PDA

View Full Version : So who won E3.... well find out!!

faceoff508
05-30-2002, 02:17 PM
IGN (I know, I know) said that the Gamecube won. And I agree, the Xbox games that are coming out very cool, but not many are exclusives! On the other hand Gamecube has TONS of excluisives, unlike the Xbox and PS2. Many people of the Press also agree, almost every GAME magizine or website says so!! And I also agree if you want to know why Gamecube won look here: http://cube.ign.com/articles/361/361031p1.html

JJaX
05-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Cool, Now i gotta get a gamecube so i can get the exclusive Chin-pokemon saga!!!

Sweet!!!!

CoMATOSE
05-30-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Cool, Now i gotta get a gamecube so i can get the exclusive Chin-pokemon saga!!!

Sweet!!!!

yeah can't wait to play that pika-rat thing...... oh and don't forget powerpuff zelda!

LynxFX
05-30-2002, 02:27 PM
This thread is in the E3 discussions but anyway...

I heard that Nintendo had the worst presentations of any console maker there with the least amount of fanfare as well.

BTW, how does one 'win' E3? I thought it was a place to show off new games and hardware.

faceoff508
05-30-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
This thread is in the E3 discussions but anyway...

I heard that Nintendo had the worst presentations of any console maker there with the least amount of fanfare as well.

BTW, how does one 'win' E3? I thought it was a place to show off new games and hardware.

The article says the platform with the most Exclusives, or better games!!

Kraft
05-30-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Funny, I heard it was sony. All they did was show a laggy online game and bash the other systems to try to hype theirs up. Sub par.

JADE8704
05-30-2002, 02:50 PM
um...they have that for the xbox and pos2 too....its only "the best of" each platform...it doesn't mean gamecube won...i could give u a link to the "best of" xbox games and pos2 games @ e3, but im too lazy so you'll have to take my word for it

faceoff508
05-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
um...they have that for the xbox and pos2 too....its only "the best of" each platform...it doesn't mean gamecube won...i could give u a link to the "best of" xbox games and pos2 games @ e3, but im too lazy so you'll have to take my word for it

I KNOW, BUT DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE:

The Electronics Entertainment Expo 2002 has come and gone, and with it our first detailed glimpses at some of the software that will be wowing gamers this holiday season and beyond. Nintendo was predictably a force to be reckoned with, coming to the show with the motto 'Game Giants' and pointing to such popular franchise sequels as Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda and Star Fox Adventures.
The cast of AAA stars was complemented beautifully by a host of excellent third-party software from such contributors as Electronic Arts, with James Bond 007 NightFire, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Eidos with TimeSplitters 2. Namco previewed the next in its Pac-Man series and Capcom was on board with the hugely anticipated Resident Evil 0, one of the prettiest titles on the floor.

If there were any disappointments on the Nintendo side, it's that there were no real surprises. Sure enough, the company unveiled 1080 White Storm in video form, and finally named its developer officially as Seattle-based NST. Also, Wario World made its debut to pleased players. But informed readers already knew about these offerings, and there was no big secret waiting in the wings.

All in all though, E3 2002 was one of Nintendo's best and most powerful showings yet. As proof, the majority of critics would agree that the event belonged to GameCube. And so, without further hesitation, read what most impressed the die-hard Nintendo-centric.

Please note that the following nominees and winners were chosen after specifically playing the GameCube versions of each product on the E3 2002 show floor. By our guidelines, if a particular title was not playable for Nintendo's next-generation console, it was automatically disqualified as a potential award winner.

wweomaniac
05-30-2002, 02:56 PM
wow... you chose the same two pictures as me in your sig.

OppiumNitrates
05-30-2002, 02:57 PM
i read on a PS@ site that PS2 won . . .

and i read on a GameCube site that they won . . .

but I dont think any of the 3 conslues really won . . . cauz I won at E3 . . .and thats cauz i heard about alot of cool ***** coming out for Xbox . . .

JADE8704
05-30-2002, 02:58 PM
that article doesn't really say anything but "samus, mario, and zelda were a hit at e3"

If there were any disappointments on the Nintendo side, it's that there were no real surprises.

how could nintendo win w/ a couple of xclusive games? no stable plan of online gaming, no NEW and INNOVATIVE games were shown also....

Please note that the following nominees and winners were chosen after specifically playing the GameCube versions of each product on the E3 2002 show floor.

'nuff said.

faceoff508
05-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

I didnt choose it!! I told Kraft to suprise me and he made this.

faceoff508
05-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

All in all though, E3 2002 was one of Nintendo's best and most powerful showings yet. As proof, the majority of critics would agree that the event belonged to GameCube. And so, without further hesitation, read what most impressed the die-hard Nintendo-centric.

Kraft
05-30-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

yeah, probably because there aren't a lot of sig quality shots from brute force. I narrowed it down to 3 that were usable and one of them looked asthetically stupid in the sig, so I struck it down. I just now noticed how similar the sigs are, though :)

thunderkiss2k1
05-30-2002, 03:12 PM
The fact that it was IGNCube makes me wonder about how unbiased the article could really be. Now if it were Gamespot or another multiplatform site, I might give it a little creedence. Peace.

