PDA

View Full Version : My last day

l Maximus l
05-31-2002, 03:56 PM
Well, dudes...today is my last day at my day job. I realize that this is kind of off-topic and I apologize.

With that said, I probably won't be seen around here during the day very much unless it's on the weekend. But, I will try and drop in as much as I can during the evenings on the weekdays.

The reason why I am quiting my job is because of the bad economy. I'm a Business Recruiter and am in the business to get companies to hire people. But, in response, all I see are companies that are laying off people...so, business has been tough.

I start a new job this Monday, June 3rd, and will not be near a computer to drop on in during the day. But, this is not a farewell, it's just a note that I, unfortunately, won't have as much time to drop in nearly as much. I wish it wasn't the case, but, that's life :)

At this very moment, I'm cleaning out my office and heading home.

Ninja Scroll
05-31-2002, 03:58 PM
DEAR GOD!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :(

Snoopy7548
05-31-2002, 04:00 PM
that sucks dude. what is your new job gonna be? i hope your next job is successful and stuff. it sucks that u wont be here on weekdays:( :( :( lol, maybe since max wont be here on weekdays, i can catch up to his post count:D

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 04:04 PM
Yes! I may catch up to his post count! J/K dude.
My dad is an investor, so I can say firsthand how you must be feeling with this economy. What are you going to be doing? I hate to say it...but everybody, no matter what you do, will be affected by the economy. Anyway, I wish you luck, I hope you are very succesfull.

VenoM
05-31-2002, 04:04 PM
sad to hear :( good luck with your new job

faceoff508
05-31-2002, 04:08 PM
Whats your new job??????

Oh, well!! Sorry to hear this. WE WILL AL MISS YOU!

FloBuzz
05-31-2002, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Max. :(

It sucks, but hey, thats life. Your old job wasn't good economically anyway, so I guess its for the best.

l Maximus l
05-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks, dudes...I'm actually kind of bummed out about it. It finally sunk in, mentally, that I will be away from this amazing job and this amazing website for awhile. Hopefully the economy will pick up and I can jump back into Recruiting...but, I don't see it anytime too soon.

Snoopy...I'm going to work for a company that is in the beverage business. You guessed right, beer and wine :D

I won't be making nearly as much money that I am used to, however, it will be easily enough to pay all of my bills, buy XBox games, and support my favorite thing to do: DRINK BEEEEEER!!! :D When things pick back up, I'll be back in recruiting and back to XBA full time :)

Nato King
05-31-2002, 04:09 PM
I know what your going through maximus. The serg man is back.!!!!!:)

Snoopy7548
05-31-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Snoopy...I'm going to work for a company that is in the beverage business. You guessed right, beer and wine :D

lol, are u gonna get drunk while working?

Xbox Owner
05-31-2002, 04:12 PM
Dude...will you ever be on XBOX LIVE?! You owe me a match.:D

Ninja Scroll
05-31-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
I know what your going through maximus. The serg man is back.!!!!!:)

I never noticed you were gone!!:confused:

j/k :D SergW is my dawg!:)

Shorezy
05-31-2002, 04:15 PM
I think all of us here at XBA picture you as a role model Maximus. I wish you the very best of luck at your new job, and no matter how many more times you stop in, you'll always be the best XBAer for years to come. Talk to you soon.

Ninja Scroll
05-31-2002, 04:21 PM
Yo waximus, when I get to my crib my gonna poor a 40 once in your memory sunshine! hehehe, seriously though.
I know I have it pretty damn sweet at my j.o.b
Im on da net most of da time with my fellow XBA comrades and all over da place ansd I always wondered if my next gig will be as cool as the one im at now.
Now I see a fellow addict going through what I was always wondering when it will happen to me.

I know my time will come too what I wont post at work, but until then im gonna milk da hell outta this opportunaty at my job.

Dont worry waxy, we wont forget you if your not around as much.
You the reason im alive today waximus,...well... I wont go dat far, but your my boy nontheless. :) ;) :)

Highlite23
05-31-2002, 04:40 PM
Max, it's not goodbye after all, i know you'll pop in and keep us informed and laughing.

I know the feeling, i can feel my day job running through my fingers like sand...i'm starting my own company, so hopefully that takes off before the sand runs out.

Anyway, good luck on your new endever, i'm sure you'll make the best of it.

Take it easy, tip one for me, and we'll see you around.:)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks, dudes...I'm actually kind of bummed out about it. It finally sunk in, mentally, that I will be away from this amazing job and this amazing website for awhile. Hopefully the economy will pick up and I can jump back into Recruiting...but, I don't see it anytime too soon.

I won't be making nearly as much money that I am used to, however, it will be easily enough to pay all of my bills, buy XBox games, and support my favorite thing to do: DRINK BEEEEEER!!! :D When things pick back up, I'll be back in recruiting and back to XBA full time :)
i swear to god i feel like crying!u r the best man.wish u luck.

