PDA

View Full Version : Tech TV PS2 fanboys

xboxmaster2002
05-31-2002, 03:57 PM
i was watching extended play today and they compare the three next gen systems and tell you what they think is the best system to buy and they said PS2. yeah it has more games but how many are actualy worth the money, What do you think?

Xbox Owner
05-31-2002, 04:33 PM
who cares....it's not that big of a deal..:)

Kooster
05-31-2002, 04:55 PM
So what if they like PS2. Its their opinion. Maybe later they will like Xbox.

Snoopy7548
05-31-2002, 05:07 PM
yea, they give some decent scores to xbox games on extended play. but they mostly review ps2 games. since ive started watching extended play, ive never ONCE seen them review halo, pgr, amped, or any other really good xbox game.

stang46
05-31-2002, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't say Tech TV is ps2 biased, but the show Extended Play definetly is. The host gets on my nerves more than anything...

hook-worm J
05-31-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
since ive started watching extended play, ive never ONCE seen them review halo, pgr, amped, or any other really good xbox game.

Halo review (http://www.techtv.com/extendedplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3358040,00.html)

Amped review (http://www.techtv.com/extendedplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3368622,00.html)

And I swear they reviewed PGR once, just cant find it....

EDIT: Ah, here we are: PGR review (http://www.techtv.com/extendedplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3358375,00.html)

Snoopy7548
05-31-2002, 06:05 PM
lol:D

hook-worm J
05-31-2002, 06:08 PM
hehe

E-Xbox
05-31-2002, 06:41 PM
yes yes yes!
they are biased..
but does it really matter?!
i like my xbox...
and i chose it cuz its obviously the best in my mind...
so i dont care wat they think!

peace

Muabdi'b
05-31-2002, 08:40 PM
I laugh at the psx2. It doesnt make a difference what other people think. XBOX is here to stay and if you want to play the best games and get the best gaming experience , XBOX is where you will find it. Dropping 2 billion on XBox live, just to make sony squint:confused: . MS is the new bully giving sony some of its own medicine. MS and sony's online plans are so far apart. One already has a user base.:D

Slacker
05-31-2002, 08:57 PM
I just got through watching Extended play also I usually Say that they are biased but On tonights show they were not as Bad, They gave Xbox a Fair review and all upcoming titles I thought , I was actually Amazed , The Host said something like, for all those Xbox owners who were second Guessing their Xbox Purchase would be Happy come November, or something like that, and the rest of the review of Upcoming games was good, Maybe Microsoft Finally Padded Tech TV's Pockets with more Money

But at the End when he went around asking Gamers what was there Most Anticipated Title, Only one was Xbox , and it was the DOA Volley ball, I think Most people are just Addicted to Brand Names, I really think if you took Mario and made him a Stick figure and the gameplay was an Empty Room where you ran around , It would sell Millions, People just like Brand names ,

But By this time Next year, Xbox will be King,

Mace-Windu
05-31-2002, 09:24 PM
I really wouldn't consider the show or the host biased considering he is in the picture on XBA's homepage. They said PS2 is the best system now because it has a huge library of games but it will not last long, and the XBox is going to be around longer since it is more powerful. I think they are even starting to show less PS2 than any other system now that the other "next gens" are growing. I would in no way call the people at TechTV fanboys of the PS2.

Snoopy7548
06-01-2002, 01:24 PM
yea, the host for extended play seemed pretty exicted about xbox live.

DrUnKtAnK
06-01-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by stang46
I wouldn't say Tech TV is ps2 biased, but the show Extended Play definetly is. The host gets on my nerves more than anything...

Right on! I could of sworn that I heard that Sony has a dev studio in San Fransico (near TechTV studio's) and that they are constantly kissin' some arse at TechTV....

TechTV is my fav channel when the XBOX is off, but I hardly watch Extended Play anymore - All of there info is too damn old, and only one 30 min show a week? Give me a brake, I need more than that...:)

Frostberg
06-01-2002, 01:54 PM
I dont care, but I dont think they are...They seem to give game reviews like what I would...I just wouldnt of gave halo a 4 for sound and gameplay...but still a 5 overall...they also gave RSC a 5 overall...if they were bias they wouldnt have any 5 star games...

thedrisc
06-01-2002, 02:28 PM
This program seems to go back and forth between which system it thinks is the best. last E3 it was all about nintendo for them but they were praising xbox when it was first released.

oooh and the owner of tech tv is a former M$ employee. I don't remember his name but I will try to find it.

Shorezy
06-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
So what if they like PS2. Its their opinion. Maybe later they will like Xbox.

Good point hotshot.

Hugh_Jass
06-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by thedrisc

oooh and the owner of tech tv is a former M$ employee. I don't remember his name but I will try to find it.

With about $30 billion to his name, Paul Allen is the third-wealthiest person in the world, according to Forbes. He is the CO-FOUNDER of Microsoft.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-01-2002, 11:14 PM
yea, the host for extended play seemed pretty exicted about xbox live.

LoL..Yea he was pretty excited about XBOX Live..but then again Sessler gets excited when his hand passes over his crotch...
...Extendeplay's opinion doesnt matter to me..i'll get games/hardware inspite of their drivel.

Untill next time...:mad:

BattleCruiser
06-02-2002, 04:47 PM
Everyone, please remember that most ExtendedPlay shows are shot where? The Metronome (sorry about spelling) which is owned by whom? :eek: SONY!

Hugh_Jass
06-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by BattleCruiser
Everyone, please remember that most ExtendedPlay shows are shot where? The Metronome (sorry about spelling) which is owned by whom? :eek: SONY!

Metreon

Yeah...pretty much a dead giveaway, isn't it?
I wrote a note to the show and asked them to go back to the studio so it wouldn't appear they were on Sony's payroll. It didn't do any good.

Snoopy7548
06-03-2002, 01:52 PM
im so glad that kate botello left, oh my god she was so annoying. the most annoying thing was when she talked, her mouth moved in like 50 different directions whenever she talked, lol

Hugh_Jass
06-03-2002, 06:59 PM
I liked Kate on The Screensavers. She is too intelligent to be on Extended Play.

Snoopy7548
06-03-2002, 07:04 PM
kate botello was on the screensavers? i dont think she was, and i know she isnt on it right now.

Niner Six
06-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Leo Laport from Screen Savers is definately note a PS2 fanboy, he owns an Xbox and often extoles it's virtues ...but that little sphincter-boy Adam Sessler most certainly is...he called the PS2 the big daddy of the consoles...'nuff said. Direct your anger at this tool!

Hugh_Jass
06-04-2002, 12:21 PM
kate botello was on the screensavers? i dont think she was, and i know she isnt on it right now.

Yes, Kate was Leo's co-host before Patrick came to the show.