PDA

View Full Version : The Last GTA Post, Our Final Hope

tWoTOMA
05-29-2002, 03:55 PM
I was really upset by the fact that Sony reportedly signed the GTA series to an exclusive deal until 2004, when PS3 is reportedly going to begin production. I took it upon myself to check the source, and I found a few things. SCEA announced the "deal" at E3, but there has been no press release yet. So for all intents and purposes, it is not "official". I checked over at Take2 Games, and they too have not put out a press release announcing the agreement. They have announced that GTA:VC will be a PS2 exclusive, but they have not said anything about an agreement with Sony to keep GTA exclusive until 2004. Also, they have never officially cancelled GTA3, which was announced in February of 2001 and planned for a release this month.
Another important fact I came across was taht SCEA also spread a rumor at E3 that Metal Gear Solid Substance was to be a PS2 exclusive, but that was quickly shrugged off by the people that got to see Xbox demos and Konami's official announcement.
Sony announces one false rumor against the Xbox, then announces another deal that is yet to be confirmed by either party. The only thing that is set in stone is that GTA:VC will not be available on Xbox, but nothing has been said of GTA3 or any furter versions.
Lastly, I had some problems with my Xbox, so I called 18004MYXBOX, and to kill some time, I asked a rep about GTA3 coming to the Box. He told me it has been in development for over a year and has not officially been cancelled yet. He says that the Xbox team is not sure if the SCEA deal with Rockstar is true, but that he personally hopes it's not (of course). He says even if the rumor is true, GTA3 for Xbox will become a legal battle if Rockstar cancels it, because they have a contract calling for GTA3, Serious Sam, 4x4 Evo, Conflict: Desert Storm, State of Emergency, and Max Payne to come to the box. Also he says they are working on bringing Max Payne 2 to Xbox as an exclusive.
Of course I may be a dillusional GTA and Xbox fanatic clinging to my last hope, but everything that I have reported is true, so take it for what it's worth.

faceoff508
05-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Its too late, your holding on to the last peice of string, and if you let go you will drop 234 ft into the grand canyon!! And eventuly die! :p

DIGITAL
05-29-2002, 04:06 PM
interesting .who really knows!an i know microsoft will be ****ed if rockstar does cancel a game they had planned

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 04:17 PM
*pulls pants down and craps on yet the 3rd gta thread today"

khaos2005
05-29-2002, 04:38 PM
I don't really care anymore. GTA3 can stay with the PS2, quite frankly it got old real quick.

anthony_osborn
05-30-2002, 11:04 PM
i hope GTA will come out for xbox. iv been long waiting for this game. i dont care what anyone else says and i believe that htis guy is right and it might come out later int he year. thats what i think and hope anyway.

Dave
05-30-2002, 11:12 PM
I can live with or without it. You would think some other company would want to make a game kinda like GTA3 if Rockstar won't. If you look at all the real sucessfulll exlusive's, and usually a rip off of the title is made by someone else. Might not be called GTA, but it would not suprise me to see a game a lot like it with a different name come out.

XxeGoxX
05-30-2002, 11:13 PM
I dont see why GTA is a big deal i mean its a cool game but its not that good.

Liquid Gears
05-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005
I don't really care anymore. GTA3 can stay with the PS2, quite frankly it got old real quick.

True, true.

Kortiz
05-30-2002, 11:44 PM
lets be truthful

if we were still getting this game it would still be something we had against PS2.....now we(well some of you) are just shoving it off like it is the past...when you know if we were getting it you would have probably bought it too.....

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 12:00 AM
If see another GTA thread I'm gonna barf!

FuNkY mOnK
05-31-2002, 07:54 AM
Get it for the pc, play it, and move on.:rolleyes:

JohnB
05-31-2002, 10:42 AM
It was an interesting read, but I just don't get why some think this game is so great. I borrowed it from my friend for my PS2 and got tired of the game after a month or so. If you haven't played the game by now, where the hell have you been? This game is in the past in my books...

X-Ray
05-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
If see another GTA thread I'm gonna barf!

Yeah! Forget the fact that this thread adds a new perspective and provides new information! I hate threads like this!:rolleyes:

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

Yeah! Forget the fact that this thread adds a new perspective and provides new information! I hate threads like this!:rolleyes:

Exscuse me for expressing my general attitude towards GTA threads.:o :rolleyes:

XBOX MSSC
05-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Sell you xbox and buy a PS2, if you like GTA so much..:eek: gosh i'm damn sick of these threads :eek:

LynxFX
05-31-2002, 12:15 PM
Why not just get it on the PC? It is better there anyway.