Scarlet Spider
05-31-2002, 06:34 PM
BEST WISHES MAX!!

E-Xbox
05-31-2002, 06:38 PM
ooo...
thats not good news..
thats too bad...
but atleast ur gonna have a new job..
but atleast ull still try to post at xba...

peace man

JADE8704
05-31-2002, 08:47 PM
well max...good luck with your new job buddy...just make sure to drop 1k posts every weekend :D

RudedogX
05-31-2002, 08:55 PM
Max, we'll miss you man! You definetly make this site what it is, but it is good to see you'll be able to come back sometimes! But, Max, why didn't you tell me that you're a recruiter, I would have sent you a resume! I would have loved to have moved back out to the Seattle Area! Oh well, good luck with your new job man!

Tazilla
05-31-2002, 09:05 PM
Max!!!

I am finally able to get back to sharing ideas and topics with my old XBA fellows,... and I come in to find this news?

I have missed everyone,.. and especially my Comrade in Suds

Beer for life!!!!!

I guess I will catch you on the weekends,...

Best wishes to you Beer Brother.

Tazilla

y2kash_14
05-31-2002, 09:16 PM
well now............doesn't that suck

Tazilla
05-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
well now............doesn't that suck

I could have said that, and saved myself a few lines of text,...

My thoughts exactly

Frostberg
05-31-2002, 09:51 PM
TAZ! Where the hell have you been!

Maximus, you know I feel ya bro...it will all work out though...and as long as you have fun with what your doing...lol you should put in an app at MS, seeing how they have to be pretty close to you...and I think you would love that MS Store...

Tazilla
05-31-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
TAZ! Where the hell have you been!

Dude,.. you don't wanna know,...
Well I'll tell ya,...
RSC, and work,.. 2 jobs,.. trying to make ends meet,.. and support my habit. I got Morrowind to pay for,.. and MotoGP also,.. I can't find that game anywhere near me,.. ARRRGGHH!!!

Maximus, you know I feel ya bro...it will all work out though...and as long as you have fun with what your doing...lol you should put in an app at MS, seeing how they have to be pretty close to you...and I think you would love that MS Store...

Then maybe, with his recruiting sklillz,... he could get all of us ADDICTS a job there!!!!

Frostberg
05-31-2002, 10:07 PM
Well, just dont go leaving unexpectedly for 3 months again! Well at least 2 jobs was a good improvement from when you didnt have any :D...still nice to see you back though!

Tazilla
05-31-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks Frostberg,.. glad to see I was missed,..

it just sucks that my drinking buddy has to limit his visitations with us all now,...

I just might have to make him get a palm pilot with wireless web access so's that he can still hang with the Big Dawgs,..(kidding,.. I'm poor)

*Taz is bummin'*

How have things been going around here lately???

Frostberg
05-31-2002, 10:15 PM
XBA is still owning up everyone as usual...we just have more contests and members...
< SHAMLESS_PLUG >lol and I have some nice videos
http://www.frostberg.com/YouGottaSeeThis.htm
And a store to open soon where I will be selling cheap Xbox games in Phase I...
< /SHAMLESS_PLUG >
(ha without the spaces it actually thought it was html...)

lol everyone should just download videos...I have like 9GBs of Bandwidth for this month that is unused...and if I dont use it by the 6th I lose it so why not get my $$$s worth

TEA
05-31-2002, 11:02 PM
Well ain't LIFE a Biatch!!Sorry to hear this.Hope ya like ya new job and can adapt to the change.Changes are what life is made out of.:)

l Maximus l
06-01-2002, 03:44 AM
Thanks for all the sentiments, gentlemen. I must admit, when I came back here to visit tonight (at this moment), I was pleased to not only see my fellow XBA buddies, but, TAZ, too!!! Damn! For a moment there, I thought TAZ got too drunk and got lost by wondering off somewhere! :D

TAZ...great to see you, man! In your absense, I have managed to post a few times :D

Man, this is really tough on me to not only get out of the Executive Recruiting business, but, to also have the ability to visit this bad ass website as much. This economy sucks Black Label beer :( <-----bitter beer face :D

MixMasta
06-01-2002, 07:30 AM
what is your new job????????

Tazilla
06-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the sentiments, gentlemen. I must admit, when I came back here to visit tonight (at this moment), I was pleased to not only see my fellow XBA buddies, but, TAZ, too!!! Damn! For a moment there, I thought TAZ got too drunk and got lost by wondering off somewhere! :D

TAZ...great to see you, man! In your absense, I have managed to post a few times :D

Man, this is really tough on me to not only get out of the Executive Recruiting business, but, to also have the ability to visit this bad ass website as much. This economy sucks Black Label beer :( <-----bitter beer face :D

*holds back the tears*
Dude!,.. we need to have a few brews soon,.. well. I'm having one right now,.. so just join me...

