PDA

View Full Version : What will be the best XBOX Football Game?

dolphan
10-14-2001, 10:02 AM
I'm a video football nut, & have been playing since 10 yard Fight on Atari. Before that played a hand held with little red minus signs for the players and you had to avoid the other minus signs.

What are your impressions of what you have heard about the 4 main football games for XBOX?

NFL Fever 2002
ESPN Primetime 2002
Madden 2002
NFL 2k2

My thoughts:

Based upon XBOX's Monday Night Football video of NFL Fever at their site, the play by play seems crappy. Slow & a "read from a script" sound with almost no interaction between hosts. NFL2k2 has the best commentary ever.

Has anyone seen any screenshots of the commentators for Primetime or any audio? This one sounds intriguiging but the screen shots of players look cartoonish.

Madden looks good as always, but I am sick of Madden & Summeralls commentary. YAWN.

NFL2k2 is great on Dreamcast can only be better on XBOX.

I love Chris Berman & Tom Jackson on ESPN & would love to see that one be the best, but we'll have to see. Any new info or sites with info on these games would be appreciated.

Your thoughts?

krondek
10-14-2001, 04:04 PM
NFL 2K2 will be the best, no doubt. Madden 2002 on the PS2 has a technological and financial advantage over Visual Concepts NFL 2K2 on the DC and 2K2 is WAY better as far as overall gameplay is concerned.

Fist_Of_God
10-14-2001, 09:18 PM
Well I took a gamble and went with NFL fever. I am not to thrilled by madden but I do enjoy visual concepts NFL series. I figured I would try something new. Here's hoping to a fresh take on football.

cvking
10-14-2001, 09:42 PM
FEVER!, have you seen the gameplay footage!, they kick major ass!...and im tired of paying the same madden and nfl2k's

Fist_Of_God
10-14-2001, 09:47 PM
Fever does look awsome, so far better then both Madden and NFL2k2! And from what I hear the gameplay is fast. I really dont think Microsoft would put up competition against EA and Sega at this point unless they had a very solid product in NFL Fever.

cvking
10-14-2001, 10:17 PM
well it better be better than madden and nfl2k2 or else to the garbage it goes

SquirrelJam
10-15-2001, 04:16 PM
hmmm. The previews of Fever have been very enthusiastic and boast the best graphics experience overall. But...

The best part of Madden, for me, has been something that exists within the PC versions.

If any one has ever played Madden on the PC, you may remember the awesome practice section, where you can create your own plays or edit existing ones. Then, run them over and over in scrimage, altering run routes and patterns of any player until you get the kinks worked out! Huge fun factor and incredible replay value!!

This practice/play creator, is alone, worth the price of this title!

In one overview of Madden, there's a game option claim that there's a Coach's Corner section. Here, the reviewer says it's, "...where the X's and O's of the game, are learned." If this game option is anything like it's PC counterpart, I'll be getting Madden NFL 2002 for sure.

I want Fever to win but I can't ignore "play creating" options, like the one's found in Madden for PC.

Does anyone here know the skinny on this for sure?

Thanks

Bundy
10-15-2001, 05:07 PM
I think Fever will be better than Madden or NFL2k2. Fever seems really sweet.

But I also really loved blitzed on the PSX and can't wait for it to be out on the Xbox. Blitz is a great fast paced game for ****s and giggles.