PDA

View Full Version : UFC Really sucked! Anyone agree??

Brando131
05-31-2002, 09:47 PM
I rented UFC and played it with my friends and like each match only took like 15 seconds. To me thats a really crappy game, its not long enough. Anyone reply if you agree or if you actually liked the game. :rolleyes:

Yannie Boy
06-28-2002, 08:16 AM
i agree that game sucked. the rounds and matches are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too quick and the loading was long. you won't see me buy that game:(

happygilmore897
06-28-2002, 08:56 AM
:mad: UFC was great what the HELL are you talking about.. Did you see all the detail in the characters and the ring and everything.. Now i do agree, the matches were a little short but I still thought the game was terrific

PcPreacher
07-03-2002, 01:18 AM
I bought UFC about a month ago. The first day i played it for about 30 mins. Since then i haven't played it once. That should speak for itself as to what I thought of the game. Maybe it would be better against someone or online but I wasn't impressed.

SMARTGAMER69
07-03-2002, 01:29 AM
This game proved to me “keep my membership with Maddgames.com” because if I had went out and purchased this game I would have kicked my ass!

Spaztic
07-03-2002, 12:52 PM
bought it, played it....mastered it in a couple fights, returned it and hour latter...this game blows goat nads!

Reclaimer
07-04-2002, 08:23 PM
each match only took like 15 seconds.

Have you seen a real U.F.C. match? They last about that long except for a few that stagger into 30 minutes. This game is not about fireballs and flying helicopter kicks, it's a simulation of the real UFC. You go in and choke somebody out, and submit them as quickly as possible. Yes the voice acting is bad, but the graphics are great. It's about landing the fastest REAL MOVES possible. Sadly they left out some really good U.F.C. fighters like Royce Gracie, Kimo, Ken Shamrock, and Patrick Jennem, but in all it's still a good game. You can even unlock and use the rapper/actor Ice-T!
I guess for those who has seen the real U.F.C. and like it, this game is for you. If you want something like D.O.A. or Street Fighter, this is not your game.

Max2000
07-05-2002, 05:04 AM
By far, the most disappointing part about UFC is the low extent of reality in the moves. Well, it STINKS BIG TIME !. What the hell is wrong with the publisher? It was supposed to be like a simulation of real fighting !. For example, if you punch someone in the head, his/her head retracts all the way back until it almost hits his/her back !! Moreover, the animation - to an extent - was terrible such that it felt like watching rapid fly moves (yes, the bug !). I think if this idea or program was published by Electronic Arts, it would've been a great success. If you played Knockout Kings 2002 by EA, you know what I mean by realistic movements (although Knockout Kings 2002 still has some major drawbacks itself). BUTTTT, to be fair enough, you need to play this game a little longer than 5 hours to master the moves and techniques. My learning curve is above average (I think.... well I know), but the first 2 days I was so pisZed off that I even bought this game. A week later, I went back and started playing it again and learned the tricky strategies and managed to win 50 consecutive bouts and unlock all hidden characters. Overall, I give this game a 3.9/5.0 and nothing more.

lllSmokelll
07-05-2002, 03:39 PM
garbage.....ufc is great....the matches only last 15 secends if ur playin on easy

cityson
07-05-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
the rounds and matches are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too quick

Yes, UFC is quick and you don't get to enjoy it.....I played UFC on Dreamcast and all I did was to punch the guy 3 times then he died.....Boring.

cityson
07-05-2002, 08:11 PM

ALC
07-13-2002, 05:27 PM
that game really sucked in my opinion. the graphics WEREN'T GREAT. The matches took an average time of like 20 seconds and it felt like an N64 game. I dont understand why eveyone liked it so much.

Underdog
07-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ALC
I dont understand why eveyone liked it so much.

Because it was a thinking man's game, kinda like a chess match. You had to pick the right move to attack your opponent, instead of going toe to toe and start smashing buttons.

X-Factor
07-13-2002, 08:12 PM
UFC was simply an "average" title (not good but not bad)...:o

Cheesehead.

ALC
07-14-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Chris-XBA

Because it was a thinking man's game, kinda like a chess match. You had to pick the right move to attack your opponent, instead of going toe to toe and start smashing buttons.

and how fun would chess be on the xbox? :p

well my opinion on UFC isnt that popular, and that's okay cuz it's only my own.

But all that about picking the right moves etc made me appreciate DOA3 more :) still the best fighter on the xbox, again, in my opinion.