PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Ships!!!! FINALLY!!!

Chaotic
06-04-2002, 06:25 AM
Well just got my EB verfication and my Morrowind order has shipped!!! So guys looks like the wait is over!!!! Should have this game by tomorrow.

Toast
06-04-2002, 09:09 AM
are you sure?

anybody else call thei eb?

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 09:11 AM
when i get home from work im going stright to the mall and im gunna talk the guys at EB to give me my copy tonight

Toast
06-04-2002, 09:12 AM
i just went to eb.com
and it says it ships 6/5/02 now!

Chaotic
06-04-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Tweety
i just went to eb.com

Ummm, i got the email this morning saying my card was charged and my product has shipped. :confused:

studepaber
06-04-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Tweety
i just went to eb.com

Why must Bethesda toy with our emotions!?!?

thedrisc
06-04-2002, 10:00 AM
I got an email today from EB saying there was something wrong with my morrowind order. so I called them. they had the wrong numbers for my credit card. they fixed the problem and said the product was shipped today. woooo hooooo finally. :D

JJaX
06-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Why havent i gotten my E-mail yet......... :(

I checked my order on ebgames.com and i ordered it on 05/05/02
I best get my tomorrow or im gonna be one angry bloke! :mad:

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 10:23 AM
i dunno about this crap but read this:

Rockville, MD - June 4, 2002 - Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7. The PC version of Morrowind, released in May, has already won numerous awards and critical acclaim for its outstanding graphics and groundbreaking gameplay.

heres the link (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=451043&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

Kooster
06-04-2002, 11:05 AM
U guys, I just got an e-mail from Bethseda:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for Xbox Headed to Stores

Highly Anticipated RPG to Arrive in Stores This Friday

Rockville, MD - June 4, 2002 - Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7. The PC version of Morrowind, released in May, has already won numerous awards and critical acclaim for its outstanding graphics and groundbreaking gameplay.

Morrowind is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG in which a player can create and play any kind of character imaginable. Players can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on their own to explore strange locations and develop their character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind promises to be an experience like no other.

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 11:07 AM
heres the catch . . . . catch (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=451173&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=)

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 11:27 AM
catch?

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
catch?

yeah catch fool as in . . . . . the game will be in ALL stores friday but the catch is some stores will have it tomarrow . . .

Master Gracey
06-04-2002, 11:38 AM
So I guess it's finally official! It's on XBA's main page, and it's also on the official Morrowind site's main page. I'll be going to the stores every day in case some have it earlier. :D

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 11:47 AM
Oh, catch, i get ya...i was looking for something bad...this is good actually. :)

Frink
06-04-2002, 11:50 AM
I just called my local Software Etc. (where mine is reserved) and they said that it shipped today and they will have it tommorrow.

JJaX
06-04-2002, 12:01 PM
I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE!

I LIKE PIE!

monkeyman
06-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE! I LIKE PIE!

I LIKE PIE!

wtf?

i called the circuit city by me they said it will be in stores tommorow the 5th

im so ****ing confused:confused:

aronx
06-04-2002, 03:25 PM
I got a call from the Morrowind Director and she said the game has been cancelled because, and I quote, "the game licks giant terd testicles".

Chaotic
06-04-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by aronx
I got a call from the Morrowind Director and she said the game has been cancelled because, and I quote, "the game licks giant terd testicles".

LMAO!!! :rolleyes:

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 03:31 PM

thats funny ur mom called me last night and canceled our meeting cauz of the same reason . . . well not the game licking testicles . . . but she was

aronx
06-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

thats funny ur mom called me last night and canceled our meeting cauz of the same reason . . . well not the game licking testicles . . . but she was

yeah, thats true, she was licking my dads testicles and he was pumping your dad in the azz.

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 04:16 PM

yeah, thats true, she was licking my dads testicles and he was pumping your dad in the azz.

so your dad robs graves and rapes dead bodies . . . . . thats sickening

Shorezy
06-04-2002, 04:24 PM
FINALLY! THE WAIT IS OVER!!

Nerrad529
06-04-2002, 04:57 PM
It's about time fellow gamers. Can't wait

faceoff508
06-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7. The PC version of Morrowind, released in May, has already won numerous awards and critical acclaim for its outstanding graphics and groundbreaking gameplay.

