PDA

View Full Version : I've Given In...

lightsout
05-29-2002, 02:16 PM
Okay, i've always just had a Ps2. I like it alot, its a VERY respectible system, and ill never sell it, and ill buy the ps2 exclusives like tekken 4 and grand theft auto: vice city...and all the oncoming GTA games since they are exclusively for PS2 now. but I have given in to all the Xbox-mania. I'm not a fanboy of any system, but I just have seen too many awesome Xbox games where the water shimmers beautifully..the shadows are portrayed accurately....the reflections are breath-taking, and the no-slow down lag gameplay is flawless. And then on top of all that, the 100 dollar price drop just kinda was the KO punch to the "no don't give into it" idea. So its final..on June 19th, i will buy an Xbox for my birthday...am i making the right choice?

So now i have a question, which im sure man have asked for your opinions. Which game(s) should i buy? I already have NBA2k2 (i LOVE this game) for ps2, and its identical to the xbox version so i'm not gonna buy that, unless i can find it somewhere for real cheap. But (of course) i'm looking at buying Halo and one other game. Maybe morrowind? i know that it is a big open ended RPG, but other than that i don't know much about it. Can anyone else give me and recommendations? Any kind of game is cool...just try to avoid the games that are ports from ps2, cuz odds are i already have/played it. Thanks.....holla:D :D :D

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 02:22 PM
all u need is Halo for hours . .days . . . weeks. . . months of fun . . . but do go online with it cauz that makes it extra special

Amped
Morrowind is a must also if i ever comes out . .

BTW welcoem to the fourms

Dre
05-29-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by lightsout
Okay, i've always just had a Ps2. I like it alot, its a VERY respectible system, and ill never sell it, and ill buy the ps2 exclusives like tekken 4 and grand theft auto: vice city...and all the oncoming GTA games since they are exclusively for PS2 now. but I have given in to all the Xbox-mania. I'm not a fanboy of any system, but I just have seen too many awesome Xbox games where the water shimmers beautifully..the shadows are portrayed accurately....the reflections are breath-taking, and the no-slow down lag gameplay is flawless. And then on top of all that, the 100 dollar price drop just kinda was the KO punch to the "no don't give into it" idea. So its final..on June 19th, i will buy an Xbox for my birthday...am i making the right choice?

So now i have a question, which im sure man have asked for your opinions. Which game(s) should i buy? I already have NBA2k2 (i LOVE this game) for ps2, and its identical to the xbox version so i'm not gonna buy that, unless i can find it somewhere for real cheap. But (of course) i'm looking at buying Halo and one other game. Maybe morrowind? i know that it is a big open ended RPG, but other than that i don't know much about it. Can anyone else give me and recommendations? Any kind of game is cool...just try to avoid the games that are ports from ps2, cuz odds are i already have/played it. Thanks.....holla:D :D :D

Hey buddy! Good choice you're making...., you'll have the best of both worlds. I would have to suggest that you take a look at Hunter: The Reckoning. It came out last friday in stores and its definitely awesome! I am eagerly awaiting Morrowind. If you want to read more about it, take a look at this thread:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11693

Well, welcome to the boards!!

XBOX MSSC
05-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Amen! I'd get JSRF, HUNTER or Morrowind :D

SkoalMint
05-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Congratulations and welcome to XBA. You've made a wise choice. You mention Halo which you should definitely buy. Personally, I would suggest waiting a few days for Morrowind.

E-Xbox
05-29-2002, 02:30 PM
finally...

a smart ps2 gamer...

not a gamer that says...bla bla bla..the xbox is this and that...and blah blah blah...

good choice buddy...

plz plz get halo...
and the other game is your choice...hehe..
a few good games are...

morrowind...
rallisport
amped
thps3

peace

mercsix
05-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the Green side and the coolest forum on the net. Halo, of course, and I would suggest waiting for Morrowind or maybe JSRF. It's all based on your preferences (Driving,FPS,RPG,Sports, etc..) There is at least one great game in every genre.

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 02:38 PM
JSRF is a game you will either love or hate, definatly rent it before making a decision!

I would suggest Hunter! this game kicks some serious ass!

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 02:45 PM
First of all, welcome to the forums! XBoxaddict is full of awesome people and you will find this site to have some unusually helpful and enthusiastic people!

Congrats on your decision to purchase an XBox. You will not regret it. As mentioned, definately get Halo...it's practically mandatory. :D

If you are into Racing, definately get Rallisport Challenge

If you are into Snowboarding, I strongly recommend Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding.

If you are into RPGs, definately wait until June 4th to get Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

If you are into multi-player action games, I strongly recommend getting Hunter: The Reckoning.

I hope that helps! :)

lightsout
05-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Thanks you all for your warm welcomes...you've made me very confident in choosing to buy an Xbox soon. OK...Halo has a 100% i will get it. If Morrowind comes out, I think i will want that, because i'm a major fan of the RPG's (such as Final Fantasy 7-10) and games that just take a LONG time to beat.

