PDA

View Full Version : xbox DOA3 crash! please help!

Genius
05-30-2002, 11:10 PM
My friend got DOA3 and on my xbox it crashes at the title screen without exception. On his, no problem.

Then I got the latest demo CD with a DOA3 demo on it, and that crashes at the title screen also.

No other game crashes on my box but this one ALWAYS does. I'm afraid more games will in the future. What can I do to get my xbox repaired/replaced so I can play this (and whatever other) games??

Thanks!

- Jimmy

DIGITAL
05-30-2002, 11:33 PM
thats weird ,i wouldnt worry its must likely doa3 not your xbox trying cleaning the disc or check your harddrive for any doa3 saves an erase it an try again,an welcome to xba!this site rules

GokuX
05-31-2002, 03:25 AM
Hmm, that's a strange one. You only have controllers connected to your XBox right, no DVD kit plugged in? I'd try renting DOA 3 and see what happens making sure you only have controllers plugged in.

UnitedKingdom
05-31-2002, 05:11 AM
If all this fails you could try totally resetting your xbox, but you lose all your settings and possibly some stuff on the hard disk.
I think you have to call MS customer support, give them your serial number and then they give you a menu input code so you can reset it.

Genius
05-31-2002, 01:11 PM
I tried taking my DVD thing out and trying again, but still no luck...still freezes at the title screen of the demo, just as it did on the full version...you think i should call M$ and reset my HD?

Knight
05-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Genius
I tried taking my DVD thing out and trying again, but still no luck...still freezes at the title screen of the demo, just as it did on the full version...you think i should call M$ and reset my HD?

Does it crash with any other games??

Genius
05-31-2002, 01:25 PM
I just got the number and i'm reformatting now...hopefully that'll solve the problem...it's not so much that i wanna play DOA3, it's more like i wanna know my xbox aint broken!

---------------------------------------------------------

not really...i've had it freeze during a loading screen with project gotham once, and i think during a loading screen with amped it froze once too...for the most part no problems ever...it does however have a hell of a time with the OXM demo disc 7 i just got.

Any more info for me?

Also - what number can I call to get a hold of MS to reset the HD if i'm gonna try that?

Thanks so much