Morrowind is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG in which a player can create and play any kind of character imaginable. Players can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on their own to explore strange locations and develop their character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind promises to be an experience like no other.

----TEAMXBOX

aronx
06-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7. The PC version of Morrowind, released in May, has already won numerous awards and critical acclaim for its outstanding graphics and groundbreaking gameplay.

----TEAMXBOX

Thanks for the cut n' paste job.

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Terd? Im sure you mean 'Turd'...

jschelm
06-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Well, I guess I will have to call EBGames and find out what the deal is. I ordered mine back in april and it still hasn't said that it will ship!

Dang it

E-Vader
06-04-2002, 07:07 PM
:( Just a couple more months to go then

JJaX
06-05-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jschelm
Well, I guess I will have to call EBGames and find out what the deal is. I ordered mine back in april and it still hasn't said that it will ship!

Dang it

go to http://www.ebgames.com
Make sure you're logged in and look at 'my orders'

Also if you handle your Credit Card bills online you will see you card has been charged as of 06/04/02 not the day you ordered it back in april

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 08:59 AM

go to http://www.ebgames.com
Make sure you're logged in and look at 'my orders'

Also if you handle your Credit Card bills online you will see you card has been charged as of 06/04/02 not the day you ordered it back in april

Actually jjax it depends on his method of placing his order. When I ordered mine by phone (because I did not want my credit card number on the net at work) the customer service chick said the only wasI could check the statis of my order is over the phone because that is how I placed it.
If he ordered his off of eb's site the he does need to check it online wit hthe order number you recieve once you sumit the final link to have your order placed.:)

mahalan
06-05-2002, 09:11 AM
I couldn't wait to play this so I upgraded my video card and bought the PC version.

Big mistake.

The graphics are great. The early game is really interesting. Beyond that things go downhill FAST.

The combat system is completely unbalanced. Without trying, you become invincible after about 20-30 hours of playtime. There's too much great equipment lying around. Your skills become phenomenal compared to the monsters in the game (80% of them are geared towards early level play). You start to dread confrontation because it's just a waste of time.

The roleplaying aspects are also lacking. Unless you just want to talk to NPCs and read books all time, it's pointless. Hardly anyone notices when you complete any major quests. Rise to the top of a guild or house, who cares? Save the world, ditto.

Some people call this open ended. I call it a lack of development. Open ended is when you're free to do anything and the world actually changes based upon your choices. In Morrowind, you're free to do anything because nothing you do matters.

Save your money and time. Wait for KOTOR or Project Ego where you may end up getting a game worthy of the prerelease hype.

Nerrad529
06-05-2002, 09:13 AM
Can't wait till I get some money. Been waiting for a role playing game for awhile now. :cool:

Woocifer
06-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mahalan
I couldn't wait to play this so I upgraded my video card and bought the PC version.

Big mistake.

The graphics are great. The early game is really interesting. Beyond that things go downhill FAST.

The combat system is completely unbalanced. Without trying, you become invincible after about 20-30 hours of playtime. There's too much great equipment lying around. Your skills become phenomenal compared to the monsters in the game (80% of them are geared towards early level play). You start to dread confrontation because it's just a waste of time.

The roleplaying aspects are also lacking. Unless you just want to talk to NPCs and read books all time, it's pointless. Hardly anyone notices when you complete any major quests. Rise to the top of a guild or house, who cares? Save the world, ditto.

Some people call this open ended. I call it a lack of development. Open ended is when you're free to do anything and the world actually changes based upon your choices. In Morrowind, you're free to do anything because nothing you do matters.

Save your money and time. Wait for KOTOR or Project Ego where you may end up getting a game worthy of the prerelease hype.

