PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot is the most BAISED!!!

Xbox Owner
05-31-2002, 05:11 PM
OMG! They gave world series baseball 7.4:mad:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2868761,00.html

First, they gave it a 7 in graphics!! It's more like a 10 if anything!!:mad: :mad:

faceoff508
05-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Dont listen to them!! Read the Readers Review, its 9.8 right now!!

Snoopy7548
05-31-2002, 05:14 PM
i hate gamespot, i can never view pictures from their site

Xbox Owner
Originally posted by faceoff508

lol, 9.9 now:cool: . anyway, im not listin to them cuz i already have it. it's like the best baseball game ever made (heh, i hate baseball, that's how good this game is. It makes some one buy it who hates baseball..haha)..they must have been smokin some crack on this one:rolleyes:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
Originally posted by XBox Owner
OMG! They gave world series baseball 7.4:mad:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2868761,00.html

First, they gave it a 7 in graphics!! It's more like a 10 if anything!!:mad: :mad:
temme something new brother.

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER

temme something new brother.

This is new. This is a NEW low for gamespot. I mean the gamers give it 9.9...and gamespot only gave it a 7.4! That is definetely a new low!

DBXNY
05-31-2002, 06:01 PM
Do you think there may be the possibility that Gamespot underrates games just to try to encourage people to want to read their reviews? That way, when the review gets locked, they would encourage more paid memberships to read them.

just a thought

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY
Do you think there may be the possibility that Gamespot underrates games just to try to encourage people to want to read their reviews? That way, when the review gets locked, they would encourage more paid memberships to read them.

just a thought

Good point, but I did not think you had to be a member just to read reviews. I could be wrong, but I am too lazy to go check it out. But good point. But it has not worked for me! I aviod Gamespot like the plague!

DBXNY
05-31-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Good point, but I did not think you had to be a member just to read reviews. I could be wrong, but I am too lazy to go check it out. But good point. But it has not worked for me! I aviod Gamespot like the plague!

The reviews are free to read for a short period of time (4-5 days initially, I think). Then they become locked, being available only for paid members. Once locked, they will always display the score for you, but you'll need to pay to read the review.

Xtopia
05-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY

The reviews are free to read for a short period of time (4-5 days initially, I think). Then they become locked, being available only for paid members. Once locked, they will always display the score for you, but you'll need to pay to read the review.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. But I don't know why they would only "underate" Xbox games. They don't do it to PoS2, of course, and they don't do it to GC as much as they do it to Xbox.

E-Xbox
05-31-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
exactly!
i never listen to sites reviews...
except xba ...
and i look especially at the reviews by the gamers and members

peace

X-Ray
05-31-2002, 06:44 PM
I've never played the game so I can really only comment on the graphics. Based on the screenshots, that game deserves a 9 or a 10. However, screenshots don't always tell the whole story. Imo, baseball, basketball, and some football games have a very big problem making the motion realistic. Sometimes motion looks jerky. When I saw commercials for several baseball games a while back (not sure if world series was one of them) and the visuals were good except for when the players moved. The movement was sub-par. I hope that's not the case here, but maybe. Maybe the reviewer is as "pet-peevy" as I am about that.

Xbox Owner
05-31-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray
I've never played the game so I can really only comment on the graphics. Based on the screenshots, that game deserves a 9 or a 10. However, screenshots don't always tell the whole story. Imo, baseball, basketball, and some football games have a very big problem making the motion realistic. Sometimes motion looks jerky. When I saw commercials for several baseball games a while back (not sure if world series was one of them) and the visuals were good except for when the players moved. The movement was sub-par. I hope that's not the case here, but maybe. Maybe the reviewer is as "pet-peevy" as I am about that.

The screen shots look like "crap" compared to the games. And they run, so real!!

RadRider
05-31-2002, 06:59 PM
They gave Amped a 6.7 and just knocked the gameplay nonstop. You know what's funny? Go look at how they rated Shawn Palmer's Pro Snowboarding; 7.5 and they raved about the gameplay. This is the first time I've gone to Gamespot in about 5 months, and I went there solely to look at the Amped score again, because I couldn't believe it the first time, and I had to refresh my memory to just how bad Gamespot is.