PDA

View Full Version : (WSB2k3) First game without Pitching Cursor

Bakeman
05-30-2002, 12:35 AM
Anyways I turned off the pitching cursor to give it a shot..
Allstar difficulty level..

I started up an exhibition game..

I picked the Yankees (me) vs. Rockies

I lost the game 4 to 3, in the 23rd!!! Innning!!!!

COL scored 2 in the 1st, 1 in the 5th, and 1 in the 23rd
NYY scored 3 in the 5th

3 guys on the Rockies had 10 AB's and the rest had 9 AB's

My team had two guys with 8 AB's and the rest had 9 AB's

COL had 16 hits.
I had 12 hits

I had 31 SO's :(

COL only had 11

Ventura was my hero hitting a 3 run homer in the 5th..
Ventura was 3 for 9 AB's

Christianson, and Giambi were 2 for 9
Johnson was 0 for 8
everyone else was either 1 for 8 or 1 for 9 :(

What really gets me is Hampton (COL starting Pitcher) Pitched 20 INNINGS!!!!!!!! and had 27 SO's!

Anyways, that was one crazy game.. I had some nice D going for a while.. lot of my 2nd baseman diving to save the single and threw on his knees to get them out at 1st.

That was a crazy game, just thought I'd share..

heelfan71
05-30-2002, 07:19 AM
Yikes! 20 innings pitched? You must hit like me (swing at every pitch and rarely take a pitch). I have been trying to take the first pitch everytime, and if the comuter throws a ball, I will take the second. IT seems to help lower the stamina of the computer pitchers.

robnyack
06-01-2002, 11:49 AM
one of my complaints with the game.....starting pitchers last too long. Most games I play, I could take my starting pitcher the entire 9 innings. I choose not to, because it's ridiculous, but I could if I wanted to.

JADE8704
06-01-2002, 02:38 PM
is this game worth buying? because im either going to get this, morrowind, or hunter: the reckoning

Muabdi'b
06-02-2002, 03:28 AM
If you like baseball, this game is a must have. WSB is without argument, the best baseball game for a console. Not perfect but a total quality package.

heelfan71
06-02-2002, 09:20 AM
IF you take allot of pitches, it will fatique the computer pitcher faster. I had 4 walks in one game!! That is a record for me. Usually I get 1 maybe 2 per game. Also when you are pitching, if you have the pitching cursor off and you work the corners, you will throw more balls and that will help your pitcher fatique be more realistic.

robnyack
06-02-2002, 10:46 AM
heel,

IF you take allot of pitches, it will fatique the computer pitcher faster. I had 4 walks in one game!! That is a record for me. Usually I get 1 maybe 2 per game. Also when you are pitching, if you have the pitching cursor off and you work the corners, you will throw more balls and that will help your pitcher fatique be more realistic.

all true.....to a minor degree. The plain truth is though, you can take your starters way too far into the game than realism says you should be able to. If I get to the 5th inning with my starter and he has been battered and bruised for those 5 innings, he should be close to finished. In most cases, that is just not the case. And on the flip side, yes, you want to try and work the cpu pitcher and make him throw more pitches, but the end result still does not reflect reality. Starting pitchers stamina is just to high.

One other gripe about pitching. The game does not announce pitching changes!!!!!! I am going agaisnt Pedro Martinez expecting 90+mph fasballs and then all of a sudden it's Wakefield out there unannounced, throwing his 60mph crap. I've never seen a game not announce piutching changes. It's those little inexcusable things that keep me from totally embracing this game.

CharlieHustle
06-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Well, today i played with matt morris and i only gave up like 4 hits(2 went yard) to the orioles, and he was tired as hell by the 5th inning. I was well over 100 pitches by the 6th or the seventh, so to me it seemed realistic. Thier starting pitcher (eckersley or erickson) i cant remember his name, but he lasted the whole game. I swung at everything(my second time playin) and he had about 8k's against me. I liked this game because it wasnt a slug fest or too acradey to me. pure baseball. i need to get used to the strike zone pitchin and battin. my only gripe is why isnt there a cutoff man button, all these buttons on this damn controller, and they couldnt assign one??i im gonna have a lotta fun and break a lotta controllers with this game.