Wow Mahalan I just basically wrote the same thing in the other thread floating around the top here... I find it kinda lack lustre too in that they don't give you anything for what you do...instead you have to constantly read more and more of the same crud again and again... :(

Its cool for the first few hours because the scripted ideas of the game are interesting. But you soon find out that NOTHING really comes back to haunt you or help you UNLESS you kill someone... I might just cancel my order :(

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer

Wow Mahalan I just basically wrote the same thing in the other thread floating around the top here... I find it kinda lack lustre too in that they don't give you anything for what you do...instead you have to constantly read more and more of the same crud again and again... :(

Its cool for the first few hours because the scripted ideas of the game are interesting. But you soon find out that NOTHING really comes back to haunt you or help you UNLESS you kill someone... I might just cancel my order :(

D@MN YO!:( Two XBA addicts dissed this joint. This is not the first I have heard about this game.
If it is this boring the Xbox version cant be no better.
Now im starting to second guess this game.:o

batman46st
06-05-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

D@MN YO!:( Two XBA addicts dissed this joint. This is not the first I have heard about this game.
If it is this boring the Xbox version cant be no better.
Now im starting to second guess this game.:o
SCROLL dude this game i think wont be like raw for us remember the day u and me where like oh my god!!!! wat the beeeeeep is this ish.... well dude i dont think this game is gonna bum its won awards and such decent scores in a lot of threads ive researched my ass off...... my opinion it will be victoriouse still wish we had ff seriese on the x tho....

Spaztic
06-05-2002, 09:53 AM
dude I told all of you guys that this game was going to be like this before they even released the pc version! I am not suprised by this at all, it is in the developers blood to make lack luster games, they are just following there past. I knew a game that claimed over 200 hrs. of gameplay couldn't keep anyone immersed in the game! I will wait till this one hits the bargin bin!

Woocifer
06-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Now hang on... you'll like it A LOT for the first little while... Actually you'll probably think its BRILLIANT. I am just sayin that it dies off because of the lack of impact anything has on anything else. Otherwise you'll think its an amazing game...

Maybe I just got frustrated, who knows....make the decision for yourself. I liked it a lot when I first played it...played it some more...got a little frustrated and annoyed...then stopped because I didnt want to ruin the xbox experience of it...

JJaX
06-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Now hang on... you'll like it A LOT for the first little while... Actually you'll probably think its BRILLIANT. I am just sayin that it dies off because of the lack of impact anything has on anything else. Otherwise you'll think its an amazing game...

Maybe I just got frustrated, who knows....make the decision for yourself. I liked it a lot when I first played it...played it some more...got a little frustrated and annoyed...then stopped because I didnt want to ruin the xbox experience of it...

Maybe you have ADD???

(no im not trying to be a smart ass)

studepaber
06-05-2002, 12:21 PM

Maybe you have ADD???

I hope I can slay Christina Aguilera monsters in MW.

Master Gracey
06-05-2002, 12:28 PM

You'd best quit this... you're making me want the game even more than ever! :D I don't mind searching endlessly for things to do, nor do I mind combat getting really easy. I'm the type that always turns games on at their easiest setting. Too much difficulty makes me extremely frustrated, and I have a very low frustration tolerance when it comes to video games. There's nothing I hate more than having to do the same thing over and over again. At least in Morrowind, you can experiment because of its non-linearity.

The only thing that sucks is that I've had the past week off from work (my boss's dad died) and I have to go back Monday. Saturday is my sister's birthday, so I'm not going to get much time with this game... if they'd only released on Tuesday like a normal game! :mad:

Xtopia
06-05-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

You'd best quit this... you're making me want the game even more than ever! :D I don't mind searching endlessly for things to do, nor do I mind combat getting really easy. I'm the type that always turns games on at their easiest setting. Too much difficulty makes me extremely frustrated, and I have a very low frustration tolerance when it comes to video games. There's nothing I hate more than having to do the same thing over and over again. At least in Morrowind, you can experiment because of its non-linearity.

Same here! LoL. When I read your political beliefs, I thought would never have anything in common (except that we like Xbox):D But It looks like we do. LoL

Woocifer
06-05-2002, 12:45 PM

Maybe you have ADD???

Smartass.. :P hehehe Nah I dont have ADD...Like I said I had to stop myself from playing the game so I wouldnt either a) overplay it and not want to play the xbox version(yes its possible, its not THAT open ended) or b) I was just getting bored with the quests I had and started to wander around...which basically ruined the continuity of the game later on. Looking around is kinda cool, but when you go to towns before the story like kinda wants you to? It ruins the other story lines...if that makes sense...kinda like GTA3....you play it for an hour or so, get to mission you dont feel like doing and then kill stuff for another hour...totally wearing the fun factor down, but kinda enjoying it at the same time...

