PDA

View Full Version : Xbox europe...

Kuni D
01-18-2001, 07:23 PM
I'm very sad to see that there will be no XBox in europe before 2002. It seems we're always left till last in the computer industry, the US and Japan getting ahead.
I can't see the XBox being accepted in the UK if they miss the christmas rush.
Esp in 2001 christmas, when the PS2 prices wouldve come down a notch, games being more widely available (GT2000, GT3, The GetAway, etc)and wider machine availability.

Tom
01-24-2001, 07:18 AM
sad for ya man. :( But, what about overseas orders? :)

Kuni D
01-24-2001, 09:25 AM
:) As usual LOL

Like the new look BTW.

John
01-24-2001, 03:32 PM
As much as it sucks for Kuni and the rest of the gang, I doubt the European market poses too serious a threat to a console developer... I mean, wasn't the Sega Master System the most popular system over there for a while?

For a product like Xbox to get its feet wet in the industry, it must be popular in America and Japan. After that, it's pretty much history.

John/SV
01-31-2001, 08:03 AM
I agree that Microsoft will be making a big mistake by waiting until 2002 to release the Xbox in the u.k. In a years time the PS2 prices will be dropping and if ms do miss the xmas rush there could be problems trying to sell the console in the u.k. :(

Armacham
01-31-2001, 05:22 PM
Seen Ghostbusters 2 a few times, John/SV?
Great sig!

Samwise
02-04-2001, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by John
As much as it sucks for Kuni and the rest of the gang, I doubt the European market poses too serious a threat to a console developer... I mean, wasn't the Sega Master System the most popular system over there for a while?
Actually the European market is very important. Sony sold MORE Playstations in Europe than in the US. I still think it's a stupid move by MS as it would mean even stronger support for PlayStation 2 here. The market has potential to get even bigger, so MS surely does not want to miss that market.

Kuni D
02-07-2001, 08:25 AM
Microsoft is american, so of course you guys will get the console first thing. japan is the central hub for all things console related, so its very important. Now europe falls under the category of huge mass sales.

I believe it would be in microsofts interests if they planned a world wide release, instead of a tiered release system.

A lot of people were angry around the release of the PS2, (myself included), but its a "playstation". The first one was awesome. so your gonna want the second. microsoft doesnt have this advantage, so its crucial...imperitive that they get the xbox in europe for the christmas rush.
People dont buy these highprice consumer novelties during the january-march times, as theyve just spent a bomb on christmas.

Kids will whine, "daddy i want one!" and daddy will respond, "ill get it for christmas tiger".

Tom
02-07-2001, 08:29 AM
Kuni you speak much truth. I was hoping to see a world wide roll out. The market in Europe is such a huge market for mass sales.