PDA

View Full Version : Please read this post, reply and hopefully help me! *to do with Moto Gp*

wheatus-frog-uk
05-31-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi,

i got 1 small problem with moto gp...... just wanna know if there is any way to sort this, or if my game is dodgy.. or if im being a bit too muhc of a perfectionist! lol

Well neway, i got the game, was playing for a few hours... but wanted to start over so i deleted my old file from the xbox h/d, and went to play again. When i went into certain screens such as the Team Name and Name, where it gives you the choice to type yours in i still had 'Dan' available there *the name i had initially used*. No matter how i try i cannot find a way to stop this from ever appearing. I just basically wanted to facotry reset it *what i thought deleting the Moto Gp file form the system would do. So basically how can i get rid of this, or cant i?

If i can.... how?????

At the minute i have unplugged my xbox and am, hoping that this is something to do with the battery back up, and that over night it will be deleted someway... or has this peice of data been put on the disc in some way?

Alos, similar to this problem, as soon as i got the game, in the areas where i can pick my name *Team name, and name screens* i have had Walla Walla there.... Is this default? have you guys found that you have had this when you go the game? Or has my disc got the error, and somebody once had this game before had 'walla walla' and coz they are having the same prob as me, taking it back to the store and i have bought it?

Well if you could help on how to get rid of my 'Dan' name entry, and give me some info on this 'Walla Walla' that would be great and muchly appricated!

thanks

dan

RadRider
05-31-2002, 02:04 PM
Well, the name you enter becomes your Xbox's online name. You know, when you play Halo over a LAN, it shows the name of all they systems that are joined, plus the name of each player on that system? Well, it appears as though you've renamed your Xbox to Dan, and I don't know how, or if you can change it.

Taranis
05-31-2002, 02:06 PM
:)

I know one thing. Nothing was written to the disc. That's for sure. As for why Dan keeps popping up, are you sure you deleted all of the files that Moto GP created? There may be one that holds user info and another that holds game saves and such.

wheatus-frog-uk
05-31-2002, 02:11 PM
Thanks for your replys!

bout the Xbox name... i dont know if this actually gives you an xbox name... coz on this screen you can add as many or as few ppl as you want... and well.. this is just like once you created it.. your kinda profile for in the game... in a way i hope your wrong... coz i dont wanna name my xbox :( lol

and secondly... i deleted all Moto Gp files from the xbo hd... so i dunno how there could be any more files ???

thanks

dan

Dre
05-31-2002, 02:22 PM
The problem stems from a time-saving feature that some games implement for high-scores. Instead of making a user retype the name all the time, a list of all names entered is kept on the hard-drive separately from game saves. This list is accessible by ANY games that want to use this feature. I know that DoA3 uses this feature and it sounds like MotoGP does as well. As for deleting the names, I don't think thats possible without a complete erase of the Xbox hd.. but then again I might be wrong. You might want to try calling MS support and just asking them if there is a way to delete any old high-score names you have stored on your hd. If there is a way, please post it here as I'm curious to know myself!

Thanks

wheatus-frog-uk
05-31-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I gues i will ring up MS Support as a last resort.. or just deal with it, lol

anybody else got ne ideas about this and maybe how to sort it?

thanks

dan