PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Wanted Sports game of 2002!

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 11:12 AM
Out of all the sports titles hitting the Xbox this year which are you looking forward to the most?

Ninja's choice? Sega Sports NFL 2K3: reasons-

1. It's online with Xbox Live for multi-player action!
2. It's NOT NFL Fever!:D
3. It's made by Sega and not EA!:cool:
4. Ever since 9/9/99 it has been the best d@mn football franchise in the gaming industry, period.

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 11:17 AM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/220671.jpg

BEST.SPORTSGAME.EVER!

anthony_osborn
06-05-2002, 11:30 AM
i voted for NBA Inside Drive 2002 because i already have a football game and i want a basketball game. iv played NBA Inside Drive 2002 and i personaly liked it. it wasnt the greates game in the world but for a basketball game is was really good.:cool:

dave_m123
06-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Deathrow :D

Xtopia
06-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

BEST.SPORTSGAME.EVER!

I agree. Even though I got NFL Fever 2002, I did have NFL2k1 for the DC. I loved it!
I will probably also get Fever, just in case the majority of the peeps online play that. Ya never know!;)

NOTE: Fever02 was a gift, not my descision.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm definitly gonna be all over the Sega 2K series, for football its gotta be NFL 2K3, and basketball without a doubt NBA 2K3. And i know i'll also get NFL Feever 2003, simply because i've got the first one, and i loved the way it played and the graphics are outta controll!!(i always have to have 2 football games!)

But for some strange reason i also want NBA Inside Drive 2003:confused: i played the first one for a few days(rental) and i got addicted to the rim rattleing dunks, and the spectacular ally-oops!

Untill next time...:mad:

Alien
06-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Madden 2002
I like Madden games. I don't know why, just like them a lot.

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

But for some strange reason i also want NBA Inside Drive 2003:confused: i played the first one for a few days(rental) and i got addicted to the rim rattleing dunks, and the spectacular ally-oops!

Untill next time...:mad:

I just played the demo version of Inside Drive 2002 and I was vastly impressed with the graphics and controls.
It plays out just like NBA2K2's controls scheme.
The demo on OXM's last issue was pretty easy though.
I scored 31 points in one courter (it's only allows for play of 1 quarter) with A.I. on dem Laker losers!

Still though, my heart lies with NBA2K series when it comes to hoopin it up doggy style!
Cant wait for it to drop this fall (oct/nov) to I can get da Magic and drop dimes with T-Mac on ya'll XBA wannabezzz!:D

kornavs19
06-05-2002, 01:32 PM
What about NHL2K3???? :)

Xbox Owner
06-05-2002, 02:19 PM
NFL Fever 2003

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
What about NHL2K3???? :)

WHO? What about it?

:D Seriously though, did you own any of the Dreamcast version of 2K & 2K2? They blew yo!

silvertrace
06-05-2002, 02:50 PM
honestly, i like all sports games, but i absolutely love basketball, so i'm all over Inside Drive, i heard that this years release will have a franchise mode which was lacking from lasts years title....

in the end i'll get nfl2k3 AND Inside Drive, i'm a sucker for online play, or am i just a sucker:confused:

*dont answer :eek:

thorpe420
06-05-2002, 02:57 PM
I dont even care that much about sports games but if theres gonna be some good ones cool

No Fear 23
06-05-2002, 03:02 PM
whats wrong with ya'll??

u forgot about NCAA 2k3

its a college football game and its gonan be tite!

spliffdUP
06-05-2002, 03:07 PM
NFL2k3 is gonna be the best football game. Fever sucks and Madden will be the same as last year with a few minor adjustments but still no online play.

shpankey
06-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Inside Drive 2003 for me. 2002 has the greatest gameplay of any sports game ever made! 2003 will be awesome!

NBA 2kx series is JUNK! Here is why NBA 2k2 is "junk" in my book...

1.) The control. It has some kind of weird 8 way movement directional control. Think N, S, E, W, and the 4 diagnol movements in between. The players move unrealisticly and it looks stupid. It's kind of a herky jerky thing. It feels like crap playing it, like you're moving around people with special disabilities, not the fine tuned NBA athletes.

