PDA

View Full Version : I'm drooling here just thinking about playing Morrowind very soon!

Mercury
06-04-2002, 07:08 PM
This is it boys! Xbox's big rpg, for now at least. Will it kick ass or suck balls. We will know soon enough.

faceoff508
06-04-2002, 07:09 PM
I will be mad if it doesnt live up to the hype!!

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 07:53 PM
i canceld my pre-order at Planet X today . . . . . cauz i seen it at Circuit City for 39.99 i hope they get thier shipment tommarrow

monkeyman
06-04-2002, 08:17 PM
man i tell you just thinking about this game makes me go crazy i need it i swear it will be good if it isnt then so help me god it better be IM ****ING EXCITED!!! i need this game now im going crazy i tell you

Toast
06-04-2002, 08:17 PM
in stores fri!
cant wait.
well, ive been waiting for so long tho

Laxeph
06-04-2002, 08:41 PM
I hope that it lives up to the hype, but I have an odd feelings that it won't.:mad:

OppiumNitrates
06-04-2002, 08:50 PM
maybe if the hype wasnt extened and extra month with all this buzz gogin around . . . The Xbox version is smoother then the PC . . . and all this junk that about the difficulty . . . . . i think the game will i mean if u just think about all the wepons arrmor spells and ingerdiance that are in the game thats more ***** alone then most games have to offer . . . . if you are all about complex games then its deffinatly a keeper

yall
06-04-2002, 10:00 PM
I hope you folks that are getting geared up for this game are hard-core rpg'ers. If you are not, you may be dissapointed. However if you love old-school rpg's (FF does not fall into this category) the you should be happy, assuming the xbox version is at least 75% as good as the PC version.

I myself am an old-school rpg guy, and I love this game. To get a feel for what the xbox version would be like, I hooked my pc up to my tv for the 'console' experience. So long as there are no major differences between the versions everyone who gives this game a chance will be pleasantly sursprised at the overall quality.

It might be too hard for some, too easy for others, too short for no-one, but everyones experiences are guaranteed to be unique. Its a true 'play it how you want to play it' kind of game which is what role-playing is all about. Hope everyone enjoys it!

monkeyman
06-04-2002, 10:17 PM
god i just cant wait to pick up a chair and smack some lil kid with it

you better have the ability to do that:mad:

Toast
06-04-2002, 10:57 PM
were all drooling. please dont get any on me

spliffdUP
06-05-2002, 02:51 AM
Of course it won't suck if all the reviews for the PC version where very high. It's the exact same game except for lever editor and thats not even a big deal.

dave_m123
06-05-2002, 04:21 AM
While i expect it to be a top game im expecting some reviews will diss it for being a little to open ended and having nothing to hold on to there hand guiding them like in most console rpgs.

Woocifer
06-05-2002, 08:59 AM
You know its not that your hand isnt being held, and no you cant beat people with chairs and the list of 'open endedness' is not going to be what it will be. This game isn't all that spectacular in the sense that it pushes any envelopes. You still run into the same walls of repetative text and quests, long boring answers for unimportant questions and a lack of any special looking graphical attacks.

Yeah it is fun...and I'm not trying to put it down because I'm getting it as well. But I am accepting, that after I played the PC version, that not too much will be all that grand and spectacular in the land of Morrowind after the first 5 hours. You will be happy, and you will explore and its really interesting...I just found that after a while I found that I wanted more progression to show itself in the game than it did. I wanted bigger and more spectacular spells or more interesting plot twists with a little more sparkle and shine in it. Instead its a straight forward kind of game. Not a huge loss or deal, but the fact still remains that its the same kind of RPG we've always played, just put in a place where there aren't any walls holding you in. You'll find when you get stuck on one place, you'll start exploring different opportunities. That is a great idea, progression through adaptation, but along the way you find out that you leave a HUGE trail of open ends and can't seem to tie any of them up, or do everything a certain person wants.

