PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling that Morrowind will suck!!

faceoff508
05-29-2002, 03:56 PM
I am not saying this game is a bad game ( I am still buying it) but I have a feeling that this game will turn out to be much like RAW! Many, who have played the PC version say its too easy and gets boring quick! And I think after its release, many RPG fans will be dissapionted! What do you think?

Kraft
05-29-2002, 03:59 PM
I think I am tired of seeing threads about this. You won't be able to say whether or not morrowind will be good until it comes out. Have you wondered why it is taking so long to get to the xbox? I mean, its a pc game, they could probably port it in 2 days if they needed to... my guess is they are putting in some serious extra work to tweak it out and make it even better than the pc version. Only time will tell though.

faceoff508
05-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
I think I am tired of seeing threads about this. You won't be able to say whether or not morrowind will be good until it comes out. Have you wondered why it is taking so long to get to the xbox? I mean, its a pc game, they could probably port it in 2 days if they needed to... my guess is they are putting in some serious extra work to tweak it out and make it even better than the pc version. Only time will tell though.

Wasnt RAW delayed a couple of times???

Veno
05-29-2002, 04:03 PM
For the last time, kraft, it's already out for pc. And the xbox version is a port. And I am almost through the game, and so far I am incredibly dissapointed.

Kraft
05-29-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Veno
For the last time, kraft, it's already out for pc. And the xbox version is a port. And I am almost through the game, and so far I am incredibly dissapointed.

umm... thats what I said, veno... did you actually read my post? Morrowind has been out for the pc for a few weeks now, so why didn't it come out for the xbox then too? No matter what people say, the box is just like your computer at home and should be no problem to port over. If anything the games should have come out at the same time. But it is getting held back, the PC version has been out and still no xbox... I think that they are looking at the complaints from the online version and fixing it up. Thats why I have hope that morrowind for the xbox will be better than the PC version. I also hope that you understand what I am talking about now, veno:rolleyes:

Alien
05-29-2002, 04:06 PM
I'll still get it. I think it's gonna be what it is expected to be- an all-around great game.

Kooster
05-29-2002, 04:09 PM
Extended Play said it was gonna be good. Im looking forward to it. These negative comments before the game is out are as annoying as false hype. :(

Veno
05-29-2002, 04:10 PM
The xbox isn't exactly the same as a pc. Yes it is basically a pc in a black box with a dvd player. But it still takes awhile to port. Plus it's going through Ms quality control. If it is being fixed up, which I doubt, good. Otherwise, don't get it.

faceoff508
05-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Extended Play said it was gonna be good. Im looking forward to it. These negative comments before the game is out are as annoying as false hype. :(

http://atypically.net/smilies/devil.gif http://atypically.net/smilies/dingus.gif

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 04:13 PM
I feel it is going to be a huge disappointment as well, I say this now and I said this when the game was still in development. This company is known for over hyped games. Daggerfall is their best known one! It was a game you would love or hate (mostly hate!).

Veno
05-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Is it me or is everyone in this thread in denial? You refuse to accept the possibility it'll suck. And you're saying "negative comments before the game is out are annoying as false hype", even though it's been out for 2 freakin weeks on pc. My god. Come back to real life...

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 04:22 PM

seriously dude, if you are trying to hype yourself up because you pre-ordered this game then by all means look in front of a mirror and do it. This game very well could suck, and unless they totally revamped the xbox version it is going to be practically the same as the pc, thus the concensus is that it gets old, and it is nothing groud breaking as far as gameplay! Who cares if it is opened ended and to be honest with you I don't like not knowing what to do next. It is annoying (kinda like your post). I knew a game that has 100+ gameplay hours wouldn't do good. You save your game and forget about it for a couple days start it back up and you are lost! Booooooring!

khaos2005
05-29-2002, 04:32 PM
The xbox isn't exactly the same as a pc. Yes it is basically a pc in a black box with a dvd player. But it still takes awhile to port. Plus it's going through Ms quality control. If it is being fixed up, which I doubt, good. Otherwise, don't get it.

Why are you telling us not to get it? I realize it's your opinion, which is fine, but why try to get people to not buy a game, especially when it isn't out.