2.) Steals. It's so crazy over the top. I've played in games with friends where there were literally over 50 steals in one freaking game! They act like the players have no skills in ballhandling. If I have Stockton or some really good ball handler, it should show in the game, and it doesnt in Sega's 2k2... it's utterly stupid.

3.) No direct switching on defense! OMG, this game series has never had this, and I have no clue WHY! When I'm transitioning back on defense and I want a certain player, I have to pray that the ballhandler of the other team goes near the guy I want so I can switch to him. It's FRUSTRATING! A lot of times I want to be the SF (like when using Pippen) and play him as a swing time of defender. Some times I want to play the PF or C, or any position. It's rediculous they don't have this in the game. EVERY other NBA game ever has had this feature.

4.) It's almost impossible to play defense in this game. Even if you are a great defensive team, be ready to be scored upon and BIG! Unlike in ID where you can honestly have shot clock experations a couple times a game be D-ing up.

5.) Too many dunks! OMG, not every trip down should be a dunk, and I can dunk EVERY SINGLE TIME DOWN! This kind of goes with #4.

6.) Graphics are ass. Really, they really are.

Do you want to "simulate" games on a screen where you're not playing? Ok then, if so, get NBA 2k2. But if you like to PLAY a game, get Inside Drive... it's the best basketball gameplay EVER.

Just be sure to change the view to Action (yes, it makes a difference in gameplay) set fouls to strict and difficulty to all-star and enjoy the best sports gameplay ever made!

Ninja Scroll
06-06-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by shpankey
Inside Drive 2003 for me. 2002 has the greatest gameplay of any sports game ever made! 2003 will be awesome!

NBA 2kx series is JUNK! Here is why NBA 2k2 is "junk" in my book...

1.) The control. It has some kind of weird 8 way movement directional control. Think N, S, E, W, and the 4 diagnol movements in between. The players move unrealisticly and it looks stupid. It's kind of a herky jerky thing. It feels like crap playing it, like you're moving around people with special disabilities, not the fine tuned NBA athletes.

2.) Steals. It's so crazy over the top. I've played in games with friends where there were literally over 50 steals in one freaking game! They act like the players have no skills in ballhandling. If I have Stockton or some really good ball handler, it should show in the game, and it doesnt in Sega's 2k2... it's utterly stupid.

3.) No direct switching on defense! OMG, this game series has never had this, and I have no clue WHY! When I'm transitioning back on defense and I want a certain player, I have to pray that the ballhandler of the other team goes near the guy I want so I can switch to him. It's FRUSTRATING! A lot of times I want to be the SF (like when using Pippen) and play him as a swing time of defender. Some times I want to play the PF or C, or any position. It's rediculous they don't have this in the game. EVERY other NBA game ever has had this feature.

4.) It's almost impossible to play defense in this game. Even if you are a great defensive team, be ready to be scored upon and BIG! Unlike in ID where you can honestly have shot clock experations a couple times a game be D-ing up.

5.) Too many dunks! OMG, not every trip down should be a dunk, and I can dunk EVERY SINGLE TIME DOWN! This kind of goes with #4.

6.) Graphics are ass. Really, they really are.

Do you want to "simulate" games on a screen where you're not playing? Ok then, if so, get NBA 2k2. But if you like to PLAY a game, get Inside Drive... it's the best basketball gameplay EVER.

Just be sure to change the view to Action (yes, it makes a difference in gameplay) set fouls to strict and difficulty to all-star and enjoy the best sports gameplay ever made!

1.) Controls: What are you smokin junior? NBA ID stole NBA2K2's whole control lay out concept! Nuff said.

2.) Steals: You obviously have no skillz in NBA2K2 if your homies continue to cherry pick your weak ass! 2K2 takes skillz and ball control to play this game, but then again, your probably useing Shaq as your point gaurd and your friend his stealing it from you with Mike Bibby or something!:rolleyes:

3.) Refer to answer number 2.:rolleyes:

4.) Defense: dude, try useing defensive play calling, yeah... I know, your like "what is that oh Ninja hero of mine"?:confused:

5.) Dunks: you are obviously playing on "arcade mode" if they are dunking every time. cause if fatigue opinion is on and a player is tired they will lay it up, and will more than likely miss if their rating is under 50-60 out of 100 on fatigue.

