PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot rates e3 | "The Top Games of E3 2002"

wweomaniac
06-01-2002, 08:42 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/e3_2002_bestof/index.html

nice!! I haven't looked at it yet.. but there are a lot of categories.

Top XBOX, ps2, gc, pc, gba, gameS.

Top 10 best in the show and Honorable mentions!!

I think I'll start with best of XBOX :)

You allt ake a look!!

wweomaniac
06-01-2002, 08:45 PM
NICE!!!
5. Panzer Dragoon Orta (boo!!)
4. Psychonauts (meh)
3. Unreal Championship (yes.. this is going somewhere)
2. Steel Batallion (yes!!)
1. Splinter Cell (Holy ****!! I thought this game was amazing!! OMG!! #1 baby suck on that)

I'll head on over to the other categories now.

faceoff508
06-01-2002, 08:55 PM
The Top PC Games of E3 2002 :

10. Command & Conquer: Generals
09. The Sims Online
08. SimCity 4
07. Rise of Nations
06. Neverwinter Nights
05. DX2: The Invisible War
04. Unreal Tournament 2003
03. Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
02. No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way
01. Doom III

faceoff508
06-01-2002, 08:56 PM
The Top GameCube Games of E3 2002

05. Resident Evil 0
04. Star Fox Adventures
03. Metroid Prime
02. Super Mario Sunshine
01. The Legend of Zelda

faceoff508
06-01-2002, 08:58 PM
the worst is Ps2, just look:

The Top PlayStation 2 Games of E3 2002 :

05. Ratchet and Clank
04. Primal
03. The Mark of Kri
02. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
01. Auto Modellista

GRAVEDIGGER
06-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Thanx for the heads up man, i think i'll go see what they said about the E3 XBOX games.

Untill next time...:mad:

wweomaniac
06-01-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
the worst is Ps2, just look:

The Top PlayStation 2 Games of E3 2002 :

05. Ratchet and Clank
04. Primal
03. The Mark of Kri
02. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
01. Auto Modellista
I know... thats really odd. I don't get why they named all these no name games. Like.. all five of them were no name games. I can understand how people wouldnt know Panzer Dragoon ORTa, Steel Batallion, and Psychonauts in xbox top 5, but for ps2, all five of them were unknown to me.

Anyone know these games? Actually... I think I heard of auto modellista... because I was reading a cel shading article and it was mentioned.. but not much are known aboot this games outside the ps2 community. Perhaps theyll become wicked ps2 games that other consoles will want. Or maybe theyll be forgotten. Hopefully forgotten.

wweomaniac
06-01-2002, 09:27 PM
I don't get how mario sunshine and zelda did so well. Zelda is going back a few years with these funny graphics. and sunshine? HA! These analystys must be loyalists to the mario franchise.

Wonder why Project Ego didn't make the list.
I can understand how some xbox games didn't make it on since the companies focussed on the pc version more then the console version on the show (ie. DX2: IW, SW: Galaxies, SW, KOTOR)

Hoping that Sega Gt would make it on.. I don't find psychonauts that entertainging. Blinx or Toe Jam would be cooler (my opinion). And everyone (i mean every analyst) is calling Panzer Dragoon ORTA amazing... I don't find it amazing.. but I'm sure they have a point.

El Gaucho Goof
06-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I don't get how mario sunshine and zelda did so well. Zelda is going back a few years with these funny graphics. and sunshine? HA! These analystys must be loyalists to the mario franchise.

Wonder why Project Ego didn't make the list.
I can understand how some xbox games didn't make it on since the companies focussed on the pc version more then the console version on the show (ie. DX2: IW, SW: Galaxies, SW, KOTOR)

Hoping that Sega Gt would make it on.. I don't find psychonauts that entertainging. Blinx or Toe Jam would be cooler (my opinion). And everyone (i mean every analyst) is calling Panzer Dragoon ORTA amazing... I don't find it amazing.. but I'm sure they have a point.

Why is it no one can accept a list and go on their way. I mean Doom III won for Game of the Show and you don't complain.

