PDA

View Full Version : Without....

gamer23
06-03-2002, 06:25 PM
HALO, is XBOX pointless?:confused:

Snoopy7548
06-03-2002, 06:27 PM
lol, i dont really think so. the ps2 and gc dont have halo, and theyre both good systems. one game doesnt make or break a system. the xbox has alot of good games, and alot of great games coming out.:D

Frostberg
06-03-2002, 06:31 PM
lol I havent played Halo is like a month! True without halo Xbox wouldnt of had such a sucessful launch though...

Snoopy7548
06-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
[B]lol I havent played Halo is like a month!

lol, me too. im too busy with rallisport and hunter

faceoff508
06-03-2002, 06:35 PM
With out Halo, Xbox would have never survived till now.

DBXNY
06-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
With out Halo, Xbox would have never survived till now.

Yes it would have. All the other games are still at least better than most on the other consoles. Since folks have experienced Halo, they now are predisposed to comparing them against Halo, so some don't come off as breakthrough.

I mean, read some reviews on Crash Bandicoot, for instance, and you may begin to think the game is really junk. However, in reality, it really isn't that bad at all. I'd say the same goes for Azurik, New Legends, or even Blood Omen 2, etc.

I think many are looking for new "Halo" gaming experiences in relation to graphics, intensity, replayability, audio, AI, etc. If Halo wasn't released, then I'm sure, by nature, one of the other games would've set the benchmark instead.

Hugh_Jass
06-03-2002, 07:38 PM
I appreciate the power of Halo to draw more consumers into the XBOX family. Personally, I never liked the game.

Frostberg
06-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I appreciate the power of Halo to draw more consumers into the XBOX family. Personally, I never liked the game.
I think we are all in awe...

dave_m123
06-03-2002, 07:47 PM
DBXNY

I know what you mean about reviews as I dont trust them anymore all they seem to do is give huge scores to the most hyped games and a lot dont deserve scores like that. Underrated games are often given low scores but end up wiht lots of people liking it. Azurik is an example and apparently its quite a popular game.

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 08:49 PM
No, the Xbox would not be pointless, IMO. RSC, PGR, JSRF, and Hunter are ALL Xbox exclusives, and they are all awesome!

Shorezy
06-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Without Halo I do think Halo would be in a bit of trouble. However I do think that it would still do pretty well. Halo has made Xbox what it is no doubt.

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
Without Halo I do think Halo would be in a bit of trouble.

Uhhh....:rolleyes: :confused:

Marc
06-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Halo isn't one of my favorite games, but I recognize it's importance. Halo is to xbox what Mario was to the NES. Imagine any console without it's best game. It wouldn't be sunk, but it would be hurting. Xbox will have the best games this year. Look at the PS2 when it first came out. My PS2 had nowhere near the selection of games the xbox had at launch. Compare the two systems from the standpoint of their first 6 months. Xbox games that were available during its first 6 months are far superior to the PS2 games that were available during the PS2's first 6 months and there were far more games available on xbox in its first 6 months than the PS2 had available during its first six months.