PDA

View Full Version : MOTO GP online !!!!!!!!!

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 01:26 AM
as the subject gives the thread away, i wanted to comment on the new system link game out for xbox...........:D

moto gp online is just insane, i played it on xbconnect and it only allows u to play with 2 seperate boxes, which is fun, but they are working on gettin up to 4+ in a game:eek:

so i went to gamespy to play it and found laggy results, i was just curious if anyone had this game and had tried it out online;)

ps......the option to customize ur own bike and race against friends is alot more fun than i thought at first, also this game allows u to rename ur xbox:cool:

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 01:42 AM
Moto GP just came out at the electronics retailer that I work part-time at. Is it a bad ass game? It seems cool, but, in your opinion, is it a must buy? :confused:

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Moto GP just came out at the electronics retailer that I work part-time at. Is it a bad ass game? It seems cool, but, in your opinion, is it a must buy? :confused:

personally, i always play a game b4 i buy it, unless its a sure thing.......
so i rented moto gp and started the "training" process, u make ur own bike, choose colors, start practicing basic controls, its fun to learn the game and progress from the ground up(all the while listening to ur own soundtrack):eek:

then u can take ur NEW bike and race against other people's creation, its just more gratifying to whip up on other people with a bike u enhanced;)

u can start on the circuit and it unlocks more maps to race on multiplayer as well as give u much needed advancement points to enhance ur bike (cornering, acceleration, top speed, braking)

all in all, i am completely happy with the game, i will end up buying it, the replay is like halo to me, with its online feature:eek:

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace

personally, i always play a game b4 i buy it, unless its a sure thing.......
so i rented moto gp and started the "training" process, u make ur own bike, choose colors, start practicing basic controls, its fun to learn the game and progress from the ground up(all the while listening to ur own soundtrack):eek:

then u can take ur NEW bike and race against other people's creation, its just more gratifying to whip up on other people with a bike u enhanced;)

u can start on the circuit and it unlocks more maps to race on multiplayer as well as give u much needed advancement points to enhance ur bike (cornering, acceleration, top speed, braking)

all in all, i am completely happy with the game, i will end up buying it, the replay is like halo to me, with its online feature:eek:

Sounds cool...I will consider renting it first. By the way, what is the name of your XBox now? Got tired of Wilshire, huh? :D BWAHAHAHHAA!!

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 02:04 AM

Sounds cool...I will consider renting it first. By the way, what is the name of your XBox now? Got tired of Wilshire, huh? :D BWAHAHAHHAA!!

:) i renamed it -silver- :)

i'm finally rid of my wilshire-ness

I HAVE EXORCISED THE DEMONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 02:05 AM

:) i renamed it -silver- :)

i'm finally rid of my wilshire-ness

I HAVE EXORCISED THE DEMONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, dude...yeah, you really hated that Wilshire name! lol

Mine is still "The Bear" and I'll be changing it soon when I rent Moto GP...I mean, just because the game is system link makes it appealing...besides, I'm a huge fan of sport bikes...I NEEEEED one! :D

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 02:07 AM

Cool, dude...yeah, you really hated that Wilshire name! lol

Mine is still "The Bear" and I'll be changing it soon when I rent Moto GP...I mean, just because the game is system link makes it appealing...besides, I'm a huge fan of sport bikes...I NEEEEED one! :D

to change it, all u have to do is start a profile, the name u choose will become ur box name, u don't need to beat anything or get out of a castle dungeon with a wizard key(simpsons)

now, no more friendly banter, i want my thread to see 2morrow, i don't have much success with popular threads:rolleyes:

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 02:11 AM
How is the gameplay? And, do the bikes move too fast (ie: Cel Damage). Also, are there other tracks that are not reminscient to a Nascar track? I'm assuming there are, but, do you have an idea how many tracks there are? Also, about how many bikes and riders are available?

I'm seriously considering renting this game and, if I like it, I may buy it. System Link and on-line gaming via XBConnect is bad ass!

