PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Taxi 3: better, faster, and crazier...

xboxgamer142
06-05-2002, 11:16 AM
I'm definitely going to get Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller. The game looks great with better graphics and sound. Las Vegas (America's Playground) is also a good setting for the second Crazy Taxi sequel. For anyone who missed out on Crazy Taxi (DC,PC,PS2, NGC) or Crazy Taxi 2 (DC), there will be one course from each previous Crazy Taxi game in Crazy Taxi 3. I'm not sure when the game will be released, however some sites like Xbox.com or Sega.com say it will be 'sometime' in July 2002 and others like EBGames.com or Amazon.com say it will be end of July. But it will be July 2002 for sure! The previous Crazy Taxi games were great and this is a title not to miss out on.

Also be sure to watch the Crazy Taxi movie (directed by Richard Donner - who directed Superman and Lethal Weapon also), which comes out Summer 2002 in cinemas.

RadRider
06-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Frankly, I don't see why people like this series at all. Crazy Taxi 1 was cool in the arcades - in large part due to the steering wheel. It wasn't ground breaking or "the best game ever", but it was fun to play for a short while. When I had the Dreamcast, I got Crazy Taxi 2, and I can easily say that was the biggest waste of money ever. Sure you could now jump the car and pick up groups of passengers (but not multiple passengers besides the groups..), but the gameplay was just as short-lived and stale as before. I honestly don't see how Crazy Taxi 3 could be good enough to warrant a rental, let alone a purchase.

Frostberg
06-08-2002, 11:44 PM
Yep...There really isn't much to crazy taxi...I would play it in the arcades, but I would just get annoyed after going around the same cities with the same cars picking up the same of like 20 passangers...I know high roller will have great graphics and probably a lot of new stuff, but it is still driving around fast to different destinations...it has to get boring after awhile...if only I owned a racing seat with a steering wheel like rad said...other than that crazy taxi isn't anything