PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind, This Is Scary!

AppoX
05-30-2002, 10:08 AM
This is the thing that I am most worried about with Morrowind. GTA3 was released in the USA for the PC in early May. It is just being released at future shop in Ontario on June 1st. Morrowind will hopefully be released in the USA first week on June. (maybe 2nd, or later.) Does this mean that I and the rest of Canada will have to wait almost an extra month for it to be released here?

RadRider
05-30-2002, 10:26 AM
Probably not. Morrowind for PC was released ... let's just say April 15th for the sake of argument. (It may or may not have been that date) Well, I went to futureshop and got it on the 18th. So, you're going to have to wait probably an extra day or two, but definitely not a whole month. Well, I also live in Alberta, not Ontario, so maybe you guys will get stiffed.
Do game companies have to translate manuals to french for ontario too? If so, expect a month-long wait before you can get your hands on the game.

AppoX
05-30-2002, 02:24 PM
no, they do not translate the manuals for games, well for xbox atleast, in ontario. so should i only expect a few extra day wait? plus i live in southern ontario so we should get it relativly quickly.
btw, i lived in Calgary for 2 years. where in AB u from?

RadRider
05-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Calgary!
Yeah, it should probably just be a couple days wait. Actually, there shouldn't be any wait at all; if you go to EB, you can probably get it the day after it ships. But, most stores like Futureshop, Compusmart, etc., don't get it in for a few days because their suppliers are slow.

AppoX
05-30-2002, 03:07 PM
where u live in Calgary, i was from SW, the neighbourhood was called Canyon Meadows i think.

when do moive stores such as blockbuster get the game in usually?

RadRider
05-30-2002, 03:11 PM
Blockbuster is highly unreliable. Some games like Azurik (probably the worst game) they'll get on the release date, and get in like 10 copies of it. Other times with games like.. say, Halo, they'll get it in two weeks late and only get like 3 copies. So, it's pretty hard to say.

I live in NW Calgary, Ranchlands to be exact. Canynon Meadows sounds familiar, but I can't say that I've been there before. I'm going to Mount Royal College in the SW though! Yippee for me! I'm in the worst college I could ever imagine going to! :)

Tkf5000
05-30-2002, 03:42 PM
check out my thread in the new releases section called official morrowind release date.

Calve
05-30-2002, 06:39 PM
hey fellow canadians:)

well Eb told me that morrowind will be in june 6.... to the best of my knowledge thats 2 days after the american shipping date....no worries my friend!!!:)

Peace