PDA

View Full Version : Is Jedi Starfighter really any different?

CALzinger
05-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I have seen the gameplay of StarWars Starfighter SE and it seemed to run smoothly, but pretty low gameplay. The ratings scored sort of toward the down side. Now I really want a StarWars game because I am a fan of it. While I was walking along, I saw Jedi Starfighter outside of a store. It looked pretty cool with all the ads showing force powers and that type of stuff. Luckily, the following day, I received the demo for Jedi Starfighter in the OXM July Issue Demo Disc. I played it, and so far I am hooked, then again, demos dont really explain too much. My question is:

Is Star Wars Jedi Starfighter very much different from Star Wars Starfighter SE to make Jedi Starfighter worth buying?
Is Jedi Starfighter worth the money?
Is Jedi Starfighter really good?
Is Jedi Starfighter a game that gets you hooked?

Opinions on this game are appreciated.
Thanks in Advance...

Pe/\ce Ol_lT

Uchiha Sasuke
05-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Lets see.Different story which is loosely baised on episode 2.Minor graphical enhancements.Two player cooperative mode all through the game.Hidden items that can be unlocked throughout the game.Thats pretty much it.But truthfully if you were considering buying this game i'd say you should pass.If you want a great star wars flight game get rouge squadron for GC

Kooster
05-29-2002, 10:38 PM
I like SW games too! Have u played JKII for the PC? Its cool!

sinizuh
05-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Jedi Starfighter isn't much "newer" than the first one

Kooster
05-29-2002, 10:53 PM
yeah. i didnt get this game because i dont like flying games. im waiting for KOTOR and galaxies.

CALzinger
05-30-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
Lets see.Different story which is loosely baised on episode 2.Minor graphical enhancements.Two player cooperative mode all through the game.Hidden items that can be unlocked throughout the game.Thats pretty much it.But truthfully if you were considering buying this game i'd say you should pass.If you want a great star wars flight game get rouge squadron for GC

well if i had a gc, id probably buy it

CALzinger
05-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657

JEDI KNIGHT 2 OWNZ!!!
KOTOR WILL BE EVEN BETTER!

robnyack
05-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Rouge Leader looks good, gameplay is real good. Music is pathetic....cheap-ass cheesy game synth music. As an xbox owner, I thought I would never hear that kind of cheap crap game music ever again.

The game feels so dated. It's all about the first star wars. I mean, having film clips of a Luke, Hans, Obi Wan and Princess Leia just doesn't cut it. They couldn't have updated the storyline at all?

Veno
05-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
You play it too? I'm hooked on it. Believe it or not but I haven't played xbox in 2 weeks because of it. I love the mandalorian skins. The jango, boba, and the blood red and black one with the cape are really awesome skins. The new darth vader one is okay. I still think the cape is messed up on the lower part of it. I still love his taunt heh. The mace windu skin sorta sucks in my opinion though. Not detailed at all. I'm obsessed with dueling in the pro servers, darkside servers, www.darkstats.com .

Veno
05-30-2002, 09:37 PM
I'm not gonna beable to play the xbox version, I'll miss all the great mods and skins and models and maps. The original version without the patch and all the new stuff would get boring fast.

OEM Alien
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger

JEDI KNIGHT 2 OWNZ!!!
KOTOR WILL BE EVEN BETTER! HAHAHAHA! HELL YEAH! :cool:

CALzinger
06-02-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Veno

You play it too? I'm hooked on it. Believe it or not but I haven't played xbox in 2 weeks because of it. I love the mandalorian skins. The jango, boba, and the blood red and black one with the cape are really awesome skins. The new darth vader one is okay. I still think the cape is messed up on the lower part of it. I still love his taunt heh. The mace windu skin sorta sucks in my opinion though. Not detailed at all. I'm obsessed with dueling in the pro servers, darkside servers, www.darkstats.com .

good enough to take u away from ur xbox?
the game is great, but not good enough to take me away from my xbox