Now is that Sega GT 2002 game coming out soon? I saw pics of that game on gamespot.com, and that game looked phat. Do you think it'll be similar/better than Gran Turismo 3? It sure as hell looks better I think. I've played that Rallisport game for a few seconds at Kmart, and that game was pretty tight too. Is it a long game? Worth buying if you are a racing fan? Or should i just rent it? Well any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...holla.

The longest 3 weeks of my life has begun....21 days left...but at least its summer vacation!:cool: NO SCHOOL!!!

faceoff508
05-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Thanks you all for your warm welcomes...you've made me very confident in choosing to buy an Xbox soon. OK...Halo has a 100% i will get it. If Morrowind comes out, I think i will want that, because i'm a major fan of the RPG's (such as Final Fantasy 7-10) and games that just take a LONG time to beat.

Now is that Sega GT 2002 game coming out soon? I saw pics of that game on gamespot.com, and that game looked phat. Do you think it'll be similar/better than Gran Turismo 3? It sure as hell looks better I think. I've played that Rallisport game for a few seconds at Kmart, and that game was pretty tight too. Is it a long game? Worth buying if you are a racing fan? Or should i just rent it? Well any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...holla.

The longest 3 weeks of my life has begun....21 days left...but at least its summer vacation!:cool: NO SCHOOL!!!

If you dont like Railsport Challenge (which I perssonaly dont like) then get Project Gotham Racing, its a very good racing game. Just like Grand T. but harder.

tWoTOMA
05-29-2002, 03:02 PM
GT is a great sim with realistic driving and realistic tracks, a huge garage of cars, and the ability to upgrade each of them. Project Gotham has about 1/10 the amount of cars GT has, no ability to upgrade or modify them, and a completely different (arcade-esque) gameplay.

If You like GT3, then your best bet is SegaGT. It's a sim with a lot of cars from a few eras, and the option of modifying and upgrading your car.

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 03:07 PM
As for Rallisport Challenge, I would easily say that's it's the best racer I've ever played. By the way, I'm also a fan of the Grand Turismo series, but, I actually like Rallisport Challenge better. There's just something about racing off-road that makes it more fun. There are four terrains: Sand, gravel, tarmac (cement), and ice. The car responds differently to the terrains which makes it very realistic. The graphics are mind-blowing on my 50" Widescreen HDTV, too!! :eek:

Veno
05-29-2002, 03:08 PM
Lightout, I would definately not get morrowind. Sure the graphics are stunning and it's pretty fun robbing people for the first couple hours, but the combat system just sucks.. You basically just have to go up to someone, hit them 3 times and they're dead. I've gone pretty far in the pc version, it's just wayyy too easy and boring after awhile. I would get hunter if I were you.

Shorezy
05-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
all u need is Halo for hours . .days . . . weeks. . . months of fun . . . but do go online with it cauz that makes it extra special

Amped
Morrowind is a must also if i ever comes out . .

BTW welcoem to the fourms

This one says it all. Halo will last along time ESCPECIALLY if you play it online. Amped and Morrowind are/will be amasing games too.

Welcome to XBA. Hope you love the xbox as much as everyone here.:D

lightsout
05-29-2002, 03:45 PM
thanks again you all. i still think that i'm going to get Morrowind if it comes out before my bday, because i just love RPG's that let u do what u want, and that take you long time to beat. i think i can get over a sucky combat system. btw...are there any snow/ice covered areas in morrowind??? i just loooove snowy levels:p

Veno
05-29-2002, 03:51 PM
no

lightsout
05-29-2002, 03:56 PM
aww....oh well....still buying it! :D

lightsout
05-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Goodbye fellow Xbox owners...i'll be posting here more tomorrow! thanks for all your help and advice...peace :cool:

Veno
05-29-2002, 04:00 PM
fool... muahahha, we've gotten another idiot to buy the crappiest system of them all, weeeee...

lol jk

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 04:57 PM
Veno..is it me, or does it seem like you don't like the XBox? :confused:

E-Xbox
05-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Veno..is it me, or does it seem like you don't like the XBox? :confused:

didnt he just say just joking?!
..oh well....

peace

Veno
05-29-2002, 05:31 PM
Max, at the bottom of my post i said "lol jk".

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Max, at the bottom of my post i said "lol jk".

I wasn't referring to that post necessarily. It just seems you have a medium level of animocity towards the XBox in general.

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I wasn't referring to that post necessarily. It just seems you have a medium level of animocity towards the XBox in general.

I agree, you warm watered xbox lover, you!

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:40 PM
I've Given In...

why does this sound like a song? Adema perhaps? Giving in?

Adema - Giving In

tech
05-29-2002, 06:48 PM
Project Gotham Racing. This was my first xbox game and I had so many fun and fustrating hours in this game. A must have in my opinion.

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by tech
Project Gotham Racing. This was my first xbox game and I had so many fun and fustrating hours in this game. A must have in my opinion.

Project Gotham Racing is amazing, but most hate it cause many losers dont bother to take some time and play it for more than 3 hours and throw it out.

y2kash_14
05-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Stay away (far away) from Kabuki Warriors at all costs. Its not even worth 5 bucks.

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
Stay away (far away) from Kabuki Warriors at all costs. Its not even worth 5 bucks.

agreed

azurik is good