PDA

View Full Version : Steel Batallion's CONFIRMED Price...

Piccolo_DBz
05-29-2002, 06:48 PM
From Gamefront.de

XBOX: Capcom gab heute auf einer 'Summer Show' bekannt, dass die Mechsimulation Tekki, die in Europa und den USA Steel Battalion heisst, am 22.08.02 in Japan erscheinen wird. Für die Steuerung wird ein Spezialcontroller mit 40 Tasten ausgeliefert, der zusammen mit dem Spiel 19.800 Yen (Euro 170 / US $ 160) kostet. Zur Vergrösserung Bild anklicken.

Altavista Translation:

XBOX: Capcom communicated today on ' buzzers a Show ' that the mechanical simulation Tekki, which is called in Europe and the USA Steel Battalion will appear to 22.08.02 in Japan. For the control a special CONTROLLER with 40 keys is delivered, which costs 19,800 Yen (euro 170/US $ 160) together with the play.

I don't know about u guys but I'm preordering this sucker when it hits the states :D :D

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
From Gamefront.de

XBOX: Capcom gab heute auf einer 'Summer Show' bekannt, dass die Mechsimulation Tekki, die in Europa und den USA Steel Battalion heisst, am 22.08.02 in Japan erscheinen wird. Für die Steuerung wird ein Spezialcontroller mit 40 Tasten ausgeliefert, der zusammen mit dem Spiel 19.800 Yen (Euro 170 / US $ 160) kostet. Zur Vergrösserung Bild anklicken.

Altavista Translation:

XBOX: Capcom communicated today on ' buzzers a Show ' that the mechanical simulation Tekki, which is called in Europe and the USA Steel Battalion will appear to 22.08.02 in Japan. For the control a special CONTROLLER with 40 keys is delivered, which costs 19,800 Yen (euro 170/US $ 160) together with the play.

I don't know about u guys but I'm preordering this sucker when it hits the states :D :D

now i KNOW i have seen this before somewhere on these forums

Piccolo_DBz
05-30-2002, 01:17 AM
I just checked around...nothin..:confused:

GokuX
05-30-2002, 02:05 AM
I dunno, I wanna make sure they don't screw it up, so I'll just wait til I can rent it.

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
I dunno, I wanna make sure they don't screw it up, so I'll just wait til I can rent it.

I'm with you....but, you have to admit, Steel Battalion, so far, looks extremely impressive...I just hope it plays like it looks! :)

GokuX
05-30-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

I'm with you....but, you have to admit, Steel Battalion, so far, looks extremely impressive...I just hope it plays like it looks! :)

I know it looks spectacular, but I've seen too many games that looked awesome and ended up being a little off in the gameplay department. An increase in price will guarantee an increase in letdown and disappointment if something in the game is off.

Hermes
05-30-2002, 04:52 AM
$160 isn't too bad. I have no plans of getting this but if more games were made using the controller or it was Xbox Live enabled, I might think about it.

Piccolo_DBz
05-30-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by GokuX

I highly doubt you can rent it.

Also here's some more news confirming the price
Steel Battalion Pricing ... For Japan
Wednesday, May 29, 20:20 | Talon |
One of the most unique features about Steel Battalion (Tekki as its known in Japan) is the inclusion of the 40-button controller. Pushing aside all rumors concerning the price of the game and controller combo when released was the announcement Capcom will ship the game on August 22nd for 19,800 Yen ($150 USD) with the controller included. This number should come has a pleasant bit of news for fans expecting to pay upwards of $200 USD for the controller and game.
Steel Battalion ships in North America later this fall on Xbox.

SkoalMint
05-30-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz

I highly doubt you can rent it.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure that most of the clerks at my local BlockBuster wouldn't even be able to lift that monstrosity over the counter.

GokuX
05-30-2002, 07:10 AM
If you have a mom and pop type rental store, at least where I live they have had plenty of games where you get the special controller with the game for a fee on top of the regular rental fee. I'd imagine the place near me would probably get this one.

Hugh_Jass
05-30-2002, 02:34 PM
Sweet! I was dreading the price as other rumors predicted it would cost about $400. $160 ... I'm there, baby!

Tkf5000
05-30-2002, 04:38 PM
160$ complete with controller, not bad. Once u beat the game u get extra levels\maps,mechs,weapons,etc. If this game lasts at least 15 hours for an average gamer thats not bad. But i doubt the average gamer will play that long or even buy steel batalion. I have played games some people only played for like 16 hours that i have played like over a 50,actually probly way more than that(that game is halo).