That's what I'd say this is like. That and the two characters I made were ****ing me off :)

So take that Jax of the J ;) hehe And for the others getting excited? Well good, I hope you enjoy the game. I'm not trying to ruin it, as I said you will REALLY like it in the beginning...but it went kinda saugy in milk after a good 20 hours. Which is still pretty sweet none the less...

Now...who wants to touch me....I SAID WHO WANTS TO FACKIN TOUCH ME!

DZNUTZ
06-05-2002, 01:52 PM
it better be good...i too have been debating cancelling my order.
i just don't have enuff time to play all the good games on all my sytems....i TRY to only buy "must owns"...and MW better be one.

Master Gracey
06-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Same here! LoL. When I read your political beliefs, I thought would never have anything in common (except that we like Xbox):D But It looks like we do. LoL

LOL! :D So you don't like those frustrating games either, eh?

Talk about frustrating... I went to Circuit City today to get a new mouse and decided to ask the people in there about Morrowind. They said there was a manufacturer's delay and it'd be in either the 13th or 14th!!! :mad: Guess I'll just have to find somewhere else. Their $39.99 sale is only good until the 10th...

mahalan
06-05-2002, 02:16 PM
You guys want to know why I started to really dislike the game? After about 30 hours of play (no "powergaming"), my character became invincible. I'd reached the top of two houses and decided to finish out the main quest. Piece of cake.

I continue adventuring seeing places I'd never seen before and everyone's still rude to me. I figure, what the hell??? I'm the leader to two houses (Telvanni and fighters) and I just saved the world. Who are you to talk to me like that? So, I kill him. Now, the guards want me. I figure what the hell, these people should be worshipping me, not trying to throw my butt in jail so I kill them too.

Now, I can't go into a town without guards all over my butt. So, I kill them as well. Out of curiosity, I decided to decimate an entire town. No problem.

My character's level is in its late 30s early 40s and he's already a god. Nothing can stand up to him including entire cities. Did I choose to make him an evil character? No. He just became one because his good deeds did nothing to earn him respect.

Do I enjoy playing this character? No. It's really boring. I can continue the same boring quests (mainly FedEx type tasks), read some 3rd rate books that are part of the game, or play something else. I'll choose the latter.

XboxGamers
06-05-2002, 02:16 PM
WOOOO!! I can't wait!!!

Hey there is one review on the front on Morrowind.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/released.php?Product_ID=148

Location Purchased: Eb World
Summary
Overall: 5.0
Gameplay: 5.0
Visual: 5.0
Sound: 5.0
Hype: 5
eXcitement: 5

General / Summary: This game is aboutsolutely one of the best games known to man. It is so fun. You can tell its fun because i've been up all night playing it.

Gameplay: Awesome, No doubt about it, this game is superb. The inital fmv, and then gameplay really set up the story for a great rpg.

Visual: WOW! This games graphics are one of a kind. The open world and truly superb graphics make this game the best xbox game i've ever played.

Sound: This game has a truly amazing soundtrack that you can never get tired of. Unfortunately, It is a little short. But that is the criticizing remark i can make.

Suggestions to Developer: None, They've done a perfect job.

khaos2005
06-05-2002, 02:46 PM
How do you figure he has played for over 20 hours already, before the game has shipped?

He posted it on the 4th, meaning he got it sometime on the 3rd. I think that's just BS, unless he is a special case. I could be wrong, it just doesn't seem right.

thorpe420
06-05-2002, 02:56 PM
I dont think i would like this game too much

mtbaird5687
06-05-2002, 04:50 PM
1 question for people who have morrowind. is there somethign that keeps track of how many hrs youve played?

robnyack
06-05-2002, 06:52 PM
I never like those reviews on xboxaddict. It usually is a fanboy who just got home with his game, played it for about 10 minutes, is all jazzed, and just has to get online and tell the word what a great game it is.

Of course, 10 hrs of gameplay later, the game lies in the corner as he goes back to playing Halo. :)