Bottom line, you need to open up your limited eyes and put some time into a game other than 2 minutes worth. Stop trashing a game cause you suck at it.... Im sure games like Soul Calibur, VF, are on your list of games that suck since you dont have the patience to put in to learn the games too.
Poor kid.:)

Hugh_Jass
06-06-2002, 11:09 AM
I prefer sports that don't feature men playing with balls. Give me
Colin McRae Rally 3.

shpankey
06-06-2002, 02:05 PM
1.) Controls: What are you smokin junior? NBA ID stole NBA2K2's whole control lay out concept! Nuff said.

Controls as in, the way the game CONTROLS. Not the control layout dufus. There is this really neat thing in video games, it's called the control... it means how the player reacts to your input. In NBA 2k2, it is unrefined and clumsy. Much like it is in NFL 2kx. It's a programming deficiency. Try NBA Inside Drive for how a game SHOULD control.... also Madden... they both control like BUTTER and are smooth and responsive, not herkly jerky and stupid looking.

2.) Steals: You obviously have no skillz in NBA2K2 if your homies continue to cherry pick your weak ass! 2K2 takes skillz and ball control to play this game, but then again, your probably useing Shaq as your point gaurd and your friend his stealing it from you with Mike Bibby or something!

No, this is a FLAW!I expect J. Stockton to have skills... meaning he should be able to dribble the ball without being stolen constantly. You cover up their weakness in the game trying to mask it under user player skill... when in fact it's just another stupid programmed mess.

3.) Refer to answer number 2.

Cop-Out

4.) Defense: dude, try useing defensive play calling, yeah... I know, your like "what is that oh Ninja hero of mine"?

There's just one problem... this game is totally offensive oriented. The whole game is designed around offense and nothing else. How about making it possible to D-up on a regular basis with a good team like in Inside Drive? Tell you what, anytime anyplace you want some, I will score on you AT WILL in NBA 2k2. Period. You can't stop me other than cheesey steals. Play me in Inside Drive and I GUARANTEE you, there will be a lot of possesions where I can D your sorry butt up and you'll look over coy like and say "my goodness that was great D".

5.) Dunks: you are obviously playing on "arcade mode" if they are dunking every time. cause if fatigue opinion is on and a player is tired they will lay it up, and will more than likely miss if their rating is under 50-60 out of 100 on fatigue.

Nope. I've played it everyway you can, but I was using a little hyperbole. The point was, there are entirely to many dunks a game, same with steals. You idiot SEGA fanboys (damn I wish ya'll would just go love another system) see everything from them with rose colored glasses... especially these trashy sports games. I'll give credit where due, Virtua Tennis is awesome! Everything else is SAD.

Bottom line, you need to open up your limited eyes and put some time into a game other than 2 minutes worth. Stop trashing a game cause you suck at it.... Im sure games like Soul Calibur, VF, are on your list of games that suck since you dont have the patience to put in to learn the games too.

Bottom line is this... you overlook shortcoming of a game because you're to enthralled by thename on the box. Why take something substandard when there are better options out there? Inside Drive is 10x better in the gameplay dept. Talk franchise and all that fluff junk you want to, but around here, we like to PLAY the game. Lastly, you assume to much. It shows your immaturity; assuming. On top of that... a cut down at the end... OHHHH.... AHHHHH... Yeah, who's the one acting the kid? 31 year old gamer since Genesis, with a wife and two great kids, both of which who act less of a fool than you.

guitargod711
06-07-2002, 11:16 AM
I just can't understand how you guys can take fever or inside drive over nfl 2k3 and nba 2k3. Sega is now the best sports sim maker of all time. Also, we can't forget about wsb 2k3. I just got the xbox version and the graphics and gameplay are the best ever.

Ninja Scroll
06-07-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by guitargod711
I just can't understand how you guys can take fever or inside drive over nfl 2k3 and nba 2k3. Sega is now the best sports sim maker of all time. Also, we can't forget about wsb 2k3. I just got the xbox version and the graphics and gameplay are the best ever.

AMEN!!!!!! :cool:

Ninja Scroll
06-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by shpankey

Nope. I've played it everyway you can, but I was using a little hyperbole. The point was, there are entirely to many dunks a game, same with steals. You idiot SEGA fanboys (damn I wish ya'll would just go love another system) see everything from them with rose colored glasses... especially these trashy sports games. I'll give credit where due, Virtua Tennis is awesome! Everything else is SAD.

