PDA

View Full Version : Changing your XBox name

l Maximus l
06-03-2002, 09:03 PM
I haven't changed my XBox name...it's still "The Bear", however, a good buddy of mine let me borrow DOA3 which I understand allows you to change your XBox's birth name.

Could someone tell me how to do it?

ScorpionX
06-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Get a high score in survival mode, it is sooo easy, it took me like 5 minutes. It can only be 8 characters though.

l Maximus l
06-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Nice! I thought I had to do story mode...I kept playing the chick that was naked at the end :D

Marc
06-03-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey man, what do you mean your xbox name? How do you find out your xbox name?

ScorpionX
06-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Marc
Hey man, what do you mean your xbox name? How do you find out your xbox name?

If you play Halo multiplayer, on the screen where it shows the game info(players, level, etc) there is a name above your Xbox.

Marc
06-03-2002, 09:32 PM
So the only way to find your xbox name is to play Halo Multiplayer?

hook-worm J
06-04-2002, 12:02 AM
hehe, I just found out that my xbox's name is "Walla Walla"

l Maximus l
06-04-2002, 12:55 AM
Hook Worm...ironically, Walla Walla is a name of a town in Eastern Washington State!

By the way, I tried Survival Mode and it asked me if I wanted to create a new save or save under "The Bear", and it won't let me change "The Bear", which is my XBox name.

When I created the second name, which was "Maximus", I put in Halo to see if it worked and it didn't change. It's still "The Bear". Am I doing something wrong?
:confused:

SkoalMint
06-04-2002, 05:15 AM
I'm not sure what the problem is Max, but FYI for everyone else (and I'm sure alot of you already know this), but you can change your name using the DOA demo on one of the OXM disks. At least it worked for me. Just use the same technique as you would use with the full version of the game.

Afro Aura
06-04-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I haven't changed my XBox name...it's still "The Bear", however, a good buddy of mine let me borrow DOA3 which I understand allows you to change your XBox's birth name.

Could someone tell me how to do it?
Yeah I can give you some help now
OK to change the name all you have to do is to go into "Survival Mode" and get a decent score, after that there should be 2 boxes the first box will have your XBOXs birth name and the next box will be blank this is where you change the name of your XBOX

Afro Aura
06-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Hook Worm...ironically, Walla Walla is a name of a town in Eastern Washington State!

By the way, I tried Survival Mode and it asked me if I wanted to create a new save or save under "The Bear", and it won't let me change "The Bear", which is my XBox name.

When I created the second name, which was "Maximus", I put in Halo to see if it worked and it didn't change. It's still "The Bear". Am I doing something wrong?
:confused:
Oh Dear I hear you can only change your XBOXes name only once and thats it

silvertrace
06-04-2002, 01:20 PM
u can change your xbox name w/moto gp;)

u don't have to beat a high score or anything, just create a rider and that name will become your new xbox name:eek:

Kooster
06-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Can u change ur name w/ Cel Damage? If so, how?

SkoalMint
06-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Oh Dear I hear you can only change your XBOXes name only once and thats it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can change it as many times as you want. However, I believe that you won't be able to change your XBox Live name. I could be wrong about that too.

E-Xbox
06-04-2002, 02:28 PM
try time attack maybe
and dont change the bear man
add a new high score name
and that should change your xbox's name

peace

Fixxer
06-04-2002, 04:17 PM
My xbox is named Jack.... I guess they are implying "Jack in the box"??? :D

E-Xbox
06-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Fixxer
My xbox is named Jack.... I guess they are implying "Jack in the box"??? :D
lmao!!
yo man!
i love your avatar!
pimp!

peace

Plewis
06-04-2002, 04:54 PM
u cant change it in cel damage to my knowledge.. but ive changed my name multiple times and it is now cheech. I traded DOA3 away though so i cant change it anymore

l Maximus l
06-04-2002, 05:54 PM
I figured it out! All I did was go to the Survival mode on DOA3 and create a new save: "Maximus". I think I messed up the first time because I saved it on "The Bear" nickname after I saved it on the "Maximus" nickname...so, I think it went back or something! Oh well...I have it fixed now, though!! Thanks again for your help everyone! :)

E-Xbox
06-04-2002, 06:02 PM
I figured it out! All I did was go to the Survival mode on DOA3 and create a new save: "Maximus". I think I messed up the first time because I saved it on "The Bear" nickname after I saved it on the "Maximus" nickname...so, I think it went back or something! Oh well...I have it fixed now, though!! Thanks again for your help everyone! :)

thats what i said..
geez..
some people...

peace

Alien
06-04-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
u cant change it in cel damage to my knowledge.. but ive changed my name multiple times and it is now cheech. I traded DOA3 away though so i cant change it anymore You can always rent it.

Snoopy7548
06-04-2002, 06:15 PM
my xbox's name is Chris, i think. :D

Wu3000
06-04-2002, 06:30 PM
okay man this works for me.
all i do is load your usual game of doa3.
theres an option that lets you reset high scores, or records.
do this and the default scores will replace the ones you made.
after this you can play any mode that keeps score.
i play arcade untill i get first place. you should get the high score about 5 guys through. just put what ever name you want in 1st place. there you go.

ive never used survival to change my name. but i change box name almost every week. hope this helps.

oh yeah and you can use the demo of doa3 i herd too.

oh yeah, nice game last nice maximus. i tweaked my connection after we played last night so next time it should run alittle smoother. later man.

Wu3000
06-04-2002, 06:33 PM
my xbox name changes all the time but it always likes GOT POT? the best.

(FYI) im the only person in the world to name their box GOT POT?. so dont bite my Schit. please dont bite my Schit.

later all

Lethaldose12
06-04-2002, 06:41 PM
you can also change your xbox name with the game motogp. Ive changed my xbox name 2 or 3 times now with that game.