PDA

View Full Version : new Halo, PGR, Amped, and Rallisport....All Online

xboxmaster2002
06-04-2002, 09:59 PM
For an initial price of $49.99, gamers can purchase an Xbox Live Starter Kit, a pack that comes loaded with the Xbox Voice Communicator peripheral and a disc of Xbox Live software. The Starter Kit disc will come with an online capable version of Acclaim's Re-Volt so gamers will have something to play right away. The $50 will also include an initial 12 months of service, but Microsoft hasn't announced any renewal programs yet. It's been mentioned that Microsoft is close to maintaining a $9.95 per month value for the service. Larger software companies still reserve the right to charge for access fees , such as Sega’s Phantasy Star Online, in addition to the cost of signing up for Xbox Live.

Plenty of games have been lined up. Here’s what’s been confirmed so far:

Microsoft Xbox Live launch titles:

Unreal Championship
Phantasy Star Online
NFL Fever 2003
MechAssault
Whacked!
Midtown Madness 3

3rd party Xbox Live launch titles:

ToeJam & Earl 3: All Funked Up
Ghost Recon
Shayde: Monsters vs. Humans
NFL 2K3
Rayman Arena
Armada 2
NCAA College Basketball 2K3
Rainbow Six: Ravens Shield
Tetris Worlds
Timesplitters 2
Lamborghini
MX Superfly
XIII
NBA 2K3
Counter-Strike
Star Wars Galaxies

The list of Xbox Live titles also includes new online versions of currently available games including Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Amped and Rallisport Challenge. These games are still being referred to by their original names but will include an online component of some sort.

The Xbox Live Starter Kit disc will come with software that will activate the online components of the Xbox, and also collect user information such as credit card info, personal data, and a permanent user ID. An active, paid for broadband account (with provider) is necessary before launching Xbox Live since all registration will be done online. Password choosing is done by pressing buttons on the Xbox controller. Once your account is activated, your user ID is locked onto the Xbox that created it and it can only be activated by the user and their unique password. The only way an account can be used on another Xbox is by way of the memory unit. The unit will save your Xbox Live user ID so that you can transport it to another location. The user ID also tracks stats in your games and can be expanded to include your gaming profile so that your favorite team or character will automatically be selected when you power up an Xbox Live game and logon.

Lag has always been a problem with online gaming, but Xbox Live is looking to make it a thing of the past. By default, when gamers are looking for new opponents online, they won't even see, gamers who have too much lag for a smooth gaming experience. If they deem it so, Xbox Live will display players with a higher ping (read: more lag), allowing the user to make their own decisions.

Look for Xbox Live to go "live" this fall. No solid date was confirmed.

thats what it says in the 1st paragraph after the game list...i got this from: http://www.videogamereview.com/dailynews/comments/1022093936,81877,.asp

Toast
06-04-2002, 10:39 PM
i think i may have read this before, but still good news.

TEA
06-05-2002, 01:28 AM
LynFxfx(sp??) posted this already but still good to hear XBL is getting around Ludacris style(Word of Mouf);)

spliffdUP
06-05-2002, 02:27 AM
Does this mean if you have the original Halo you can't go online? It's a great game but I don't think I'd buy another copy of the exact same game just to play on Xbox live.

dave_m123
06-05-2002, 04:31 AM
I think they mean the Halo sequel or possibly Prequel will be online

Hermes
06-05-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123
I think they mean the Halo sequel or possibly Prequel will be online

No, I think it will either be original Halo with internet capabilities on a new disk or original Halo and a XOL upgrade. IMO it wil be the former.

spliffdUP
06-05-2002, 06:05 AM
It sounds like they mean you have to buy a new game cause it says "new online versions" nothing about an upgrade or anything like that

l Maximus l
06-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by spliffdUP
It sounds like they mean you have to buy a new game cause it says "new online versions" nothing about an upgrade or anything like that

Yeah...that's what I communicated as well. I guess we'll see what happens.