full Version : Buying Games Online

Taranis
05-29-2002, 09:57 AM
I've used ebgames.com before and everything was great, but I was wondering what other sites y'all use. It's nice to compare pre-order deals sometimes.

The only other one that I really have looked at is gamestop.com. Surely there are others.

Ninja Scroll
05-29-2002, 10:08 AM
Getting Hunter: THe Reckoning was my first time ever ordering from www.ebgames.com and I was very pleased with the way they proccessed my order.

I have not ordered from no one else otehr than Sega when DC was on it's last leg.
I will never forget, I pre-ordered Phantasy Star Online and when I recieved it the whole freakin case was cracked!!!:mad: I returned dat Sumamabeeoootch back to Sega.....

..... right after I put in 74 hours of gameplay online!:D

noodleboy
05-29-2002, 10:32 AM
I have used Amazon and Ebay(really an auction site) and have had no trouble. It's not a bad deal as long as you factor in the shipping charges. Sometimes just picking a game up at a store is cheaper.

Duke
05-29-2002, 10:34 AM
I ordered a game from Amazon once. Paid the extra $$$ for speedy and the sh*t showed up the same time as ground does.

Not a weekend, not a holiday. I b*tched at Amazon, and they just said it wasn't their fault.

symposiumx
05-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Taranis
I've used ebgames.com before and everything was great, but I was wondering what other sites y'all use. It's nice to compare pre-order deals sometimes.

The only other one that I really have looked at is gamestop.com. Surely there are others.

Try playcentric.com
They are pretty fast, plus you can use discount coupons. For Hunter: The Reckoning the total was $47 (INCLUDING shipping).

They also have music and other decent stuff there.

Hugh_Jass
05-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Playcentric is realiable.

Another place I've used is:
Dragon (http://www.dragon.ca/xbox/lists/index.htm)

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 07:06 PM
think the separate connections will cost more?

SkoalMint
05-30-2002, 06:14 AM
When I am looking to do some comparisons, I use PriceSCAN.com (http://www.pricescan.com). They have a pretty good site with prices from most of the major vendors for all kind of items. You can get prices on everything from computer hard/software, video games and consoles, and electronics to movies, music, sporting goods, etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the price does not reflect shipping costs. You will have to visit each site separately to get that info. Sometimes, the lowest price doesn't equate to the best deal, but at least it gives you a place to start.

Nerrad529
05-30-2002, 09:24 PM
I go to gamestop they usually have every game in stock. Unless it's brand new and flying off the shelves. Like Hunter:mad: