PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack games

kikimo
06-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Is there a list somewhere of all of the games that now take advantage of the XBox's soundtrack feature?

Ninja Scroll
06-03-2002, 02:18 PM
THPS2X (I think THPS3 too?) PGR, & Moto..something , da new motorcycle game.
And a couple others.
Too bad developers arent taking advantage of this feature.:(

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Too bad developers arent taking advantage of this feature.:(

They'll come around...I hope.
But Amped and RSC are also games in which you can rip your own soundtrack.

JimmieDoogan
06-03-2002, 02:57 PM
I think it would be cool if they had a game like MGS or an RPG where you could set up your own sound track. Playing sum Dragon Warrior with the Crouching Tiger soundtrack would be kick ass! Or MGS with sum crazy rock music (I don't rock bands today). I think that would be awsome.

ScorpionX
06-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Some games can't use it because of the mood of the game. Halo is a good example, I would rather listen to the sounds in the game than my music, it would sound wierd.

SkoalMint
06-04-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
Some games can't use it because of the mood of the game. Halo is a good example, I would rather listen to the sounds in the game than my music, it would sound wierd.

I agree whole-heartedly. While I love the soundtrack option, many games would not benefit from it. It would also be difficult to for the in-game triggers to interact with the soundtrack.

On a side-note, Fuzion Frenzy also supports the soundtrack option. The only problem is that you can never finish a song due to the length of the individual mini-games.