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 11:57 AM
after playin well into the nite, i found out that there are alot of tracks, because u have the option to reverse the track automatically doubleing the amount u started with, this game is absolutely amazing, i have my bike almost maxed out and the controls are sweet now..............i can't wait to play peeps online with my badass moto:eek:

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 01:02 PM
Sounds cool...I'm looking forward to renting Moto GP to see if I like it. By the sounds of it, it could be a solid game. And, I must hand it to them for adding both the music playback and the system link options to it. That in itself seperates Moto GP with many other games. Besides, I'm a huge fan of sport bikes and I love racing games.

What do you think of this game graphically? How would you compare it to the brilliant visuals of Project Gotham Racing? Just curious (Yes, I know they are cars and not sport bikes in PGR, however, it still is racing).

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 01:52 PM
the replays kick PGR's a$$, its smooth and very realistic, in game u have 4 different options of view, the 1st person perspective totally immerses u into the game, i can't put this mofo down.....:eek:

rent it, and create your own bike and race someone online, then tell me what u think, its WORTH RENTING :eek: :eek:

ps.....it doesn't need as much bandwidth as Halo to play, so we could play 1v1 with no lag, its smooth as hell when u join:cool:

Msterrrr
05-30-2002, 04:21 PM
hey look me up im xracer at gamespy and xbconnect

halo is now collecting dust,, moto GP rocks online we just need more fast people!!

gamespy i can run 3 people at once without a hitch

graphics are right one par with rallisport and pgr Max
the rider looks life like moving around on the bike i'd rate this game higher than PGR and Rallisport myself
u watch we got a sleeper hit on our hands plus its exclusive to xbox:D :D

OppiumNitrates
05-30-2002, 04:26 PM
i always cracked a smile when wilshire showed up on my TV . . . .

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
hey look me up im xracer at gamespy and xbconnect

halo is now collecting dust,, moto GP rocks online we just need more fast people!!

gamespy i can run 3 people at once without a hitch

graphics are right one par with rallisport and pgr Max
the rider looks life like moving around on the bike i'd rate this game higher than PGR and Rallisport myself
u watch we got a sleeper hit on our hands plus its exclusive to xbox:D :D

Damn....I'm loving additional feedback! Would you say that Moto GP is a must buy at this point? The reason why I ask is because I'm a HUGE fan of Rallisport Challenge and I also really enjoy PGR (though, PGR is definately second place to Rallisport Challenge, in my opinion). The fact that this can be played on-line is bad ass and definately would tie me over the summer until XBox Live comes out.

I just think it's bad ass that it's System Link compatible and you can listen to your own music. That's awesome! Which brings me to another question: What happens when you play someone on-line in regards to the music? Do you get to listen to your music or the music that the host has picked? The main reason why I ask is because this is the first game where music playback and system link capability is on one game (excluding Tony Hawk which I haven't had a chance to play yet).

Snoopy7548
05-30-2002, 04:55 PM
i think that motogp isnt worth buying. but it would probly be a really good rental. i played the demo, and it wasnt as good as i expected. the engine sounds are pretty weak, and it gets boring after a while. also, the graphics are good. the pavement really looks awesome, and the bikes and characters are really good too.

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 04:58 PM
ur judging this game by a demo:rolleyes:

max, u can listen to whatever music u want, regardless of what the host is listening to, and u can host as well, u don't need a great deal of upload to host 2 other people.............

and yes, the game is badass:eek:

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 05:01 PM
ur judging this game by a demo:rolleyes:

max, u can listen to whatever music u want, regardless of what the host is listening to, and u can host as well, u don't need a great deal of upload to host 2 other people.............

and yes, the game is badass:eek:

Bad ass enough to buy? (Based on your personal feelings for the game, of course)

silvertrace
05-30-2002, 05:03 PM

Bad ass enough to buy? (Based on your personal feelings for the game, of course)

with the chance of a moto team ladder possibly made up of custom made bikes from all the peeps on xbc, i'd say hell yeah

i rented it and fell in love, i actually took halo out of my xbox

*SILVER GASPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rent it, and decide for yourself, the create a bike and online features put me over the top though:eek: