PDA

View Full Version : Which games would you make "Xbox Only"?

tWoTOMA
06-04-2002, 11:10 AM
In my opinion, Xbox should buy some Xbox exclusives, instead of just have thier own software company make them. Don't get me wrong, keep pumping out games like Halo, but buy some exclusives like Sony did with GTA. My picks for "Xbox Only" series':

Mortal Kombat to compete with VF
SegaGT to compete with GT
Tyson Boxing to compete with Knockout Kings
Silent Hill to compete with RE
Sonic to compete with Mario, Metroit, Rygar, etc.
True Crimes to compete with GTA
Future Max Paynes - this woud really be a kick to Sony's nutz. It was a PS2 best-seller for a while. If we steal it, it could hurt them.

And MSFT, continue to produce great games like Brute Force, Rallisport Challenge, Halo, Blinx, etc. You've dont a good job with Nanja Gaiden, Project Ego, Star Wars KOTOR, but we need huge titles like those above to really make a move in the console wars.

techie
06-04-2002, 11:20 AM
That's easy...all games should be Xbox exclusives.
Why? Cause everything else is just a toy!

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 11:22 AM
I dont care much for Max payne. The controls are horrible...I despise walking and strafing with the same joystick...and it's single player only...so where's the replay value?

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
i think that the Xbox has some good exclusivis i mean GC has the most but they r all played out. . .
PoS2 has some but they really cant compete with the next gen games in development for the box right now or the huge force behind XBL that will fluch the PoS2 down the toliet . . . only the number of people that own PS2's keeps them on top and keeps developers interested in them. . . . i mean just cauz there is so many more units out there(PS2) make there console the better market for a product but i really dont care too much about the war cauz it keeps all the companies on their toes(3 price drops within a week) . . .i just want some killer games to play . . . . . online:cool:

techie
06-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Actually, I really don't care if there are Xbox exclusives
or not. We need competition, and the programmers
need to be able to sell enough titles on different platforms
to keep enough revenue coming in to support designing
new games.

But, as long as they are going to make games multi-
platform, they should put the effort into making sure
that the Xbox version is by far and away the best
possible version to get. Better quality textures and
videos, more things on screen at the same time, and
higher resolutions, ie: HDTV support.

These are the things that will set the Xbox apart from
the rest and eventually prove that it is the better platform
for gaming. I think when the online service becomes
available and future titles really start coming out, a
lot of people will change their minds about the Xbox.

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by techie
Actually, I really don't care if there are Xbox exclusives
or not.

. . . they should put the effort into making sure
that the Xbox version is by far and away the best
possible version to get. Better quality textures and
videos, more things on screen at the same time, and
higher resolutions, ie: HDTV support.

when a game is built from the start to be an Xbox game, the game will prob utilize the hardware better(i.e. better textures and higher frame rate and resolutions and such like u said) then a game being made for a mulit platform realease . . . . . . if a game is excusive for xbox and then goes to other platforms thats cool to as long as they made the xbox version first and down graded it for others

tWoTOMA
06-04-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure you're so right about people changing to Xbox when it goes online. I'm a diehard Xbox fan, but I'm not going to subscribe to Xbox Live. On top of the ridiculous price for broadband, I'm going to have to pay $50 a month to play games online, and still pay $50 per game. Hogwash. Either MS drops games to $20 or drops the price of Live to $20 bucks or I forget Xbox live is even around. There's no way of justifying the prices of games and online services together. One has to drop significantly.

I'm very excited about online gaming, but I'm horrified of the prices. PS2 has a better strategy, in which people use dialup adapters to play games online. Sony will not have any sort of network; they will leave the developers to come up with an online strategy. And it will be free! All you'll need is the Sony PS2 modem and online-ready games. If you have the chocice between free online gaming for a system you already own and $100 a month, $200 console, and $50 per game, which would you choose?

True MS will have better and faster technology as far as both games and online play, but is the price reasonable? And will ANY casual gamer be up for it?

BTW, there are only 8-12 million broadband users in America today. There are about 5-6 million Xboxes (Xboxi, Xboxs, ?). What are the odds that all Xbox owners have broadband or that any of them will subscribe to broadband just to play Xbox games?

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 11:44 AM
I think that miltiplatform games should all be the same, except for the PS2 games. The developers should make them for the Xbox first, and then downgrade them for the PS2, because everyone knows that a crappy second rate system cant handle the power of the Xbox.

SkoalMint
06-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
On top of the ridiculous price for broadband, I'm going to have to pay $50 a month to play games online, and still pay $50 per game.

Unless something has changed, it's not $50/month to subscribe to XBox Live. It's $50 for the first year and that includes the Communicator and a game. After that It is going to be $10/month.

tWoTOMA
06-04-2002, 11:52 AM
I didn't know the price would drop to $10, but that's a completely different story. Although I'll have to pay $600 over the first year, I might consider subsrcribing. Thanks.