About 25% of the comments I have heard are negative. Most of these deal with the game not working perfectly on a given system. Although this is unfortunate, it doesn't say anything about the level of quality in the game. (In a way it does, yes, but this is a high level game, and it would be difficult for them to get it to work perfect on every system.) The other 75% or so comments have been moderately positive, or so it seems. But why encourage people to not buy a game? I want the XBox to succeed so badly. I want Morrowind to go places too, I just hope it is worth the wait.

Is it me or is everyone in this thread in denial? You refuse to accept the possibility it'll suck. And you're saying "negative comments before the game is out are annoying as false hype", even though it's been out for 2 freakin weeks on pc. My god. Come back to real life...

We have our opinion, and you have yours. I partly agree with you though, even though I don't want to. I don't think it will suck, but I feel I will be less thrilled when I get the game now then I thought I'd be 2 or 3 months ago. If you know what I mean.

Monga
05-29-2002, 04:37 PM
Errr.... Morrowind for the PC is easy, and will always be easy. Don't think that these measly 4-5 weeks of delaying is gonna fix any of that. Maybe to some people, loop-holes are a fun part of the game. But don't think the game will get any more difficult. What is happening during these delays are most likely bugs that PC users are finding and reporting. Obviously, when you get the game, there will be some bugs, but Bethsoft is trying to limit the bugs as much as possible because there is no possibilty of patching. The game is a port, as Veno pointed out, so it will be the same game, and a few delays won't change anything. Personally, Morrowind sounds ok if youre willing to use your imagination, cuz it could get a little lonely...

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Who cares if it is opened ended and to be honest with you I don't like not knowing what to do next.

i think that all of you(and shaggy for this comment you most of all) should take your xbox controllers and any other console controllers u have, go home, get some wall hooks and hang the contollers up on a wall and just retire from video games all together . . . .

good or bad y dont u rent the game and make your own dam opinion of the game instead of reading what some others opinions about the game r . . . .
i mean some of he opinions were bad and some were good . . . so lets go and pick out all the bad ones and just focus on thoes cazu the glass is alwasy half empty . . . .

thus the concensus is that it gets old, and it is nothing groud breaking as far as gameplay!

and im sure u played through all 100+ hours of game play to come upm with this conclusion . . .

If it sucks or not i will have it and decide for my own dam self instead of going by what someone else opinion is . . . . . .

now if every single review by people was negitive thats a different story but i read alot of good things too . . . . but they could be wrong as well. . . . only June 4th will tell the tale

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Monga
but Bethsoft is trying to limit the bugs as much as possible because there is no possibilty of patching.

y not DOA got a 'mod' which was only new coustums but y couldnt they make a booster to fix a bug thet gets by MS's quality assurance testing

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

i think that all of you(and shaggy for this comment you most of all) should take your xbox controllers and any other console controllers u have, go home, get some wall hooks and hang the contollers up on a wall and just retire from video games all together . . . .

good or bad y dont u rent the game and make your own dam opinion of the game instead of reading what some others opinions about the game r . . . .
i mean some of he opinions were bad and some were good . . . so lets go and pick out all the bad ones and just focus on thoes cazu the glass is alwasy half empty . . . .

and im sure u played through all 100+ hours of game play to come upm with this conclusion . . .

If it sucks or not i will have it and decide for my own dam self instead of going by what someone else opinion is . . . . . .

now if every single review by people was negitive thats a different story but i read alot of good things too . . . . but they could be wrong as well. . . . only June 4th will tell the tale

dude, honestly I want this game to be awsome! I actually have the money set aside to buy it(if it is good). But alot of you newbies to the gaming scene don't know ****! The makers of this game have never made a game that isn't ridden full of bugs, and for the majority their games were so-so, will history repeat itself.....well probably, but I hope not. No I didn't play though all 100+ hours because, I don't have that much time in my busy life, from what I have read on the forums the game is great for the first weeks, if you haven't seen this then you are pathitic. And I do decide for myself on games, I just don't fight tooth and nail for a game that could end up becomming a steaming pile of crap! I will feel this way until I play the game myself. But until then I will go with the developers past, and guess that they will **** up again.

peace~

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Because I'm not the biggest RPG fan, I'm going to wait and see what you all have to say about Morrowind after you guys have had a chance to play it.

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

y not DOA got a 'mod' which was only new coustums but y couldnt they make a booster to fix a bug thet gets by MS's quality assurance testing

it would work but, that is definatly a trend ms dosn't want to follow. Plus for me to pay 50 for the game and then 10 for the mag to get the patch is bull****! If i pay 50 for the game that is it!