OppiumNitrates
05-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
The fact that it was IGNCube makes me wonder about how unbiased the article could really be. Now if it were Gamespot or another multiplatform site, I might give it a little creedence. Peace.

i think it was gamespot who said the Cube had worst showing and the Box had most interseting stuff . . . not sure though i know i read it some where

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-30-2002, 03:19 PM
gamespy said we won and i agree because they provided details unlike ign who kept raving abt nintendo's games like mario zelda and whatever .games which no one even cares abt anymore .

OppiumNitrates
05-30-2002, 03:22 PM
hey Proud Xbox Owner y dos the master chief look like he needs to go on a diet in your sig????

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-30-2002, 03:25 PM
i think he looks cool.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
Yep. Cube definetley 'won' E3. I can't wait to get my hands on Animal Forest and collect those Pokemon-Type cards and play with that 10 year old promoting it. Complete with N64-style graphics.
thats a good one...bwa ahahahahahaha

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 03:54 PM
I guess if IGN was basing their decision on the number of exclusive games, then, of course Nintendo would have won under those guidelines. But, let's be reasonable:

Was anyone shocked when they announced a new Mario game? A new Zelda? A new Star Fox? I mean, let's be reasonable here...I could have predicted that two years ago!!! lol :rolleyes:

Now, if there was a new report on who had the most surprises, I would vote XBox HANDS DOWN! :mad:

I mean, who knew that XBox Live was going to be a mere $49.99 which includes 12 entire months of unlimited on-line excellence plus the XBox Communicator plus the rumored game: ReVolt? Up until E3, we all thought that a price tag of $9.99 - 14.99 a month would have invaded our wallets instead! But, NOPE!!! What they presented shocked the industry especially considering for such a small price when they are pouring over $3 BILLION into the network! I mean, that still blows my mind after a couple weeks!

Also, who wasn't in utter "awww" when they saw more on Brute Force, Unreal Championship, Jedi Knights, KOTOR, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden, etc etc etc?!? I'm sorry, but, putting up a washed out Mario up against any of those games is practically comical!!

When I watched the E3 presentation I sat in my desk chair with my jaw resting on my keyboard and my nuckles dragging on the ground while making snort sounds and farting up a storm! :D hehe

The XBox pulled out #1 just for shock value. They had, by far, the most impressive presentation I've ever seen. So far, we've only seen the XBox brush the surface....just wait and see :)

JADE8704
05-30-2002, 03:59 PM
true that, max :cool:

MerimacHamwich
05-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Nobody "wins" E3 becuase it is not a competition. It is a forum for the gaming companies to show off what they have coming in the future to try and get consumers to buy their product. A question relevant to E3 would have been something like: Who was most impressive at E3 or Who got the most publucity for their products at E3 or Which game system got the most attention at E3 etc. It gives the wrong impression of E3 if you say Who won E3. Thats what starts fanboys and the so called system war.

Kraft
05-30-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Nobody "wins" E3 becuase it is not a competition. It is a forum for the gaming companies to show off what they have coming in the future to try and get consumers to buy their product. A question relevant to E3 would have been something like: Who was most impressive at E3 or Who got the most publucity for their products at E3 or Which game system got the most attention at E3 etc. It gives the wrong impression of E3 if you say Who won E3. Thats what starts fanboys and the so called system war.

Actually, that may be true sometimes, but I think we are to a point of 'winning' an e3. Whoever got the most attention at this will get the most 3rd party support for their system. For MS and Nintendo, I think this was a make or break situation. Sony just kinda bombed out... but it doesn't really matter because they are all profit right now anyways.

By microsoft 'winning' the attention of e3 and everyone watching it, MS has secured more people buying xboxs, gotten more developers interested in the box, and gotten one step closer to their ultimate goal: assimalating your living room. I think Nintendo impressed everyone that loved nintendo already. Though I have to admit, metroid prime looks tight from a graphics point of view.

l Maximus l
05-30-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

I agree, but, I that was already clear to me as there was no trophies awarded or anything else. Obviously, it's based on individual opinions.

My opinion is that XBox had, by far, the impressive presentation at E3. I believe that surprises is what makes things special and, quite frankly, Nintendo didn't come close. Like I said before, it wasn't a shock that Nintendo introduced a slew of new versions of the same washed up characters: Mario, Luigi, Samus, Link, etc etc etc....

I would say that Sony had a far better presentation than Nintendo. But, Nintendo and Sony combined didn't even come close to the amazing presentation that Microsoft's XBox did. Again, this is all based on my opinion.

DIGITAL
05-30-2002, 04:14 PM
they have the same article with the xbox ,faceoff i think you were a little cunfused when you posted this thread those articles on ign are the best from every system at a e3 an no where does it declare a winner,see http://xbox.ign.com/articles/361/361064p1.html http://ps2.ign.com/articles/361/361060p1.html

faceoff508
05-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
they have the same article with the xbox ,faceoff i think you were a little cunfused when you posted this thread those articles on ign are the best from every system at a e3 an no where does it declare a winner,see http://xbox.ign.com/articles/361/http://ps2.ign.com/articles/361/361060p1.html361064p1.html http://cube.ign.com/articles/361/361031p1.html

God people.... it states in the artice (second to last paragraph) that Gamecube ruled the show... did you see that on the Xbox article................NO!!!

DIGITAL
05-30-2002, 04:20 PM
yeah i was blown away by mario sunshine :D not