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
I'm not sure you're so right about people changing to Xbox when it goes online. I'm a diehard Xbox fan, but I'm not going to subscribe to Xbox Live. On top of the ridiculous price for broadband, I'm going to have to pay $50 a month to play games online, and still pay $50 per game. Hogwash. Either MS drops games to $20 or drops the price of Live to $20 bucks or I forget Xbox live is even around. There's no way of justifying the prices of games and online services together. One has to drop significantly.

I'm very excited about online gaming, but I'm horrified of the prices. PS2 has a better strategy, in which people use dialup adapters to play games online. Sony will not have any sort of network; they will leave the developers to come up with an online strategy. And it will be free! All you'll need is the Sony PS2 modem and online-ready games. If you have the chocice between free online gaming for a system you already own and $100 a month, $200 console, and $50 per game, which would you choose?

True MS will have better and faster technology as far as both games and online play, but is the price reasonable? And will ANY casual gamer be up for it?

BTW, there are only 8-12 million broadband users in America today. There are about 5-6 million Xboxes (Xboxi, Xboxs, ?). What are the odds that all Xbox owners have broadband or that any of them will subscribe to broadband just to play Xbox games?

im not sure that ur right in anytihing u said there . . .$50 a month r u stupid or u cant read or both??? its $50 for a game, a voice communicator and a YEAR(thats 12 whole months) of XBL . . . thats what a starter kit will consist of and cost. . . . yeah sony really has a good idea let the developers handle it . . . LoL . . . thats funny

as for upgarding to broadband . . . well thats ur own call i just recently did and it is great . . . if u wanta live in a 56k world and tie up the phone line forever thats ur choice but u will have to upgrade eventually . . .modems will one day be obsolite . . .

because mirco is makign a system for ALL games u get to choose 1 user name and thats it for all games, have buddy lists, voice communication alone shows how serious MS is about this and by far how much better Xbox Live will be then anyting sony will put out. . . . . for sony u will need to register for each company putting out an online game and maybe for each game as well(not to mention the price of modem and HD adapters . . . $120). . . . u sould get your facts stright beore u come on here and make a fool of your self

$50 a month . . . LoL

tWoTOMA
06-04-2002, 12:07 PM
I thought it was $50 a month not %50 for a year. Like Opium Nitrate said...LOL. That price islaughable and that's why I said I wouldn't sign up. But now that I got my facts straight, I think this could be a good thing. :p .

As for OpiumNitrate, **** you. Since you're such a hardass behind a keyboard, let me do the same. I was wrong, so what. I didn't know ***s like you get so offended when someone misunderstands something.

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 12:21 PM
Im gonna play some Xbox games online for sure. Midtown Madness 3, Unreal Championship, PROJECT EGO!

not to mention tactical shooters, like Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 III...

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 12:25 PM
i didnt get offended but that $50 starter kit was posted here like 100 times. . it was on the XBA home page and every other video game source on the net that even remotly covered E3 . . . . . and then u come along in with your . . "Xbox live is $50 a month thats outragous" and "Sony has a better idea, leave it up to the developers cauz its free" . . . more like sony is lazy . . . . but that whole post u wrote could have been avoided if u just did some research at xbox.com or something . . . . i accually think its funny when people have no idea what they r talkin about yet make statments like u did . . .

its like, "well i havent seen the moive spider-man yet or even seen the trailer yet, but im not going to play $8 to see that ****y movie, that moive sucks"

chili325
06-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
i didnt get offended but that $50 starter kit was posted here like 100 times. . it was on the XBA home page and every other video game source on the net that even remotly covered E3 . . . . . and then u come along in with your . . "Xbox live is $50 a month thats outragous" and "Sony has a better idea, leave it up to the developers cauz its free" . . . more like sony is lazy . . . . but that whole post u wrote could have been avoided if u just did some research at xbox.com or something . . . . i accually think its funny when people have no idea what they r talkin about yet make statments like u did . . .

its like, "well i havent seen the moive spider-man yet or even seen the trailer yet, but im not going to play $8 to see that ****y movie, that moive sucks"
Now boys, play nice!

Xbox Owner
06-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Every stinkin one of them.

UltimateAg
06-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I dont care much for Max payne. The controls are horrible...I despise walking and strafing with the same joystick...and it's single player only...so where's the replay value?

Max Payne IMHO was awesome on the pc but totally sucked on Xbox.

UltimateAg
06-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Nerrad529
06-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Twotoma your sig is funny as hell. As far as the exclusives go, they definately need some more to show Sony what the deal is. Brute force is gonna kick some ass and so is unreal championship.

EHWfedPres
06-04-2002, 05:06 PM
I dont understand why on some game cases, it has the Xbox Exclusive thing at the top, when some of those games are actually being made for other systems now...and the some that dont have that little image are xbox exclusive...

tamim
06-04-2002, 06:34 PM
ALL THE GAMES IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

i want all the games of the world to be Xbox exclusive! ;)

RadRider
06-05-2002, 12:49 AM
Enclave
Outcast II

And that's all I can think of. Everything else is already XBox exclusive, or it's not something I want to play.

thorpe420
06-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Sega GT's gonna be a awesome game. Maxpaynes cool as hell. But silent hill sucks compared to RE