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Because I'm not the biggest RPG fan, I'm going to wait and see what you all have to say about Morrowind after you guys have had a chance to play it.

Yeah I am waiting, as well! I would like it to turn out great, because I have the money for the game!
I just like comming in her to stir up some **** w/ people that have been having wet dreams over this game!

now here is the delima
do i get
morrowind
or
outlaw golf?

khaos2005
05-29-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

It's interesting how some people can communicate without using swear words and by not shouting opinions based on non-information.

Just an observation, that's all.

But for the record, many of the opinions against the game are probably true, sadly.

Spaztic
05-29-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005

It's interesting how some people can communicate without using swear words and by not shouting opinions based on non-information.

Just an observation, that's all.

But for the record, many of the opinions against the game are probably true, sadly.

thats why they are **** out, to protect your virgin ears!

Xbox Owner
05-29-2002, 05:48 PM
I think it will still be a good game. I mean, the graphics are really sweet, and they gameplay is supposed to be good. I mean, seriously. And it might not be a straight port either.:)

lllSmokelll
05-29-2002, 05:50 PM
i also watched extended play and they showed footage from xbox and PC and it looked WAAAyyyyyy better on PC, marrowind probly will suck for xbox

Kooster
05-29-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Veno

seriously dude, if you are trying to hype yourself up because you pre-ordered this game then by all means look in front of a mirror and do it. This game very well could suck, and unless they totally revamped the xbox version it is going to be practically the same as the pc, thus the concensus is that it gets old, and it is nothing groud breaking as far as gameplay! Who cares if it is opened ended and to be honest with you I don't like not knowing what to do next. It is annoying (kinda like your post). I knew a game that has 100+ gameplay hours wouldn't do good. You save your game and forget about it for a couple days start it back up and you are lost! Booooooring! OKAY! Im not gonna argue... U guys may not like it on PC, but im not gonna "pre-hate" it because of what you think. I might like it. Lots of ppl do. I think an open-ended game w/ hours of things u can do sounds fun.

Slacker
05-29-2002, 06:34 PM
Why is it SOME people in this forum Whine about EVERYTHING , I mean it's beyond annoying , if you have doubts about a Game before you even play it then , your pathetic and like someone else already said "hang up your controllers and sell your Box"

Yes Daggerfall was CRappy but it was also fun, and it came out How many freaking years ago??!?!!,,, I think Bethesda has gotten better since then, and Not EVERY gamer has the same exspectations as other Gamers, I mean some people love Zelda games , I think there Boring Crap same with Mario and FF I hate all those games there is nothing Intelligent or challenging about them in my opinion,

Morrowind could hit or miss, and to those who do not like open ended games then Skip Project Ego, and for those of you who "don't like what to do next" then Dont buy Adult intelligent games stick to what you like and don't diss what is Scary to you,

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:37 PM
thats what i was thinking about the matrix and still am thinking, and yes, i will still buy the matrix and morrowind

Xbox Owner
05-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Why is it SOME people in this forum Whine about EVERYTHING , I mean it's beyond annoying , if you have doubts about a Game before you even play it then , your pathetic and like someone else already said "hang up your controllers and sell your Box"

Yes Daggerfall was CRappy but it was also fun, and it came out How many freaking years ago??!?!!,,, I think Bethesda has gotten better since then, and Not EVERY gamer has the same exspectations as other Gamers, I mean some people love Zelda games , I think there Boring Crap same with Mario and FF I hate all those games there is nothing Intelligent or challenging about them in my opinion,

Morrowind could hit or miss, and to those who do not like open ended games then Skip Project Ego, and for those of you who "don't like what to do next" then Dont buy Adult intelligent games stick to what you like and don't diss what is Scary to you,

I agree. I mean, when I posted, I was whining or anything. I simply said it might not be bad, and it looks promising. IMO, it will be a good game.:rolleyes:

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

good point, i guess i will also watch what i say. it is pretty hard to judge games just by "thinking about it in your mind". after a demo or rent, i guess we can all judge a game then

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:44 PM
i also got a question, how does goldberg manage to pick up 12 posts since november?

just curious

khaos2005
05-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I have virgin ears.:rolleyes:

Think before posting.