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Why not just get it on the PC? It is better there anyway.

Agreed.

X-Ray
05-31-2002, 12:49 PM

Exscuse me for expressing my general attitude towards GTA threads.:o :rolleyes:

No one's disturbed by your general attitude toward GTA threads--just the fact that you seem anxious to flame anyone who starts a GTA thread regardless of their content. Did anyone force you to read the thread? No. This is proven by the fact that you didn't read anything more than the subject line and because GTA was in it you flamed a guy. If, on the other hand, you had read the post you might have learned something about the possibility of a top-selling game coming to X-Box. But I guess one-sentence "flames" will get you post count up faster won't they?:rolleyes:

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

No one's disturbed by your general attitude toward GTA threads--just the fact that you seem anxious to flame anyone who starts a GTA thread regardless of their content. Did anyone force you to read the thread? No. This is proven by the fact that you didn't read anything more than the subject line and because GTA was in it you flamed a guy. If, on the other hand, you had read the post you might have learned something about the possibility of a top-selling game coming to X-Box. But I guess one-sentence "flames" will get you post count up faster won't they?:rolleyes:

Are you blind!?! I never even flaimed the guy! Man, calm down!

X-Ray
05-31-2002, 01:07 PM

Are you blind!?! I never even flaimed the guy! Man, calm down!

1. It was a flame. It beleive you said something along the lines of "If I see one more GTA thread, I'm gonna barf!!" (or something like that). You may not have threated violence("Ninja-style") but it was a flame.

2. I need to calm down? Ok, to measure our relative "calmness" I propose we cound exclamation marks. In the post I quoted above, you used four exclamation marks in three sentances. You sound a little excited.:rolleyes: I used...lets see none in the post you last quoted. hmm....:rolleyes:

l Maximus l
05-31-2002, 01:15 PM
It's an interesting perspective, however, I still just say: "We'll see". Personally, I won't be bummed out if GTA3 doesn't come to the XBox...I played in on the PC for a couple hours...and, yes, I thought it was fun, but, I started to get really bored with it. I do like the free roam aspect of the game, however, comparing it to what looks like extremely impressive XBox exclusives like Brute Force and Unreal Championship, makes GTA3, to me, appear to be a peice of junk.

FuNkY mOnK
05-31-2002, 02:10 PM
If you guys need this game that bad, at thirty nine bucks just get the pc version, ironically it doesn’t take much requirements to run this game and it looks much sharper on the higher resolution settings. It’s a no brainer. Go to eb the shelves are stuffed with em.:rolleyes:

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 03:16 PM
1. It was a flame. It beleive you said something along the lines of "If I see one more GTA thread, I'm gonna barf!!" (or something like that). You may not have threated violence("Ninja-style") but it was a flame.

Okay, so now if I say that I'm sick of a certain type of thread I am flaiming? Ok. Whatever you say.:rolleyes:

X-Ray
05-31-2002, 03:43 PM

Okay, so now if I say that I'm sick of a certain type of thread I am flaiming? Ok. Whatever you say.:rolleyes:

You didn't merely say you were sick of GTA threads; you used diction that suggests disgust, utter repugnance, and intolerance, which in turn creates a hostile and disdainful tone and mood. That seems like flaming to me, espescially given the innocent nature of the post you flamed.

But what bothers me about your post is your blind categorization--not your "flaming" which is a subjective term anyway. You were repulsed by a GTA thread and didn't even bother to read the content before you posted you "flame." Had you read poster's post, you would have realized (or realised for those outside the USA;) ) that his post is not just another GTA post that does nothing but ask the same dumb questions and repeats old news. But you didn't read it; if you did, you might have learned something. Instead you flamed the thread.

The point is that your "flaming" is indicative of a major problem on these forums: posting before you read. All you read was the subject.

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 04:27 PM
OK, so if I use "diction" that suggest disgust I am creating a hostile tone and mood? And thus I am flaming? Ok. Whatever you say.:rolleyes:

Just drop it...it is not a big deal.

MixMasta
06-01-2002, 07:41 AM
well, i dont care about gta3, but if we can get max payne 2 exclusive, sony will eat it!!!!