PDA

View Full Version : PC Gaming vs XBOX

mercsix
06-03-2002, 11:26 PM
I love my XBOX and I love my computer and I see PC gamers bad mouthing console gamers and vice versa. I thought about this and thought about how I game on each. When I game on my PC I game alone in my office in the dark in front of a monitor in an office chair. When I game on my XBOX I sit in my living room gaming against my wife or friends on a couch in front of a huge TV. When I install a game on my PC I keep my fingers crossed hoping all my drivers will work and it will run. I just put the disc in my XBOX. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't give my PC up for anything but when it comes to gaming I prefer my XBOX. Does this make me a lesser gamer? or maybe just lazy?

Buy the way I have a screaming PC faster than 95% of the hardcore PC gamers have I'm sure. But I love gaming on my XBOX more.

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Back in the day (before Xbox) I owned other consoles, but I was mainly a PC gamer...mainly because I played hardcore flight sims that could not be found on the consoles. But once Xbox came out....my "State of the art" PC was not so state of the art....about a year old, and i was sick of the 1 year life of a PC so I got an Xbox, and have not turned back since!:cool:
But by all means, if you have a FAST PC then use it. There are some excellent PC games. And until XBL launches, PC multiplayer is superior to console.

mercsix
06-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Don't get me wrong I would much rather game on my XBOX than a PC anyday. Damn Xtopia your post count is going up fast don't you have a job? You need to get out more. LOL

Nerrad529
06-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Pc games are games fun. But the xbox blows it away. They are the only 2 systems I game on. I do wanna get medal of honor for the computer though.

hook-worm J
06-04-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Nerrad529
Pc games are games fun. But the xbox blows it away.

Hmmm, I wouldn't say that xbox "blows it away" ......

LynxFX
06-04-2002, 01:17 AM
I like gaming on both and I'm a PC gamer more than a console gamer. The Xbox is my first console since the first playstation and I only bought that because I was in college and didn't have a PC.

I like the Xbox for the ease of use and playing on the bigscreen in the living room but I would never give up the flexability of PC gaming.

I never have to cross my finger when installing a game. They always work.

I'm just glad I can have both. :)

TEA
06-04-2002, 01:51 AM
I'm a console gamer(Xbox),really b/c I don't like using Keyboards and mouses,I stick with the stick(Controller)(Really never liked the Pc Controller).N Plus my CPU is never at its prime and I don't want(want meaning too broke) to buy acccessories for my computer.I use Computer for webbing and music.So I keep my distance from PC gaming.:)

UltraMuffin
06-04-2002, 09:30 AM
I decided to get an Xbox instead of continuing to upgrade my PC whenever it got outdated. I sit in the same spot whether I'm playing my PC or Xbox... but I still prefer playing games on my TV and with a controller. There are certain games that work better for PC though... the ones that benefit most from using a mouse, like real-time strategy games and some RPGs. But, I have found that half the games I install on my computer these days have blatent problems and incompatibility issues and sometimes don't even work at all... I love just popping games in the Xbox and picking up the controller :D

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 09:37 AM
UltraMuffin . . .M mmmmm . . . . breakfast . . . Doh

stratagy games like Warcraft II and C&C(The original) r beter for a PC and thats about it . . . .

Alien
06-04-2002, 10:03 AM
I play games on my PC and my Xbox about equal lenght. For my PC, I mostly play RTS, because there isn't any for Xbox....and RTS console games aren't good at all. But I play Xbox just as much, to me, they're about equal in fun.

Slacker
06-04-2002, 01:06 PM
I Like PC gaming but I do agree that Xbox gaming is easier and more fluid, I bought Rainbow six and Didn't look at the specs and notice that my ATI Graphics card doesn't work on rainbow six because Rainbow six only supports certain Cards,,,,,so that basically turned me off for awhile so I figured My Graphic card sucked even though my computer was New, so I stuck with the old stand By. Lords of the realm, and Ceasae three, and Red Baron 3D,,, they always work

I bought an Xbox because I was sick of PC Gaming,

Xtopia
06-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by mercsix
Don't get me wrong I would much rather game on my XBOX than a PC anyday. Damn Xtopia your post count is going up fast don't you have a job? You need to get out more. LOL

Lol, Im 14. And I do have a job: I mow lawns! But school JUST got out, so I have been plurging. LoL. Plus, I leave for the University of Denver to take AP classes shortly, and that is all work no play, so I have to work hard & play hard...know what I mean? LoL

~nVidia~
06-04-2002, 03:58 PM
I don't know who is blowing who, but the lady in hook worm's

sig. can BLOW me.

TEA
06-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Yeah Hookworm J hook me up with your lady friend in your sig.she looks to be a Xbox fan.:D

faceoff508
06-04-2002, 06:10 PM
I like pc games and Xbox games. They are both very enjoyable!!