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I have virgin ears.:rolleyes:

Think before posting.

i take it that this doesn't pretain to me

khaos2005
05-29-2002, 06:54 PM
No I don't think so. ;)

I don't remember who actually.

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:55 PM
No I don't think so. ;)

I don't remember who actually.

lol

knns
05-29-2002, 07:17 PM
i don't know what u people r thinking but most the cretics gave the pc version pretty good ratings. if it's comeinng out on june 4th then there will be verry little difference. and if this game really do suck bad news for xbox AND i am really gonna regret buying a xbox.

OppiumNitrates
05-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by knns
i don't know what u people r thinking but most the cretics gave the pc version pretty good ratings. if it's comeinng out on june 4th then there will be verry little difference. and if this game really do suck bad news for xbox AND i am really gonna regret buying a xbox.

ur gunna regret buyinng the box for 1 game. . . . dude i dont know what ur thinking . . . . thats lame and sad

Calve
05-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Wasnt RAW delayed a couple of times???

Wasnt Hunter delayed a couple times???

Peace:mad: :mad: :mad:

Calve
05-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by goldberg
i also watched extended play and they showed footage from xbox and PC and it looked WAAAyyyyyy better on PC, marrowind probly will suck for xbox

UMM r u on crack??? the only difference was the fog!!!

they said the xbox version is way more steady and for the pc version to be better then xboxs version u need a really tricked out PC!!!!

Ur stupid kid

(yes i saw extended g....ay)

Peace

Frostberg
05-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Morrowind will get boring if you dont dedicate yourself to it. The people who like Azuirk know what I'm talkin about...you know the game ig good, and you can look past any bugs...but more importantly you do actually play, and dont give up because you know it will get better...

swampthyng
05-29-2002, 09:42 PM
I really dunno why the hell you'd buy this game on xbox period. Half the point of this game is the construction set and the ability to make end user mods. Without that the game REALLY sucks and you'll tire of it VERy quickly.

You guys obviously have PC's. Why not get it for the PC where you'll at least have a chance of it having a life past the first 10 hours when you realize that the game world is very dull, that 99% of the quests are nothing more than go here talk to this guy, or run through this small cave and kill a bunch of super easy creatures and your done. I mean seriously the quests in this game take long to GET to than to actually finish. let alone the fact that as soon as you get to the top of a guild you are DONE with their quests, there are NO more and it only takes a couple hours to get to the top of a guild.

*spoiler*

The main story line is a TOTAL ripoff of the eye of the world series of books. You are this ancient hero reborn to save this land from the "dark one" who lives in a volcano (shayol ghul) and has put a blight on the land (taint of the male half of the one power) to do this you have get support of these desert dwelling type people (aiel) while the temple has been trying to stop you but once you have proven your this hero reborn decides to help you (white tower). That is the main plot to this game, tell me how they didn't copy the eye of the world almost exactly.

I could go on and on about the problems but no reason. I think most reviews of this game were done with under 10 hours of gameplay before any of the HUGE issues with the game manifest. At first your in absolute awe, but once the illusion is broken, man it's gets broken HARD.

Don't buy this game on the xbox, do your self a favor and at least get it on the PC where you can get some user created quests/mods. On the xbox it'd suck HARDCORE.

Rancey
05-29-2002, 10:46 PM
I've posted this another time but I'll post it again for those critics out there, I LOVE this game! That's not to say this game is for everybody, but it's definetely worth at least a rent before passing judgement (although I feel once you really get into the game you get a better sense for it). I urge everybody to give it a try, because you should at least give it some credit before giving up on it. Also, I have found this game getting great reviews for the PC, I forget who said it wasn't, but I'd like to see a few. Also, I haven't even touched the construction set yet so don't think that's all I've been doing. The game can be easy, but that's not to say it won't last you 100+hours if you dedicate the time towards it. Also, there are many variations of characters to play, atm I am playing an unarmoured thief/mage and am having a great time...so please...give it a try. :)

zfBRAT
05-30-2002, 02:51 AM
By the time we get the pc version, it'll be out on x-box, so I just rather get it for xbox. I can't afford to upgrade my pc, but $50 for Morrowind on xbox will just have to do :)

Hermes
05-30-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by swampthyng
I really dunno why the hell you'd buy this game on xbox period. Half the point of this game is the construction set and the ability to make end user mods.

