PDA

View Full Version : Best In The World.......

CodeMonkey
06-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Have you peeps thought about this..
Its mad to think that when Xboxlive comes out one of us may be the best in the world with a certain game. Just think having your name upon the rank table as number 1. Its going to be mad seeing my name on there….JK (well u never know)
No but seriously it could be someone from XBA…..anyone else given this a thought

Also I was reading about Xboxlive and it says your voice can echo of cave walls etc, so when talking u have to give consideration to the type of environment your in. Also people who connect and have a bad ping will be dealt with by MS…which sounds a bit like what happens with counter-strike…

Tell u the more I read about Xboxlive, the better its getting….
:D

dave_m123
06-02-2002, 02:55 PM
Well i think its time to get some FPS practise so we can all start kicking each other's asses :D

GokuX
06-02-2002, 03:11 PM
If only Rallisport were an online title.....

Felon
06-02-2002, 03:12 PM
#1 Felon on Counter-Strike

Veno
06-02-2002, 03:14 PM
I was rank 1 in the rogue spear clan ladder. Over 8000 people in the ladder and I was #1. I was kinda phased by it for maybe a couple days when I got to #1. But after that I started eating again and i stopped throwing up.

dave_m123
06-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Veno
I was rank 1 in the rogue spear clan ladder. Over 8000 people in the ladder and I was #1. I was kinda phased by it for maybe a couple days when I got to #1. But after that I started eating again and i stopped throwing up.

Now now please stop before you make the rest of us look bad :D

CodeMonkey
06-02-2002, 03:19 PM
I tell u this xboxlive is going to rock, from what most of us have seen and read..

CALzinger
06-02-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
Well i think its time to get some FPS practise so we can all start kicking each other's asses :D

yep
i own PC fps, but i pretty much suck at console fps
i do better start practicing

dave_m123
06-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger

yep
i own PC fps, but i pretty much suck at console fps
i do better start practicing

I thought i woudl suck as well but when i started play Halo i picked it up quite quickly.

CALzinger
06-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123

I thought i woudl suck as well but when i started play Halo i picked it up quite quickly.

same here, those controls really help ya a lot with gettin a feel for manuevering

hook-worm J
06-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
Also people who connect and have a bad ping will be dealt with by MS…which sounds a bit like what happens with counter-strike…

What do you mean "dealt with" ? They will kicked off xboxlive or somthing? so they will be punished for having bad ping with a broadband connection? And I dont know what you mean by it happens in counter-strike. I play CS all the time and have horrible ping, the worst thing that happens to me is I get kicked off the server, but that barely ever happens anyway.

CodeMonkey
06-02-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

What do you mean "dealt with" ? They will kicked off xboxlive or somthing? so they will be punished for having bad ping with a broadband connection? And I dont know what you mean by it happens in counter-strike. I play CS all the time and have horrible ping, the worst thing that happens to me is I get kicked off the server, but that barely ever happens anyway.

Know they will find where u live and come round and beat u to death.. jk

Well I referred it to counter-strike because it’s the only game I could think of that had some Ping management going on.. (Boots u out if your in a low ping game but have a high ping yourself and vice versa)

MS basically said that bad pings will be dealt with, which I’m assuming means that u will be placed with other people who match your ping, which makes the game more even.
So if u have a low ping u will be placed on a faster server with other people who’s ping are low..
I think it’s a great idea and I don’t think ms will boot u out, but rather sort u to the correct server accordingly when u connect

Veno
06-02-2002, 03:58 PM
I believe it means if you have a high ping then you can only join games with high pings, so all your games will be laggy deaths.

Frostberg
06-02-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
If only Rallisport were an online title.....
It will be, along with PGR!

wweomaniac
06-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Yep.. the one main reason I'm buying xbox live is to prove to everyone that I'm way better then them :) I could talk aboot how much better I am but that would solve nothing. See you all online :)

Plewis
06-02-2002, 10:12 PM
i doubt i will be the best in the world... i just hope Im not considered a newbie or a rookie my whole online life:D I moved up to intermediate pretty quickly in AOE:II considering half the people in rookie games are really intermediates

CodeMonkey
06-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
i doubt i will be the best in the world... i just hope Im not considered a newbie or a rookie my whole online life:D I moved up to intermediate pretty quickly in AOE:II considering half the people in rookie games are really intermediates

Well I think the rank table will prove that for u. perform great and people will have respect for ya..
And vice versa
Hey Plewis i c u have had a hair cut

proffessor
06-13-2002, 09:21 AM
You might as well as wait until Xbox Live comes out, then we will all see who will be at the top of the table. We will settle this argument that way. Besides you are bound to get alot of newbies on the system, who will all be low in the league table, way below us anyway.

JJaX
06-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Once Xbox Live takes off you will all see my true POWA!!!!!!!!!

Dre
06-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Once Xbox Live takes off you will all see my true POWA!!!!!!!!!

Jjax, I'm hoping you and I will do some travels together in an RPG on Live.. that would be cool

dave_m123
06-13-2002, 10:06 AM
I'm also looking forward to doing a bit of online rpging if a decent game comes out that is.

JJaX
06-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Jjax, I'm hoping you and I will do some travels together in an RPG on Live.. that would be cool

hell yeah man. We can play SW:galaxies. Hang out in cantina and take some bong hits :eek: Go kill some people. Ya know!