PDA

View Full Version : MGS2:S Vs Splinter Cell

Bouchinator33
06-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, VS ,Splinter Cell?!

Kooster
06-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Im not too familiar w/ Splinter Cell so i picked MGS2

Bouchinator33
06-03-2002, 07:53 PM
yeah i picked MGS2:S too, just interested cause this was on another board an i was suprised SC won by like 35-6

OppiumNitrates
06-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Splinter cell will blow MGSS away tom clancy dont F around . . . but MGS will be tight as hell so dont get the idea MGSS will suck both games will be awsome . . . but splinter will be better from what iv read

Frostberg
06-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
Splinter cell will blow MGSS away tom clancy dont F around . . . but MGS will be tight as hell so dont get the idea MGSS will suck both games will be awsome . . . but splinter will be better from what iv read
I agree.
Splinter Cell is already in the top 3, if not the top game at E3...MGS2:S is pretty much a fake game. Loaded with pointless VR missions and crap. MGS was a groundbreaking game, MGS2 was extremely short, but fun. If MGS2:S is long, then it might have a chance...but the online play ALONE of Splinter Cell will far dominate MGS2:S

Bouchinator33
06-03-2002, 08:02 PM
from the screens i saw of SC (not many), it doesnt look like they could have possible stolen any more ideas from MGS the they did..but i would rather have MGS- ive been a big fan of that series since it first came out, maybe its the story lines, thats atleast one thing i dont think will be better about SC, if that means anything

Bouchinator33
06-03-2002, 08:06 PM
well, Substance is just a remake, not really a new game so theres alot of people that wont be buying it, so im not sure if its really going to compete with SC that way, but if SC does do good, it would be interesting to see how much stuff MGS3 steals from them(IF there is a MGS3)

dave_m123
06-03-2002, 08:17 PM
Hasent it been reported that the stealth elements in Splinter Cell are many compared to MGS2?

Bouchinator33
06-03-2002, 08:28 PM
probabily- every SC screen ive seen so far looks like it should be MGS3 or something

CodeMonkey
06-03-2002, 08:48 PM
I like the look of splinter cell so far

wweomaniac
06-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Splinter Cell looks amazing.. graphically and idealy. MGSX isn't too far behind though.

Slacker
06-03-2002, 11:08 PM
I voted for Splinter Cell, MGS2 is a Rip off of Tom Clancy Games , so Who's ripping off who, , I think Splinter cell will be better and have a Better Story, the story for MGS2 IMO is the lamest ever, and the Lamest Names IMO, Tom Clancy get's paid Millions for his Books , theres a Movie out now called "Sum of All Fears" based on his book, (it out sold Episode II this weekend) MGS2 was written By a third grader IMO.

Splinter Cell is My Most Awaited Title, It has some awesome stuff , the lighting effects alone are awesome , shoot out lights to conceal your self, you have a Stealth Meter to tell how loud you are bieng and whether or not you can bee seen, thats Awesome!!,

I wanted MGS2 just for game play but After seeing Splinter Cell I changed my Mind ,,,,Maybe MGS2 used for ten bucks I hope the Voice acting is better in Splinter cell than in MGS2,,,

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 11:14 PM
I voted Splinter Cell. I have never played the MGS series, but I have played Tom Clancy games. And I love 'em! So yes, I have some serious faith in Redstorm and Tom Clancy.

Liquid Gears
06-03-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Bouchinator33
from the screens i saw of SC (not many), it doesnt look like they could have possible stolen any more ideas from MGS the they did..but i would rather have MGS- ive been a big fan of that series since it first came out, maybe its the story lines, thats atleast one thing i dont think will be better about SC, if that means anything

Yeah man!! I totally agree with you. This game is such a rip-off from Metal Gear Solid. There's no way in heII it will kill Metal Gear Solid Substance. It's more like Metal Gear Solid Substance will kill Splinter Cell. My votes going to Metal Gear Solid Substance.

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 12:00 AM
i think tom clancy has been around a little bit lionger then MGS

Hugh_Jass
06-04-2002, 12:39 PM
I predict Splinter Cell will be better but both games will sell well.

SpartanSniper
06-05-2002, 04:31 AM
Both are going to be great but.......
http://www.geocities.com/dante_haven/SpartanSniperSig-------2.jpg

~ SpartanSniper

Halo of Flies
06-05-2002, 05:32 AM
What the hell is this osession with Tom Clancy? Games linked to him usually fall a bit short of the mark.

"tom clancy dont F around" - What are you on about? They guy is just a writer not Mike Tyson...

"i think tom clancy has been around a little bit longer then MGS" - So what? Should I get my gran to come up with a new stealth game?

Splinter Cell looks great and I hope it proves itself but I seriously doubt it'll top MGS2.

Frostberg
06-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies
What the hell is this osession with Tom Clancy? Games linked to him usually fall a bit short of the mark.
Nahhh

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Well i voted Splinter cell because i have MGS2 for the PS2 its good, but its not what its cracked up to be, there are way too many cut-scenes and less actual playing time. And you know Splinter Cell is slaying MGS2 when you hear Gamespot(of all people) said that it kills MGS2 in the area of stealth and that its gameplay is just as fun and its not even complete in that area. And they also stated that from the version that they have played the story line rivals the best of its genre. So right now my money's on Splinter Cell.

Untill next time...:mad:

X-Ray
06-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Another intrigueing game I read about an OXM or two ago is something like "Third Echelon" or somthing like that. OXM said it was "Clancyesque" and slated it to compete with MGS.

Bouchinator33
06-06-2002, 06:18 PM
eh, gamespot saying Splinter Cell is better, theres the untimate jynx for SC

SpartanSniper
06-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Bouchinator33
eh, gamespot saying Splinter Cell is better, theres the untimate jynx for SC

ROTFL.....true

http://atypically.net/smilies/dingus.gif
http://atypically.net/smilies/machinegun.gif
http://atypically.net/smilies/blaster.gif

~ SpartanSniper

MixMasta
06-06-2002, 10:48 PM
sc will be awesome, ill probably pick up both! when does sc come out?

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
sc will be awesome, ill probably pick up both! when does sc come out?

I'm going to get both too. And when do both come out??

~ SpartanSniper