Well, The point of Xbox is to sit in your living room on your sofa in front of your HD TV with your home stereo system. That is why I will get the Xbox version of this game and every other Xbox/Pc game that comes out in the future.

OppiumNitrates
05-30-2002, 10:24 AM

You guys obviously have PC's. Why not get it for the PC where you'll at least have a chance of it having a life past the first 10 hours when you realize that the game world is very dull, that 99% of the quests are nothing more than go here talk to this guy, or run through this small cave and kill a bunch of super easy creatures and your done. I mean seriously the quests in this game take long to GET to than to actually finish. let alone the fact that as soon as you get to the top of a guild you are DONE with their quests, there are NO more and it only takes a couple hours to get to the top of a guild.

maybe most of us use our Xbox's to play games and our PCs to search the web and ***** . . . . besides this game would crash the ***** out of my PC from what i hear i dont even meet the minimum requirerments and if i did thats only the MINIMUM . . . . alos i dont have a G to drop on upgrades every time a kick ass PC game comes out . . . . (ill wait for xbox version of this one and Jedi knight II) and not worry about the construction set . . .

but moreover i think that the game is easy to most because of the type of character u choose . .. i mean u could get though almost the entire game without killing anyone(thats killing not fighting . .big difference) so u gotta expect that the game is set up for any number of charicter types to be able to see it though . . . . im not gunna be some tank fighter who can hack and slash his way to the end . . .. more like a *thief/mage/assassin/rouge* a little of everything ya know . . . .but mostly a backstabbing vile criminal who would help an old lady accoss the street duing the day but steal her purse when no one was looking . .heh heh heh

swampthyng
05-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Guess it never dawned on my that you guys with crap pc's were getting the xbox version due to that reason, but still, damn, i can't imagine owning this on Xbox. The mods are gonna be the only thing that'll make it worth playing.

"but moreover i think that the game is easy to most because of the type of character u choose . .. i mean u could get though almost the entire game without killing anyone(thats killing not fighting . .big difference) so u gotta expect that the game is set up for any number of charicter types to be able to see it though"

See i find this silly. I have to purposely play a gimp so the game is slightly challenging? My character was just a plain flat out fighter who could cast 3 spells, water walking, recall and mark. and the game was PATHETICALLY easy. Almost everything dies in 1-2 hits. You definately CANNOT get through the whole game without killing. In fact other than fetch and carry quests EVERY quest is about killing someone or something. I honestly think this game got good reviews just due to the graphics because it's been proven time and time again that all you need to do now to get good reviews is flash pretty pictures in front of the reviews faces and their stunning intellect is convinced the game rocks. I'm not a basher of the game on purpose, i REALLy wanted to like the game. I absolutely LOVED daggerfall even with it's bugs, but this game is half the game daggerfall is.

Guess you'll see once it's out, but don't say i didn't tell ya.

Calve
05-30-2002, 06:33 PM
swampthyng:

i heard that the game is easy for people that have played daggerfall but extremely difficult to the newbies to the ES series

Peace

Frostberg
05-30-2002, 06:53 PM
It is pretty standard...really there arent any tricks...if you have ever played an RPG you would have a small advantage...but really you can learn fast...

zfBRAT
05-31-2002, 01:22 AM
My pc has good sound, but my theater system is hooked up to my tv. My xbox is better than my pc, and it's made for gaming. My pc is fine for the games I have for it, and it's about as upgraded as it can be without purchasing a new tower, motherboard and all of the other necessities. Morrowind may be out for pc, but I haven't seen it here in Juneau. That means I'll probably see the xbox version first. So, guess what? The pc version can wait...hehehe

zfBRAT
06-01-2002, 02:32 AM
I just got paid today and no Morrowind on pc or Xbox. What am I to do?http://www.krisken.hpg.ig.com.br/cartoon8/smokeshi.jpg

OppiumNitrates
06-02-2002, 01:56 AM

See i find this silly. I have to purposely play a gimp so the game is slightly challenging? My character was just a plain flat out fighter who could cast 3 spells, water walking, recall and mark. and the game was PATHETICALLY easy. Almost everything dies in 1-2 hits. You definately CANNOT get through the whole game without killing. In fact other than fetch and carry quests EVERY quest is about killing someone or something. I honestly think this game got good reviews just due to the graphics because it's been proven time and time again that all you need to do now to get good reviews is flash pretty pictures in front of the reviews faces and their stunning intellect is convinced the game rocks. I'm not a basher of the game on purpose, i REALLy wanted to like the game. I absolutely LOVED daggerfall even with it's bugs, but this game is half the game daggerfall is.

