PDA

View Full Version : A few question about WSB 2k3

Bakeman
05-31-2002, 12:56 AM
I haven't noticed if there is a way to throw harder or softer (fielding) I have tried holding down the button, but it doesn't always seem to throw hard. Is there a way for sure to throw harder?

And what about hitting the cutoff man? I read the review in the OXM and it mentions you can throw to the cutoff man, but I have not been able to do so. I read somewhere here on the forums that you just hit "Y" but that doesn't seem to work either.

Also is there a way to climb the wall? I always just dive right into it or run into it.

Thanks for the help! Batter up!

heelfan71
05-31-2002, 05:50 AM
I am not sure about throwing harder in the field. I don't think so. I do know that when you are pitching, if you hold down the pitch button longer, it will throw harder (and it reduces your stamina faster).

If you hig any of the base buttons, it will cut the ball off. But only if there is a guy in position to cut the ball, which isn't all the time. I haven't got the timing down yet, so I after my outfielder lets go of the ball, I just keep mashing one of the base buttons over and over. It's easier to mash the button of the base you want to throw to (after the cutoff).

There are no climbing walls or jumping.

Bakeman
05-31-2002, 06:13 AM
thanks for the info

robnyack
06-02-2002, 08:46 AM
yea, the OXM review talked about different ways of throwing the ball. Said something about taking a step or two and then throwing will make the OF throw the ball extra hard.

As for the cutoff. It's really pathetic that they did not work out on of the most basic fundemantel aparts of the game of baseball. There are many plays in the OF when there is no cutoff man. Kills me. Drives me nuts. However, if you do have a cutoff guy and hit the base you want the cutoff guy to throw to, he will do that. It's really is pretty lame though. It works most the time, but not all the time.

heelfan71
06-02-2002, 09:22 AM
yeah, if you take a couple steps with your outfielder, they will do that hop and then throw (it's called a crow hop I believe).

Muabdi'b
06-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Yes heelfan is right. You can run the player and then throw for a cannon shot. Diving is great.

Sargent_Ryan
06-15-2002, 07:15 PM
I don't see how everyone is saying it is so hard to hit the cutoff. It is easy after I found out how on some other forum. Say if you were throwing home when the ball is in the air tap the 2nd base button and it cuts the ball off and throws to 2nd. I like this better because now you don't automatically throw to the cutoff like other games. It just adds to the game.

Spike Minoda
06-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Hi Sarge. Welcome to the xba forums...

anyway This game just gets more interesting every day... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bakeman
06-15-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Sargent_Ryan
I don't see how everyone is saying it is so hard to hit the cutoff. It is easy after I found out how on some other forum. Say if you were throwing home when the ball is in the air tap the 2nd base button and it cuts the ball off and throws to 2nd. I like this better because now you don't automatically throw to the cutoff like other games. It just adds to the game.

The thing is trying to find out how....

kind sucks that it's not in the instruction book

Thanks for the help guys..

robnyack
06-17-2002, 10:12 PM
I like this better because now you don't automatically throw to the cutoff like other games. It just adds to the game.

holy cow.

I....I....don't know what to say. I think the old saying of "if you can't say something nice, dont say anything at all" applies here.

Sargent_Ryan
06-17-2002, 11:46 PM
Maybe I didn't explain it the way I should have. I mean in real life when people cut the ball off when they shouldn't I get so ****ed off. I'm talking real baseball here. Now when you are throwing to a base sometimes its better to cut it off but sometimes its not. Like would you want your rf throwing to the cutoff everytime to get to 2nd? Of course not. I also meant that it makes the game cooler because if you forget to do it that is a mistake that your opponent can take advantage of. I know I didn't explain myself that well but they should have made it better because if you hit it too late it won't work because the man has to go get in position.

I know this has nothing to do with it but
Does anyone else think the baserunners suck in the game? I mean they hit a double off the wall and I am still at the wall with them having a runner on 3rd and they aren't going home. I couldn't believe it they should definately have a patch for this part of the game when xbox live comes out since this is definately going to be a game on it.

And another thing they messed up was how they scored 1 play yesterday. The computer had bases loaded and they hit a ground ball to my 1st basemen so I ran to 1st touched it threw to 2nd and the ss tagged him out and got the double play but they gave them the run. This run shouldn't have scored because it was in the same play its not like the runner got in a run down and then the runner scored. Like the runner scored and the other one got out at around the same time. But other than these couple things the game is the best baseball game I ever played.