PDA

View Full Version : DOOM III to be sweeter than the e3 coverage let us to believe



Bundy
05-30-2002, 05:22 PM
carmack said they ran the demo on medium quaility instead of high.. crazy

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/20717

wweomaniac
05-30-2002, 05:31 PM
carmack also said he didn't want this game to come out on consoles... and it isnt.

Bundy
05-30-2002, 05:34 PM
where did you see that at?

LynxFX
05-30-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
carmack also said he didn't want this game to come out on consoles... and it isnt.

When he sees that no one buys it because only a select few have the hardware capable of running his game then I think he would change his mind.

As much as I want to root and cheer for this game, I'm starting to think Carmack is digging himself into a hole and taking DIII with him. :(

Hugh_Jass
05-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx


When he sees that no one buys it because only a select few have the hardware capable of running his game then I think he would change his mind.

As much as I want to root and cheer for this game, I'm starting to think Carmack is digging himself into a hole and taking DIII with him. :(

Carmack always rides the bleeding edge. His game engines are used for years after the initial release. I think enough people have the right gear to play Doom 3. Nvidia had record sales last quarter. True, 25% of them were to MS/XBOX but that means the other 75% was probably largely GeForce 3 & 4 cards for the masses.

LynxFX
05-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Carmack definately programs for the bleeding edge and that is good. The only thing is he had it planned for the bleeding edge of the GF3. Now he is saying the next gen after the GF4? :rolleyes: And that would only be if it came this year. I just keep getting the feeling like he sees the new hardware coming every 6 months and keeps wanting to use the features so he tweeks and tweeks and rebuilds. It is an endless cycle and Doom III is already pushed back for a 2003 release.

GokuX
05-31-2002, 04:31 AM
Maybe it will vanish like Team Fortress 2 did.

Hermes
05-31-2002, 07:27 AM
Who cares about a lackluster single-player game that only has graphics going for it. There are way too many PC and console games that will get my attention before this over-rated hunk of crap does. Carmack can go lick a **** for all I care.

Dre
05-31-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Hermes
Who cares about a lackluster single-player game that only has graphics going for it. There are way too many PC and console games that will get my attention before this over-rated hunk of crap does. Carmack can go lick a **** for all I care.

Well, sure thing skippy! But really, this game looks like its going to be fantastic single-player... just that E3 vid had quite a few places where I would have the ol heart pumping faster than a teenager on his first time. Plus its Doom.. I grew up on that, so did hundreds of thousands (millions?) others, so it better live up to its hype or I'll BFG Carmack :)

JJaX
05-31-2002, 08:55 AM
Its freakin DOOM man!
DOOOOM!!!!!

If your not upset when it doesnt come to xbox than go home and burn all your FPS games. Cause non of them would even exist if it wasnt for ID. And quite frankly you dont deserve them........

JJaX gets so pumped he punches through a cacodemons eye

DOOM!!!!!

dave_m123
05-31-2002, 08:58 AM
I think this is gonna be the first ID game with a well written and deep storyline. Its not gonna be just a graphics only game and IMO looks to be scarier game with a better plot than resident evil :D which it is most likely to be compared to.