Guess you'll see once it's out, but don't say i didn't tell ya.

dude the game is set up so people who dont like to use fighters maybe someone who wants to be more interested in othyer parts of the game then fighting. but i think thats the beauty of this game u can be a hack and slash fighter and breeze through the game or choose a more suttle character and take your time find ways around killing . . . . besides im sure u dont have to kill everyone i mean i didnt say u cant beat some one up with your hands and knock 'em out . . . . . i read in a Q&A with the developers about that, and they said u could get thoeugh most of the "Main quest" without killing.

sholmes983
06-02-2002, 01:23 PM
I think it's funny that people are saying the game sucked because it was way too easy. Well, if it's a 100 hr + game and they obviously beat it (since they earned the right to say it was easy) then why on earth would you sit there and play a game that sucked for 100+ hours? I mean, I don't know about other people, but I don't usually play games I like for 100+ hours.

And why am I buying it on the Xbox? Because to be honest having my face glued to a computer for hours on end isn't my idea of fun. The Xbox controller is a lot more comfortable then my keyboard and mouse. My recliner is a lot more comfortable then my desk chair. And I really don't care to deal with the compatibility issues. I don't really care about mods either, I probably won't even make it to the end of the game before something else takes up my time, so they don't really affect me.

I've watched my friend sit there an play the game on his PC, and get more satisfaction out of that then playing through Halo or Hunter for the billionth time, so I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy the game. And if I don't, oh well, I've blown way more then $50 on dumber stuff before.

:)

CALzinger
06-02-2002, 03:32 PM
just try the PC version

CALzinger
06-02-2002, 03:33 PM
nevermind, they are both exactly the same.
i thought the PC version was out before the x version

Frostberg
06-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
nevermind, they are both exactly the same.
i thought the PC version was out before the x version
The PC version is out now...the only thing different is that you can download stuff for the PC and there is an editor...but it isint a big deal...

Calve
06-02-2002, 07:30 PM
i just read somewhere at the www.morrowind.com forums that the xbox version has hooks for plugins!!!:D :D :D !!!

This is great news!!!!!!

Peace:cool:

sholmes983
06-02-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Calve
i just read somewhere at the www.morrowind.com forums that the xbox version has hooks for plugins!!!:D :D :D !!!

This is great news!!!!!!

Peace:cool:

ummm, 'scuse my idiocy :eek:, but what does "hooks for plugins" mean? Does that mean they may be releasing addons?

zfBRAT
06-03-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by sholmes983
I think it's funny that people are saying the game sucked because it was way too easy. Well, if it's a 100 hr + game and they obviously beat it (since they earned the right to say it was easy) then why on earth would you sit there and play a game that sucked for 100+ hours? I mean, I don't know about other people, but I don't usually play games I like for 100+ hours.

And why am I buying it on the Xbox? Because to be honest having my face glued to a computer for hours on end isn't my idea of fun. The Xbox controller is a lot more comfortable then my keyboard and mouse. My recliner is a lot more comfortable then my desk chair. And I really don't care to deal with the compatibility issues. I don't really care about mods either, I probably won't even make it to the end of the game before something else takes up my time, so they don't really affect me.

I've watched my friend sit there an play the game on his PC, and get more satisfaction out of that then playing through Halo or Hunter for the billionth time, so I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy the game. And if I don't, oh well, I've blown way more then $50 on dumber stuff before.

:) I like what you've typed. My reason for preferring x-box is that it's not available on pc here in Juneau. Also, my cp wouldn't handle it if it were. It's 3 years old. I don't finish many games either. My time is short.

SkoalMint
06-03-2002, 05:07 AM

ummm, 'scuse my idiocy :eek:, but what does "hooks for plugins" mean? Does that mean they may be releasing addons?

Yes. That means that the potential is there.

Calve
06-03-2002, 04:18 PM

Yep:D:D:D:D:D:D

Peace:cool: :cool: :cool:

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
It is pretty standard...really there arent any tricks...if you have ever played an RPG you would have a small advantage...but really you can learn fast...

