PDA

View Full Version : TOYS'R'US is taking XBOX pre-orders today

dolphan
10-14-2001, 10:06 AM
Wanted to let everyone know that Toys'R'US is taking pre-order starting today. I think it said you could do it online as well, but also at your local store.

sinizuh
10-14-2001, 02:41 PM
i went yesterday to see what they had...
they had like one poster for gamecube, and 8 xbox boxes ontop of each other beside the PSone and PStwo displays

CyberBOMB
10-15-2001, 07:29 AM
I have it on good authority that if you buy the $500 bundle at Toys R Us you can get a refund for the games you dont want (i.e. tony hawk, project gotham, oddworld) and get credit good towards another game.

DOOM
10-15-2001, 09:27 AM
Great Idea...
That Should Apply For XBOX Bundles at ALL Stores!
EB, SE, TRUS, Wherever!
Get The Bundle & Just Return The Games You Dont Want later...

dimwit
10-15-2001, 05:07 PM
My son went down and preordered the bundle. It was one ticket for each component, so apparently you can return the ones you don't want as long as you don't open it. He also preordered DOA3, but will turn in Project Gotham Racing for Halo.

Also, they only had 16 preorders when the store opened, and my son called before they closed and they still had a couple left. This was the Santa Maria, CA store.

CyberBOMB
10-15-2001, 09:20 PM
It is similar everywhere. In houston texas we had 30 to open but other stores with less demand for it had only 18. We sold out of our Nov. 15 shipment and were giving out tickets for our next shipment which will arrive Dec. 16. The reserve tickets for the games were another thing that was true. There was a rumor that Sam's and Walmart were cut the worst since they have the most stores and arent specialty shops such as Toys R Us. We do have our actual Xbox hardware in but it was either damaged in route or is defective (they rigged the tv and xbox together with a remote or something) So come Thursday i may be able to open and close this mighty beast that so many of us have come to seek out. hehehehe. Oh yeah on a side note i was also able to view the actual box it came in and contrary to popular belief, its not exactly like those fake ones. This one had pictures of the accessories on the side, i noticed that it was inside the general managers office. When i asked about it i was fooled into believing the actual system was inside and i had a brief good vs. evil battle in my mind on whether i should do a "grab and run" **** you concious. **** you!

DOOM
10-15-2001, 10:36 PM
I Have Been To 3 Toys R Us's Here In N.Y. & A Software Ect That Have Their XBOX's Going...
Havnt Herad Anything About Any Damaged systems...
I Havnt Gotten To Play Yet Becouse There Is Always A Huge Crowd! Maby Tomorow!

CyberBOMB
10-15-2001, 10:40 PM
im thinking its a power problem because neither the tv, nor the xbox will turn on, just the green glow.

DOOM
10-15-2001, 10:44 PM
Neva Herrd Of It.
They Worked Fine...
Maby That One You Saw...
They probadly didnt set it up rite.

CyberBOMB
10-17-2001, 11:13 AM
Heh, i work at the R Zone in that Toys R Us.
Im telling you it wasnt working. They were calling out a Rep from Microsoft for help. By the way in my honest opinion Microsoft treats the R Zone people better than Nintendo or Sony. Sony and Nintendo only gave freebies to the World Leaders (R Zone Department Bosses) and not the regular employees. Microsoft rep said he would give us tons of freebies and i told him "you better!" hehehe. Its also the little things i notice too. The Nintendo people werent all high tech, using only cardboard signs and paperwork or a pda type device. The Microsoft guy had metal signs and fake systems and had a pocket pc as well as asking me about sales and demand and what he could bring that would help raise awareness. See what i mean? Its the treatment. Now if toys r us would give us breaks every 2 hours like everyone else has that would be nice. And R Zone employees are not cashiers! Get us out of the register people!