I mean you see Nintendo games on the list and there are issues.

Zelda is light years ahead of it's competiion when it comes to cle shading. Not to mention it is building on one of the most refrained 3D engines for consoles.

And well Super Mario Sunshine is a proper sequel to quite arguably the greatest 3D platformer to date, and unlike most other companies Nintendo doesn't release yearly Mario adventures (All the others were spinoffs) so this is 6 years coming. The game may not sport some of the best visuals these generation, but it does glorify what it should and that's gameplay and FUN.

I don't know why Project Ego wasn't on the list maybe not enough of it was shown to qualify.

Anyhow just remember that it is all opinions and opinions differ from person to person. Even though, most sites did rate GCN games high on the list. I mean it took IGN and GameSpy's top Games spot.

JohnB
06-01-2002, 10:40 PM
Project Ego didn't make the list because it wasn't playable at E3. What I want to know is WHERE THE HELL IS BLINX?! It's not even in the honorable mentions!!!

wweomaniac
06-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by El Gaucho Goof

Why is it no one can accept a list and go on their way. I mean Doom III won for Game of the Show and you don't complain.

I mean you see Nintendo games on the list and there are issues.

Tell you the truth... I liked the looks of all of the pc games cept rise of nations. They appealled to me. I'm not that much more a fan of zelda or mario anymore. they were for me when i was like younger then 10. Now I've moved on to more mature characters.

dave_m123
06-02-2002, 04:37 AM
Glad Doom 3 won the game of the show it truly did deserve it. In the list it and Splinter Cell are probably the only games in the superb category that I can see. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Blinx and possibly Knights of the old republic should have been in that list.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-02-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by JohnB
Project Ego didn't make the list because it wasn't playable at E3. What I want to know is WHERE THE HELL IS BLINX?! It's not even in the honorable mentions!!!
yeah where the hell is it?

wweomaniac
06-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123
Glad Doom 3 won the game of the show it truly did deserve it. In the list it and Splinter Cell are probably the only games in the superb category that I can see. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Blinx and possibly Knights of the old republic should have been in that list.
Panzer Dragoon OrTa is on the list...

dave_m123
06-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

Panzer Dragoon OrTa is on the list...

I know its on the Xbox list but it should be on the Top 10 best games of E3 IMHO.

wweomaniac
06-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123

I know its on the Xbox list but it should be on the Top 10 best games of E3 IMHO.
na. I don't know why that game is so great. Can you explain to me why that game is getting so much publicity by game analysts?

EHWfedPres
06-02-2002, 07:03 PM
No big surprise here...more crappy PS2 games that nobody cares about...

And IMO, Westwood is killing the CnC series with Generals. I personally despise 3d rts games. I know, living in the past with 2d and all...but it's alot better. I played nearly ever CnC rts game, both starcrafts, stronghold, star wars galactic battlegrounds, etc...the worst one was dark reign 2...which is the only 3d game of them all...2d is perfect for rts games. but thats just my opinion.

wweomaniac
06-02-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
No big surprise here...more crappy PS2 games that nobody cares about...

And IMO, Westwood is killing the CnC series with Generals. I personally despise 3d rts games. I know, living in the past with 2d and all...but it's alot better. I played nearly ever CnC rts game, both starcrafts, stronghold, star wars galactic battlegrounds, etc...the worst one was dark reign 2...which is the only 3d game of them all...2d is perfect for rts games. but thats just my opinion.
OMG!! Dark Reign 2 was the best strategy game "I" have ever played. I loved that game. I was so amazing at it. I rarely ever lost online. That game was the best! How could you not like that game?!?!

I'll admit that SC was an amazing game, but I never took the time to play it. I'm sure tis amazing... but I never took the time to play it. I had the cd and I played it for like an hour.. but I never understood the controls.. not controls but like how to upgrade building and ships and stuff. Like.. how to get those more advanced changing people. I still have the brood war cd but I gave teh first cd back. Meh.. I liked Dark Reign 2... until they made the patch and i couldn't play anymore.