Good, because I have never played a true RPG, but I Morrowind on pre-order.

Hooligan!
06-04-2002, 11:01 PM
people sux.

:)

swampthyng
06-05-2002, 05:20 PM
"i read in a Q&A with the developers about that, and they said u could get thoeugh most of the "Main quest" without killing."

Not really true, unless you consider bribing someone over and over till their reaction number is high enough as a viable way to get through the main quest other than fighting? Other than that you cannot get through even maybe 30% of the main quest without killing stuff and being a hack and slash character.

100 hours? No, definately not. Maybe if you walk EVERYWHERE and do EVERY SINGLE QUEST in the game, ie. EVERY mini quest and walk each and every single one. The main plot quest has maybe 10-15 hours of gameplay required to finish. It is VERY short and VERY lame, as i said COMPLETE eye of the world ripoff, if you've read the books you'll see what i mean. So your argument of people hating the game and playing it for 100 hours is kinda silly.

You can go from the bottom to the top of a great house in maybe 2-3 hours and once you've done so there are NO MORE quests. Same with most guilds. The imperial guard takes maybe 2 hours to be the leader of it.

I'm sure some of you might like this game but i think the majority of the pc community has found that it's SORELY lacking. Perhaps as a console RPG it might be received better as it probably is better than most console RPG's. But as a PC RPG it's crap.

X-Factor
06-05-2002, 05:41 PM
I don't care what anyone of you say, I'm gonna be getting Morrowind this friday...:D

OppiumNitrates
06-05-2002, 07:21 PM
"i read in a Q&A with the developers about that, and they said u could get thoeugh most of the "Main quest" without killing."

Not really true, unless you consider bribing someone over and over till their reaction number is high enough as a viable way to get through the main quest other than fighting? Other than that you cannot get through even maybe 30% of the main quest without killing stuff and being a hack and slash character.

did u even read what u wrote, u totaly contradicted yourself. . . . "u cant really get thorough most of the main quest without killing unless u consider doing blah blah blah". . . . . . well thats getting thorght it with out killing right . . . besides the game might seem easy to hack and slash tank fighters but there is hunderds of thousands of other typs of characters to choose form.. . . i personally wont even carry a soward or ax maybe a small dagger and some throwing knifes and a bow . .. .

100 hours? No, definately not. Maybe if you walk EVERYWHERE and do EVERY SINGLE QUEST in the game, ie. EVERY mini quest and walk each and every single one. The main plot quest has maybe 10-15 hours of gameplay required to finish. It is VERY short and VERY lame, as i said COMPLETE eye of the world ripoff, if you've read the books you'll see what i mean. So your argument of people hating the game and playing it for 100 hours is kinda silly.

and when they say the game has 100+ hours of game play they ARE refering to every quest on the game . . . and completing everything that is able to be completed that is the definition of game play. . . .

Frostberg
06-05-2002, 07:31 PM
< owned >

lol If I am buying a game with 100 hours of possible gameplay, why would I only do the minimum? You are a really huge dumbass to waste away your money, not get what you pay for and then you do ***NOT*** have the right to call the game bad because it is short. It isn't Morrowinds fault you decided to not do all the challanges the game offers. What do you think the whole think with Morrowind is? The endless possibility of options and routes you can take. It is your choice how you play the game, but I'm sure when they made Morrowind they wanted people to explore. If you want linear gameplay please play some Final Fantasy. Morrowind is not like that, and dont say it is because you are too lazy to fully experience the game for what it is

< /owned >

OppiumNitrates
06-05-2002, 07:42 PM
good call Frostburg

Calve
06-05-2002, 08:32 PM
****in complainers!!! swamp guy ur a ****in dumbass!!! uve spent more time posting in this thread then uve played the game!!! ive played the PC version and it kicks ass!!! dont be stupid cuz ur not the only ****in 1 here too play the game and how can u say a game that took so long to make suck!! i mean games like azurik suck!!!

so shut the **** up!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

xbaaddict
06-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Swamp guy i got a left nut right here for you to suck. It works great as a gag which im sure everyone wishes that you were gaged right now.

John002
06-06-2002, 03:13 PM
What xbox games do you like? You seem really down on Morrowind.

zfBRAT
06-07-2002, 01:40 AM
I'm hip on Morrowind, but I need an xbox copy right away...hehehe