PDA

View Full Version : Madcatz Extension Cables

Toonz
06-03-2002, 05:20 PM
I know many of you are of the opinion " The cables already long enough " but for anyone who needs that little bit extra I highly recommend the Madcatz Extension Cables. I was gonna add a review but they don't show up on the hardware list ( or I am blind )

Anyways..........The cable adds 7 feet and was $9.99 CAN at Future Shop. The colors I saw were Green and Red somewhat transluscent and standard Black. I bought 2 green ones becuase I needed them. The fit into the Xbox was a little tight but perfectly fine. The quick release snapped in perfect and is a great fit. There is no worries that it will fall apart on its own like I heard the " Inovation " ones do. I had also read that when you use these cables you loose vibration or it makes it work harder but this is clearly NOT the case with mine. They don't feel cheap either but rather almost identical to the original cable.

I give these cables a 4.5/5 I took off marks for the slightly tight fit into the console and the Quick release molding was a different color than my original one otherwise you might not even notice its there. If you are in need of a few extra feet these are the cables to get.

Hugh_Jass
06-03-2002, 07:33 PM
The USB spec states that the maximum cable length shall be 15 feet. I believe the standard XBOX controller cable is nine feet. If you add a seven foot extension it will exceed the spec. I'm not saying you will have problems but you open yourself up to the possibility.

Toonz
06-03-2002, 07:38 PM
It works fine. " Even If " and I mean even it ruins the controller I can always buy a new one. Sitting 9 feet away from a 32 inch screen is not good for my eyes and as far as I know I can't buy more of those if they are ruined

Hugh_Jass
06-04-2002, 12:26 PM
I don't think it would ruin the controller. I would be more concerned with response time and/or missed instructions. For example, you hit a button and it doesn't register on the XBOX. There is probably a margin of error in the spec so it may work just fine. I'm just saying you may want to keep an eye out for suspicious behavior.

Toonz
06-04-2002, 05:12 PM
I hear what your saying but were talking a foot. Electrons are not that picky in this sort of application. I ran 2 extensions on my DC for 18 feet and it responded just fine. To be honest I thought about your exact scenario especially with online games but after about 40 hours of gaming I have yet to see a difference