PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Creator talks:

XboxGamers
06-03-2002, 08:49 PM
http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1023139094,36917,

Today we grabbed Pete Hines for a chat about Morrwind and why this major Xbox-Exclusive has been delayed.

[XBG] - Pete, with so much hype and anticipation surrounding this title, what can you tell us about the delay?

[Pete] - To be honest, not much. [Laughs] It's not gonna be that long.

[XBG] - Could you tell our fans what the delay is a result of?

[Pete] - This is how long it takes for a big game to go through the process it has to go through before it comes out. We can't talk about the process, or what it is, etc. We just aren't allowed to talk about any part of it. That's the deal. I think everyone assumes we've been developing it continuously all along, and we haven't. It's been done. A little work here and there, but for the most part it's just a lot of waiting.

[XBG] - Is it anything serious?

[Pete] - No, nothing serious. It's just a long process, and it's extra long because our game is so freaking big that it has to be tested extensively.

[XBG] - Can you tell us if Bethesda are developing any other titles for the Xbox?

[Pete] - Nothing announced. Absolutely, we're doing Sea Dogs 2 for Xbox. We're now handling the Xbox development for that, so I guess that's one we've announced.

[XBG] - So, you've other secret Xbox titles?

[Pete] - Games that we haven't announced that have been OK'd for Xbox development.

[XBG] - Ok - excellent. Thanks very much Pete.

[Pete] - You're welcome, gotta run!

So there you have it guys, We have just exclusively confirmed:

1 =- Morrowind will not take long until its released

2 =- The cause of the delay is nothing serious

3 =- Bethesda are developing several other titles for the xbox. One of which is Sea Dogs 2.

Nerrad529
06-04-2002, 03:35 AM
Can't wait for a rpg game I'am dying!

chili325
06-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Thanks 4 the post. At least we know there will be a lot less bugs if theyve been working on problems all this time.