PDA

View Full Version : Tired of mutant aliens!

Trancemaster
06-01-2002, 10:20 AM
Am I the only one whos getting VERY tired of all the "Im-running-around-in-dark-tunnels-killing-mutaded-aliens-with-my-super-duper-plasma-gadget-assault-gun" type of FPS games????

If was cool in the Doom days, pretty cool in the Quake and Half-Life days. To be quite honest - the only reason Im playin it on the Xbox is that it is the only good game around...

Does anybody remember "Seals" for PC back in the 486 days?
Crappy graphics by todays standards but very strong game content!

Do I have to sell my Xbox and get a PS2 together with Medal of Honor?

Does anybody know what happend to "Project v1" - a Vietnam War FPS with the Unreal game engine? THAT would make a nice change!!!

Highlite23
06-01-2002, 10:26 AM
I think some nice variations are on the way Trancemaster.

Tom Clancy
Prisoner of War

Patience, my friend.:cool:

Xtopia
06-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Oh, and according to Gamespot, Medal of Honor: Frontline is confirmed for the Xbox. So no, you don't need to sell you Xbox.;)

Xbox Owner
06-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Oh, and according to Gamespot, Medal of Honor: Frontline is confirmed for the Xbox. So no, you don't need to sell you Xbox.;)

Sweet!! I can't wait for that game.:D

UltraMuffin
06-01-2002, 11:38 AM
I prefer the more realistic Tom Clancy / Counter-Strike type games myself...

I also liked the idea of Wolfenstein 3D (yeah, the one from 1992, I haven't played the new one) where it starts out realistic but starts to get stranger and stranger as you go along... with the weird mutant experiments and three-armed soldiers and stuff...

Veno
06-01-2002, 11:52 AM
Lol, realistic games where you got an MP5 and you're shooting talibans. Oh yeah, real realistic man, good idea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Lol, god you are funny as hell, dude.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

What??..Frontline?..Screw Frontline..whatever happened to Allied Assault??

Untill next time...:mad:

Hugh_Jass
06-02-2002, 09:56 AM
I prefer first person stealth games. I can't wait for Thief 3 to come out on the XBOX. Hmmm...strange that I didn't hear a peep about it from the E3 coverage. That does not bode well.

dave_m123
06-02-2002, 09:58 AM
LOL Soldier of Fortune needs no mutated aliens and plasma weapons to be extremely violent and fun :D.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-02-2002, 11:47 AM
i still like those sort of games.