PDA

View Full Version : Sold another XBOX this weekend!

mercsix
05-29-2002, 07:31 PM
We had some friends over this weekend to cookout and of course I had to show off my XBox just for a minute or two. My wife came home today and said one of the girls at work, who was over this weekend with her husband, bought an XBOX for her husband for his B-Day today because he was so impressed with mine. That makes 4 not counting the 4 I gave away at Xmas. Gotta pimp the XBOX. Anybody else sold any?

squid413
05-29-2002, 07:34 PM
nice mercsix nice. I haven't sold any but i do know someone who sold their PS2 to get an XBOX.:D

CodeMonkey
05-29-2002, 07:36 PM
I have sold a few at work. u get some peeps in asking for a Ps2, but i enlighten them, and put them on the true path of the xbox...

dave_m123
05-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Helped pursuaded a couple of people :). They were happy with their purchase :)

Xtopia
05-29-2002, 08:43 PM
My cousin, and a new member of XBA (Whoopage) is getting an Xbox...thanks to me!:cool: :D :) ;)

Highlite23
05-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Gotta keep the public informes and in AWE!!!!!!!! Good Job!

Slacker
05-30-2002, 12:14 AM
I feel like an Xbox priest , I've converted 6 so far three in one day hanging out in Best buy, The sales clerks were at first annoyed But they thought the Xbox was exactly like Ps2 or Gamecube!! , so I set them straight , so I don't know how many more were sold because of my teaching them , I even suggested a board with all three specs so the customer could compare , all three at once , I called it a "pros and Cons Board" ....the sales clerks thought it would be cool, but I thought they had something sorta like it already....or at least should, any way

the other was to my brother, that was an easy sell beause whatever I buy or collect he does also, the other two were to friends one friend was easy My last convert was harder because He is a Nintendo Fanboy from the utter depths of Hell, He wanted to buy Gamecube just for metroid prime , and Zelda but I showed him my copy of last weeks extended play and he saw the Graphics for Zelda, he had a frown and then said ....Im getting an xbox!!

heheheheh...so nintendo sold that xbox really,,,Thanks Nintendo!!

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 01:25 AM
I work part-time at an Electronics Retailer (thanks to the economy) and I had this customer call in tonight asking if he can return an unopened XBox without a receipt. I asked him why the hell would he want to trade in his XBox? He said that he got it as a gift but really wanted a PoS2 instead.

I, then, asked him if he knew anything about the XBox. He replied by saying "no". I then proceeded to tell him about it and he couldn't believe what he was hearing! Here he had at his home the best gaming console to ever hit the consumer marketplace and didn't know it!!!

He said that he's going to keep it and the first game he is going to buy is Halo. He never even heard of it!!! :rolleyes:

Man, he picked the wrong dude to ask if he could return an XBox!!! :D

Kraft
05-30-2002, 01:26 AM
Way to go, max. You sure are up awefully late for a man with a job :) I talked 9 of my friends into getting them within a week after I got it. Actually, it required no talking. They just played it.

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Way to go, max. You sure are up awefully late for a man with a job :) I talked 9 of my friends into getting them within a week after I got it. Actually, it required no talking. They just played it.

Dude, just playing the XBox is all it takes...the idiot I had on the phone didn't even pull his out of the box! But, then again, he didn't even own a game yet....I tell you, some people are just plain idiots! :(

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

....I tell you, some people are just plain idiots! :(

i hope GTA3 is coming out next week, duh uh.....:eek:

oops wrong thread........;)

sorry, i was hungry, needed some "spam"

Felon
05-30-2002, 01:55 AM
I was gonna go PS2 til I played Halo on my friends box....needless to say I went with the box. Perhaps Max isnt up late....hell i'm at work now. Its 1:54am here....this is like 10am for me.

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 02:02 AM
maxy lives in seattle and that makes it round midnite for him, thats not too late for a grown man, me on the other hand have insomnia and its 3 am, i'm up downloading movies so i thought i'd drop in and up my spam.....err.......post count:D

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Felon
I was gonna go PS2 til I played Halo on my friends box....needless to say I went with the box. Perhaps Max isnt up late....hell i'm at work now. Its 1:54am here....this is like 10am for me.

The clock just struck midnight here...I'm going to hit the sack soon. So, you work the nightshift? I have to be up in about 6 1/2 hours to be at work again. :)

GokuX
05-30-2002, 02:09 AM
Well with summer in full gear my friends will be on the Xbox a lot more. One is already wanting to purchase one after playing some extended sessions of 4 player Rallisport.

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Well with summer in full gear my friends will be on the Xbox a lot more. One is already wanting to purchase one after playing some extended sessions of 4 player Rallisport.

Oh man...some of the best times I've had with my buddies, setting Halo aside for a moment, was playing 4-player Rallisport!

By the way, when you and your friends played Rallisport, were you guys yelling off the top of your lungs and laughing your asses off? Man, we must have done that the entire time!! hehe...could have been the beer, too, though :D

As you know, I'm a die hard fan of RSC...it's arguably the best racer I've ever played and I've played a lot of them :)

Felon
05-30-2002, 02:13 AM
I'm an engineer at an ABC affiliate....my shift sucks...it goes
12a-8a for a few days then switches to 8a-4p. I plan on quitting my job soon lol.

GokuX
05-30-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

Oh man...some of the best times I've had with my buddies, setting Halo aside for a moment, was playing 4-player Rallisport!

By the way, when you and your friends played Rallisport, were you guys yelling off the top of your lungs and laughing your asses off? Man, we must have done that the entire time!! hehe...could have been the beer, too, though :D

As you know, I'm a die hard fan of RSC...it's arguably the best racer I've ever played and I've played a lot of them :)

U described our experience to a tee. We don't drink, well except Coke and unfortunately Pepsi when I allow it in my home, so I can definitely rule out the beer as the root of the fun. It's definitely Rallisport's excellent 4 player action.

UnitedKingdom
05-30-2002, 04:31 AM
Two friends (one a ps2 owner) are getting xbox's after playing Halo, ISS 2 and FIFA 2002, another friend is getting one coz he loves project gotham racing.

They all just needed a little push... and an ass kicking on halo!

Rochey69r
05-30-2002, 06:31 AM
hmmm lets see....

kayd y friend was gonna buy a cube and i told him to get an xbox.

when the price dropped he got the xbox instead of the cube.

mark my friend saw mine now is saving desperately for an xbox.

oni my friend loves playing halo link up with me and kayd but dosnt wanna fork out the money for one.

recons he wouldnt use it enuff.

a lady from USA asked me what she should buy her husband a ps2 or xbox?

i dont think i need to tell you what i told her.

my cousins love playing my xbox so now there dad has put one away for christmas!!

thats 4 when my mate mark gets his!

OppiumNitrates
05-30-2002, 10:52 AM
My frineds play my xbox all the time and one day my one frined Dave calls me and and is like guess what i just bought . . . i was like i dunno a shotgun???. . .hes like naw an xbox i had too . . . you had to?? was it Halo?? . . . . yup

another got one of my friends got his right after the price drop and he sold me on the type S controller . .man i dig that thing