Lesson up 31 year jabroni, im soooo tired of hearing you rank and flap your gums about non-sense jibberish that I will only reply to one of your insane comments.

Like to hear it? Here it goes... Okay, you say your tired of idiot Sega fanboys ( which im not, just a Sega Mark!:D ) and wish they would move on to other videogame consoles..
..You dumb ass,.. we already have.. you ever heard of XBOX?! :rolleyes:
Poor kid,... I'll do you a favor, I'll send you your prozac for da week tomorrow, aight!:)

NBA2K3 will own you foooool!!!;)

shpankey
06-07-2002, 02:19 PM
My goodness, haha, that's what I was talking about! Moving away from the Xbox! Dufus. In other words, the SEGA fanboys moved from the DC to the Xbox, whereas I wish they would have went to one of the other systems (really, Nintendo is where you belong, that way fanboys with fanboys - you'd be unstoppable).

Lookie here, listen up young man. You probably haven't been around the gaming block enough to really know what you like yet. You're still young and learnin' and you've yet to grow out of your fanboy ways. You see one thing you like and you attach yourself to it because you're scared to try anything else.

Anyone who is a real sports gamer who spends a good amount of time with Inside Drive will pick it over NBA 2k2 every time. Anyone who tries to say elsewise is either lying about playing ID or is a SEGA fanboy.

I can see someone wanting the franchise of 2k2 or whatever, if they're not a player and do it more for sim'ing games and looking at stats. But anyone who likes to play the games will tell you, Inside Drive is the way to go. It truely has the best gameplay in basketball since NBA Live 2000 on the PC.

BTW... I fully expect the quality of this years NBA titles to go as follows...

1. NBA Inside Drive 2003
2. NBA Live 2003
3. NBA 2k3

The reason being is, well.. ID has the best gameplay already, all it was missing was the fluff... like franchise etc. Now take into account the devs said they were slowing it down a tad, adding a TON of new animations, tweaking and balancing the gameplay even more (less blocks, steals etc) and you have your winner.

Live (I think) is going to get second because it is TOTALLY being reworked from the ground up (which it needed BAD because it really sucked this year) and if they can get back to their roots and make the series play like it did back in 2000, they're golden. not to mention it looks pretty good this year, almost as good as ID 2003, maybe even AS good.

2k2 is just so bad, there is no way it can compete unless it goes under a total rebuild (which it's not). I will give it a shot but I'm not holding my breath. The gameplay is just terrible in this game... mostly the control of the players, it's just jerky and unrefined.

shpankey
06-07-2002, 02:24 PM
P.S. For the guy above.... I NEVER said Fever was better than NFL 2k2! Fever 2002 is an absolutely JOKE! But Madden 2002 is better than NFL 2k2. I don't expect football to change much, although I think NFL 2k3 will close the gap on Madden 2003 by a little bit. They STILL have the herky jerky control in NFL 2kx, just like their NBA games, so whoever is programmer of directional player movement control over there needs to be fired. Instead of only having 8 directional movements, they need to make it pure analog.

Shorezy
06-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I thought Fever kicked some pretty nice a$$, and the fact that it's coming online will be even nicer. That's what I go with.

y2kash_14
06-07-2002, 06:26 PM
my most wanted sports game is actually Street Hoops, that game looks so tight. But from the list...........NFL Fever

Chronman420
06-07-2002, 06:34 PM
NCAA College Football 2003, nuff said

Highlite23
06-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

BEST.SPORTSGAME.EVER!

GREAT MINDS DO THINK ALIKE......LOL!!

Ninja Scroll
06-08-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by highlite23

GREAT MINDS DO THINK ALIKE......LOL!!

Me Ninja great mind me?:confused:

:D

ScorpionX
06-08-2002, 10:40 AM
The only sports game I am looking forward to is Dave Mirra XXX.:)

Belt Fed
06-08-2002, 12:01 PM
a new better nascar game would be the bomb!!!!!! one with better damage and car break downs and blown tires and and woops i got a woody:D :eek: anyway a good racing game like pro race driver also would be good.