It's tough...but it is very engrossing in the first little while. What I guess I'm saying here is unless you have good judgement, or understand the mechanics of this game, you may find yourself frustrated. Especially when you have to walk across kilometres of land just to get to a town that really doesn't care if you're there or not.

batman46st
06-05-2002, 10:01 AM
nothing much just chilling guys this game is gonna rule ass for real cause its open ended no ones killing this hope of stuff for me nah but seriously its hot hot hot game..

Spaztic
06-05-2002, 10:06 AM
I really want this game to be awsome. I am going to rent it just because. But I have this uneasy feeling that it will not live up to its hype!

xbaaddict
06-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Man, these next two days are going to be torture just thinking about this game. I want it so badly...my software etc said it's shipping wednesday and will be in friday. Every other place says it will be in friday. Can some one help me out here.

monkeyman
06-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
and no you cant beat people with chairs
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh its not fair I NEED TO SMACK PEOPLE WITH CHAIRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:mad:

seriously im going crazy waiting for this game it will be great these last days like other people have said is pure torture

monkeyman
06-05-2002, 06:56 PM
if you cant smake people with chairs then can you kill em and take their stuff?

OppiumNitrates
06-05-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
if you cant smake people with chairs then can you kill em and take their stuff?

of course but u should make sure no one sees u and drag the body away form scean of crime . . . . like in a lake or the ocean or something . . . . don wanta get caught for crimes and *****

monkeyman
06-05-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

of course but u should make sure no one sees u and drag the body away form scean of crime . . . . like in a lake or the ocean or something . . . . don wanta get caught for crimes and *****

good:D

i hope they have like really small villages with like 10 people in it muhahaha who knows the possibilities

i still wanna smake children with chairs though:(

Felon
06-05-2002, 09:49 PM
My local EB store said they'd have tommorow night, they said they are getting same say shipping.

linkycat
06-05-2002, 10:00 PM
Hehe... funny story... My EB and Babbages were getting the game in today. They had it same day shipped fed-ex and were having a blowout release tonight, but the fed-ex plain had problems and the shipment isn't getting in to Oklahoma city until like 2 am, so the party was moved to tomorrow morning. I think maybe I wasn't meant to own this game after all the delays and stuff....

y2kash_14
06-05-2002, 11:16 PM
When you guys first get the game, we all know you aren't gonna start on the quest right away (your gonna see what you can do first;)) Well, what are you gonna try? (ex. Steal stuff, kill innocent people) I think we already know that monkeyman is gonna slaughter little children. Im gonna steal some food and eat it right in front of the clerk, then kill him.

OppiumNitrates
06-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
When you guys first get the game, we all know you aren't gonna start on the quest right away (your gonna see what you can do first;)) Well, what are you gonna try? (ex. Steal stuff, kill innocent people) I think we already know that monkeyman is gonna slaughter little children. Im gonna steal some food and eat it right in front of the clerk, then kill him.

im gunna test my pick pocket and acrchry skills on the first guard i see

Felon
06-06-2002, 12:05 AM
I will be the greatest thief in all of norath, oh wait nm wrong game

Frink
06-06-2002, 12:17 AM
I am going to set up my Kajiit theif, walk into a shop, kill shopkeeper, hide the body, steal all the items, and then sell them on the Vvanderfall Black Market.

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by professor_frink
I am going to set up my Kajiit theif, walk into a shop, kill shopkeeper, hide the body, steal all the items, and then sell them on the Vvanderfall Black Market.

a good thief wouldnt have to kill the shop keeper so he could sell stolen items form other robberys back to him

Frink
06-06-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

a good thief wouldnt have to kill the shop keeper so he could sell stolen items form other robberys back to him Yes, but killing the shop keeper would be much more fun. That's why I plan on doing it in a small village. I read that smaller shops don't have the best items so, I wouldn't be missing any items from killing a small village shop keeper.