PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 and a female masterchief

jumper
05-31-2002, 11:22 AM
I have no idea if there is any chance of this happening, but if you had the choice to use either the current master chief or a female master chief, which would you choose.

What would be necessary for you to choose a female character.

Unreal has female characters. Why not Halo? It is based on a story but couldn't we stretch it a little?

Just a thought. I personally would not use the female but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Stiffy
05-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Well, I would use a female, but only if developers quit using the stereotypical woman. You know the scenario: They are more agile but have weaker health. I know Hunter is like this. Both women are pretty agile, but are weaker than the men. The biker in the game is stronger, but slower....we've seen this in countless video games. I'd like to see a game where similar characters with different sexes are divided by skills i.e. stealth tactics, weapon use, etc.

ScorpionX
05-31-2002, 12:23 PM
I have no problem with that, they could be married!

Xbox Owner
06-01-2002, 10:08 AM
It just wouldn't work out right. Because in the book "Halo : The Fall of Reach", I believe everyone dies, except John - 117 (Master Chief). So, no. Maybe a sidekick type person would be cool.:)

faceoff508
06-02-2002, 12:41 PM
That would be a cool idea!!

Alien
06-02-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jumper
Why not Halo? It is based on a story but couldn't we stretch it a little? Actually, female characters play a big role in Halo. Cortana, with her messages telling you what to do and describing stuff like the Flood, helps a lot. And so does FoeHammer delivering Warthogs and troops on certain levels when you can get it.

monkeyman
06-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
It just wouldn't work out right. Because in the book "Halo : The Fall of Reach", I believe everyone dies, except John - 117 (Master Chief). So, no. Maybe a sidekick type person would be cool.:)

hey there was a women in it i forgot her name but she was the sniper and all the covenant were shooting at her and mc took her in the longsword and took her back to base or wherever to get her revived if they could so you never know

Xbox Owner
06-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

hey there was a women in it i forgot her name but she was the sniper and all the covenant were shooting at her and mc took her in the longsword and took her back to base or wherever to get her revived if they could so you never know

Yeha. I think her name was kelly...not sure..I thought she died..oh well

monkeyman
06-02-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Yeha. I think her name was kelly...not sure..I thought she died..oh well

she did but he thought they could revive her or whatever

manhole
06-03-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by monkeyman

she did but he thought they could revive her or whatever

You guys are talking about Linda (the sniper). Master Chief put her in a cryo-chamber in hopes of reviving her, but if you follow the story, directly after that the Pillar of Autumn crash lands on Halo. At the end of the game, the Pillar of Autumn is blown up along with the entire planet of Halo, so that means that the cryo-chamber that Linda was stored in was also blown up.

Now Kelly was in charge of the ground forces on REACH. Captain Keyes said that they lost contact with them (they were over-run by Covenant). But no where in the book was it confirmed that the ground forces were killed off. So maybe Kelly and some of the other Spartains made it off REACH with Dr. Halsey and they will re-unite later. All this is not likely, but you never know.

Just wanted to clarify some facts, hope this helped.

Alien
06-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by manhole

You guys are talking about Linda (the sniper). Master Chief put her in a cryo-chamber in hopes of reviving her, but if you follow the story, directly after that the Pillar of Autumn crash lands on Halo. At the end of the game, the Pillar of Autumn is blown up along with the entire planet of Halo, so that means that the cryo-chamber that Linda was stored in was also blown up.

Now Kelly was in charge of the ground forces on REACH. Captain Keyes said that they lost contact with them (they were over-run by Covenant). But no where in the book was it confirmed that the ground forces were killed off. So maybe Kelly and some of the other Spartains made it off REACH with Dr. Halsey and they will re-unite later. All this is not likely, but you never know.

Just wanted to clarify some facts, hope this helped. In the first level, you start out in the place with all the cryo-chambers. If you look around, they are all empty.

manhole
06-03-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by SteelViper
In the first level, you start out in the place with all the cryo-chambers. If you look around, they are all empty.

