PDA

View Full Version : 3 New Exclusive Xbox Titles

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-03-2002, 01:51 PM
CDV Software Entertainment AG, one of the leading German publishers and distributors of gaming software, today announced three upcoming titles for the Xbox(TM) videogame system from Microsoft. In a continuing effort to diversify consumer offerings, CDV is planning to release "CORE," "Project Nomads," and "Vultures" in 2003.

"The strength of our three Xbox games speaks for itself: the cutting edge action-adventure title `CORE,' Jules Verne-inspired fantasy `Project Nomads' and action-packed coliseum epic `Vultures,' which is available only on Xbox," said Wolfgang Gabler, chief executive officer of CDV AG. "With these promising Xbox games in the works, we are looking forward to our debut into the console market."

CDV's Xbox(TM) lineup includes:

"Vultures"
The action-packed "Vultures," an Xbox-exclusive title, is a 3D fighting game in a fascinating post-apocalyptic setting. The captivating game features outstanding 3D graphics and realistically animated characters derived from the latest motion capture technology. Only by succeeding in the gladiatorial arena through a combination of skill, dexterity and cold-blooded determination, will a Vulture move up in the ranks and obtain new weaponry. The player can compete as 16 different gladiators with varying combat styles and dozens of weapons and large armories.

"CORE"
"CORE" is an action-adventure game sure to thrill Xbox fans with its top-notch graphics, crazy characters and whacked-out scenarios. Centered around an adaptable metal suit that enhances the wearer's abilities, "CORE" introduces three characters: Pixie, Madboy and Rex the dog. "CORE" is the first game with character-specific points of view, including Rex's "Smell View." The player can choose a different character to tackle each new scenario -- will Pixie's climbing skills best suit the task? Or perhaps Madboy's mighty wallop? Guest characters, including Fluppo the bird and Fijona the Mermaid, also expand the player's strength.

"Project Nomads"
Set in a Jules Verne-esque world of floating islands, "Project Nomads" is a 3D action-adventure that incorporates the best in action and strategy. As the result of a terrible disaster, the Nomads planet is splintered into fragments. The few remaining survivors must build fortresses to fend against hostile attacks. As a flying wizard/engineer, the player can build scores of factories, power plants, defense units and zeppelins. With beautiful graphics and innovative gameplay, "Project Nomads" is poised to make a splash next year on Xbox.

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Honestly...none of those titles interest me. But thanks for the information.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-03-2002, 01:56 PM
i am sure it will when screens come out!

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
i am sure it will when screens come out!

How can you be so sure? LoL. Just a hunch?

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-03-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

How can you be so sure? LoL. Just a hunch?
everybody i mean people who have seen it are saying its awesome but lets wait and watch.

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 02:10 PM
I C...but a lot of Action/Adventure games just aren't my cup of tea.

*Cough*Azurik*Cough*

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-03-2002, 02:18 PM
*cough*halo*cough
*cough*max payne*cough

E-Xbox
06-03-2002, 02:27 PM
*cough*halo*cough
*cough*max payne*cough

halo is a fps!
lol...
and it cant be compared to max lame and azurik....
so n e ways...
nice info...
but none of the games interest me...

peace

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 02:42 PM
*cough*halo*cough
*cough*max payne*cough

Both of those games are *cough*shooters*cough* not *cough*action/adventure games*cough*

My allergies are bad! LoL

Slacker
06-03-2002, 03:13 PM
*hicup* Jules verne one sounds good *burp*
I think they all sound good *pass gas* so I will check them out,
*scratches himself*

all the * * stuff is just for fun I really do think they sound good ,

JimmieDoogan
06-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Vultures and Core sound cool... the last one sounds like an RTS though... definatly not my cup of tea.

Xbox Owner
06-03-2002, 03:40 PM
They seem cool...

Hugh_Jass
06-03-2002, 07:13 PM
Project Nomads sounds like Net Storm on the PC.

faceoff508
06-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Dont Judge A Game By its Discription

slowmotionriot
06-03-2002, 07:57 PM
come on, if you look around, you will find screenshots to nomads. it was presented last year on ects in london.
http://www.radonlabs.de/projects.html

and there is a movie for vultures http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=1273&file=88383

the movie looks very cool, sort of mad max with gladiators.

core, i believe is a project by a former shiny-member. he put this together almost alone using virtools. there are a few screenshots on the virtools-page and a few month back a saw a movie to this game.

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 11:46 AM
For Xbox exclusive games, we should be getting posts about good games that people care about...I never heard of Vultures or whatever. Lets talk about Splinter Cell, Brute Force, and Midtown Madness 3...