PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Soundtrack Feature Underused?

tWoTOMA
06-05-2002, 01:22 PM
The only games I've played that support Soundtracks are Project Gotham Racing and Amped. Both are good games, are the soundtrack feature really adds to them. Sadly, it seems like the only developer willing to incorporate soundtracks is Microsoft. I think any racing game, fighting game, extreme sports game, and many action games would benefit from the added feature. Does anyone else agree with me in saying that the soundtrack feature is sorely underused?

It was one of the main reasons I bought Xbox. I played PGR at a buddy's house, and although the gameplay didn't win me over, I love the graphics and the soundtrack feature. Microsoft should use soundtracks in almost all of thier first-party games and encourage third-party developers to use the feature. It will make a lot of people like me want to buy an Xbox. I think the real problem is that so far all we have is ports, and the developers don't want to change the code to allow soundtracks.

DZNUTZ
06-05-2002, 01:26 PM
i think it should be in more games.

SkoalMint
06-05-2002, 01:29 PM
I definitely think it is underused, and the genres you reference should all incorporate this feature. I was very disappointed that JSRF didn't support this feature. I'm not a big techno fan or whatever that music was.

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i think it should be in more games.

Yo DZnutz, that was a lame ass reply!:rolleyes:
:D

Here's my point of view, I feel plain and simple that the developers are to f'n lazy. Bottom line, their is no excuse.
Plus I feel they also feel it would be a slap in their face if they did allow the feature because with all the work they put in their very own soundtrack they dont wanna feel the gamer is useing their own custom made over their creation. Naw mean?

hook-worm J
06-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
The only games I've played that support Soundtracks are Project Gotham Racing and Amped. Both are good games, are the soundtrack feature really adds to them. Sadly, it seems like the only developer willing to incorporate soundtracks is Microsoft.

THPS3 has soundtrack support.... But I agree, more games need it. I really wish Halo would have it, It would be fun to kill aliens while listening to Metallica!

RadRider
06-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Savage Skies will have it, Rallisport Challenge had it, but I agree; more games should use it. Playing Tony Hawk 3 with the Air French Band and Fluf playing would be sweet.

noodleboy
06-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Yeah I used it for THPS2X and it was cool, exept for the fact that it skipped to the next track once your run was over. I would have loved for it to pick up where the song left off when you entered your next 2 minute session. More games should feature it though because it is a one-of-a-kind aspect onl available for Xbox. We will probably see this feature used more down the road when developers actually make their games for the Xbox first and then port them out.

DZNUTZ
06-05-2002, 01:55 PM
sorry ninja.

how was that post?

Spaztic
06-05-2002, 02:32 PM
its going to be used in raw2 and that is all I care about! Can't wait for Raw2...hopefully they give us what we want!

Xbox Owner
06-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Yeah..raw2 will be cool

Casper
06-05-2002, 02:39 PM
What I do to compensate for not having soundtracks on a bunch of games is just kill the background music on whatever game it is, play the sound effects / announcers on the TV and my own music pumping on the surround sound. It gets me through, although it's not really the same :(

LynxFX
06-05-2002, 03:08 PM
I think 80% of Xbox features go underused or not used at all. That is the only fault I can find with the Xbox and it isn't even the Xboxes fault. It is the developers.

I just hope it is first gen game blues and not a pattern.

NonFanboy
06-05-2002, 06:33 PM
One reason why it isnt being sapported is because alot of game developers think of the ripping feature as pirating music and they dont want to sapport it (so they say)

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I think 80% of Xbox features go underused or not used at all. That is the only fault I can find with the Xbox and it isn't even the Xboxes fault. It is the developers.

I just hope it is first gen game blues and not a pattern.

I definitly agree with you on this one Lynxfx, its the blatant truth. These developers are being lazy, because the things that the XBOX is capable of they are not utalizing them. Well i must say that not all developers are being lazy for example Bungie, Digital Anvil..and a few more, those guys seem to be trying to make use of XBOX Specific Features. Also, the peeps behind Splinter Cell are definitly creating a monster for the box. But still we need more developers to get off the dam couch and work a lil harder to make XBOX games more specific to its massive Power.

Untill next time...:mad:

JohnB
06-05-2002, 10:47 PM
When they release Unreal Tournament, I really hope they embed the soundtrack feature. Actually, I would love to customize the music on any FPS game for that matter. But I love Unreal Tournament's music, yet I would like to add some additional tracks of my own while playing the game.

TEA
06-06-2002, 02:40 AM
Yeah whateverybody else said.:)
MS and every other developer enable the use of Soundtrack Features.:mad:

Nerrad529
06-06-2002, 02:43 AM
You got a good good point that is what makes the xbox experience better than any other console. We definately could use in alot more games. Good point
:(