I am just stating facts from the book. She may have been stored in a different room of cryochambers, afterall, according to the book there are enough cryochambers to store all of the spartains and the captain and then some... I'll have to go back into that part of the game and take a look though :)

Also, there are little pieces of the game that do not follow the book 100% (much like books made into movies). Such as, Cortana was designed specifically for the Master Chief. Cortana had already been placed in the Master Chief's neural implant when they were on REACH, yet at the beginning of the game when the Covenent raid the ship and Captian Keyes inserts Cortana into Master Chief, she makes a quote that his architecture is much like the ship's. Master Chief follows up by saying "don't get any funny ideas". Making it sound like she's never been in there before. Just something that I noticed :rolleyes:

SpartanSniper
06-04-2002, 02:48 AM
Actually Linda could have been placed on a cryo-tube on the Longsword Interceptor......although this fact is VERY doubtful. As for Kelly and the Spartans on Reach, they may have survived. Then we come to the fact that the second generation of Spartans were being created by Dr. Hasley. It's very likely that at least one of these groups of Spartans must have survived. :cool:

~ SpartanSniper

SpartanSniper
06-04-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by manhole

I am just stating facts from the book. She may have been stored in a different room of cryochambers, afterall, according to the book there are enough cryochambers to store all of the spartains and the captain and then some... I'll have to go back into that part of the game and take a look though :)

Also, there are little pieces of the game that do not follow the book 100% (much like books made into movies). Such as, Cortana was designed specifically for the Master Chief. Cortana had already been placed in the Master Chief's neural implant when they were on REACH, yet at the beginning of the game when the Covenent raid the ship and Captian Keyes inserts Cortana into Master Chief, she makes a quote that his architecture is much like the ship's. Master Chief follows up by saying "don't get any funny ideas". Making it sound like she's never been in there before. Just something that I noticed :rolleyes:

Actually Master Chief and Cortana had a relationship like that from the start so it would almost figure that they would talk like that. :cool:

~ SpartanSniper

SquadLeader
05-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Did any of you read all the books! Ok if you read "The First Strike" you find that Linda (sniper) is alive and in the same state we left her. So doctor Hasly comes and fixes her up and she is good as new. Fred, Kelly, Will, Grase, and a bunch of other spartens survived reach only to be killed in space. Then they enter the Unyelding Hydrophant and we loose Grase there. In the end John, Fred, Linda, and Will are left on the ship heading for Earth. Keilly on the other hand has been Kidnaped by Doctor Hasly and taken some where unknow to anyone...

In conclusion there are still 2 female spartens out there, but the only defference would be the voice.....all spartains are trained to act the same way in combat situations, and all forms of Mjolrn Armor look the same so it wouldnt make a difference.:rolleyes:

CarGuy
05-12-2006, 06:17 AM
Did any of you read all the books! Ok if you read "The First Strike" you find that Linda (sniper) is alive and in the same state we left her. So doctor Hasly comes and fixes her up and she is good as new. Fred, Kelly, Will, Grase, and a bunch of other spartens survived reach only to be killed in space. Then they enter the Unyelding Hydrophant and we loose Grase there. In the end John, Fred, Linda, and Will are left on the ship heading for Earth. Keilly on the other hand has been Kidnaped by Doctor Hasly and taken some where unknow to anyone...

In conclusion there are still 2 female spartens out there, but the only defference would be the voice.....all spartains are trained to act the same way in combat situations, and all forms of Mjolrn Armor look the same so it wouldnt make a difference.:rolleyes:

Dude the post is four years old!! :sleeping:

ll Mista GT ll
05-12-2006, 06:37 AM
Bahahahah! And I though bumping the XBA Awards thread a year a go was bad! :p :rofl:

vman
05-12-2006, 08:34 AM
wow, this is prolly a bumping record!