I did get drunk but I wasn't lost and wondering anywhere,.. well,. yeah I was kinda lost,.. but I guess that's what two jobs will do to a guy,...

Anyhow,... "WHERE'S THE LOVE MAN!"

Holy Schmolly,.. looks like you have been conversing with just about eveyone on everything,.. That post count is Uber-high

missed ya Max,.. hope to see you 'round heh on da weekends,...

DZNUTZ
06-02-2002, 01:02 AM
damn max...sorry to hear u won't be around as much.
i didn't even get a chance to see this thread till recently..i've been kinda going thru some of my own b.s. as of lately and haven't been on much.
best wishes on your new job....can u say discount?;)
hope i get the chance to catch in a couple threads and make sho to look for your guiness drinking fellow xba DZNUTZ when xboxlive hitz!
CHEERS BRO

E Nomini Patri
06-02-2002, 12:11 PM
It's sad that you can't be here as much, Max :( . But, a little bit is better than not at all!:)

Ninja Scroll
06-03-2002, 09:12 AM
LONG LIVE WAXIMUS AKA MAXI-PAD-IMUS!!... MY DAWG! ;)

JJaX
06-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Damn MaX :(

Im sorry that you cant be around as much as you wanted to. Im sure we'll continue to bump into each other in the forums. ANd the PM button is handy too ;)

Maximus you still the drunkest of them all :D

Good luck in your future career paths!!

You know where to find me if you need anything Bro :)

Xbox Masta 4
06-03-2002, 09:49 AM
Hey MAXY goodluck with your new Job, and sorry to hear that. Well hopefully your new job will be successful!:D :)

Ninja Scroll
06-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Damn MaX :(

You know where to find me if you need anything Bro :)

Yeah waxy, you know you can always find JJax at his full-time job over at da Burger King joint flippin dem burgers while on his computer!!

LMAO!!:D

Hey JJax, hook a homie up with a Shaq-Pack yo! Brotha bout hungry over dis joint kid!:p

JJaX
06-03-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yeah waxy, you know you can always find JJax at his full-time job over at da Burger King joint flippin dem burgers while on his computer!!

LMAO!!:D

Hey JJax, hook a homie up with a Shaq-Pack yo! Brotha bout hungry over dis joint kid!:p

King sized?

Ninja Scroll
06-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

King sized?
YOU BET YOUR BURGER KING UNIFORM WEARING ASS I WANT IT KING SIZED!! :p :p :p

:D

silvertrace
06-03-2002, 11:18 AM
well, i haven't been on the forums much lately and this thread is news to me:(

i just wanted to give a shout out to maxy if he's reading this and let him know that he's a real cool guy, we run into each other on xbc from time to time, but the forums will miss him, i just hope he can drop in and post a few here and there;)

good luck on your new job dude, and take care:)

l Maximus l
06-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Hey, thanks once again for all the kind words, my fellow Addicts! :)

Well, today was the day where I was supposed to be working my first day, however, I discovered this morning with a phone call telling me that I actually won't have to start until tomorrow morning! So, FINALLY!! I actually have a day off!! An entire day!

Normally, I work in the evening if I have a day off, so, it isn't really a day off, but, today is a full day off! I haven't had one of those for several months! So, needless to say, I'm soaking this up...and yes, I'm having a sixer of Samual Adams Lager to celebrate :D (It's on sale for $4.99 a sixer!!!!)

Casper
06-03-2002, 01:57 PM
I get out in about a 1/2 hr., so I'll go to the store and pick up a 6 of Summer Ale and think about ya Maxi. You are the man, and I am gonna miss not seeing Homer, and your awesome comments, on XBA full-time. I here ya about the economy too, but then again, you may have taken a loss in $$ but aren't you MUCH happier doing what your gonna be doing....no doubt ;) cuz that's what is the important thing...

Peace man, and you know we won't forget about ya :)

Snoopy7548
06-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

YOU BET YOUR BURGER KING UNIFORM WEARING ASS I WANT IT KING SIZED!! :p :p :p

:D

lol, what about ninja sized?

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Good to see you around, buddy. So what exactly will yo do for this brewery? Are you gonna be a "tester"? LoL.

l Maximus l
06-03-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Good to see you around, buddy. So what exactly will yo do for this brewery? Are you gonna be a "tester"? LoL.

hehe...yes, I'll be doing some testing :D hehe

Actually, for the first month or so, I'll be merchandizing...then, probably do sales...we'll see. It's a nice break from Executive Recruiting... :D

One thing is for sure, the BEER industry will NEVER DIE!!! :D

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 08:54 PM
So true...so true. Well good luck with your new job, and be sure to get in here at least one a day.

Frostberg
06-03-2002, 08:58 PM

One thing is for sure, the BEER industry will NEVER DIE!!! :D
As long as you don't drink it all!!

E-Xbox
06-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

As long as you don't drink it all!!

lol!
heres max at work....

"one for u...two for me...one for you..two for me"