PDA

View Full Version : Any new info regarding internet play?

Sammo
10-15-2001, 04:10 PM
Internet play and anything else related that is. Earlier reports had it that net access would be used only for games, nothing like browsing, chat or e-mail. And Microsoft's double-edged sword that is their one fee pricing scheme which seems to be annoying developers. So has any of this changed? Any breakthroughs on the topics of:

- One bill pricing scheme
- XBox/Computer interaction
- Official release date?

And any new big titles featuring online play? Well that's about it, slow boards today and I couldn't think up anything controversial for the Gamecube debate board :rolleyes:.

Fist_Of_God
10-15-2001, 04:17 PM
Yes I would also like to know about the pricing plan Microsoft plans to use. Take a game like PSOv2 wich is 15$ to play for 3 months on the DC, now that Sega has announced that they are bringing it to the X-Box will Sega have a problem with Microsofts plan? And if they do what solution can Microsoft offer to ensure us that PSOv2 will be online?

Sammo
10-15-2001, 04:21 PM
Apparently Square and now Sega have beef with Microsoft's intentions. What I want to know is whether or not I'm going to have to pay for basic network service with Microsoft. You know how WON supports Sierra games for free? As does SegaNet (provided you have your own internet connection), so I'm hoping Microsoft will leave the fees to the individual games themselves because it would throw me off if I had to pay for cable access (well, we already do) but then have to tack on more for MicrosoftNet access and then some more for, say, FFXI usage. Of course Microsoft would wrap it up into one neat bill but the price wouldn't change.