PDA

View Full Version : Best Fighter Ever

tWoTOMA
06-05-2002, 01:40 PM
My pick is Mortal Kombat. I'm a huge sports sim fan (Sega Sports), and I'm a stickler for detail in sports games, but I think fighting games should have an arcade style to them.

DOA has great graphics, but is not fun to play at all, it's just a button masher. It also has vitrually no story mode.

Soul Caliber is very fun, but I could never get into the storylines. The graphics are also pretty weak, compare to other games. Weapons is an original feature, but I never really realized what the hype was about.

VF has potential to be a great game, from the best developer in the business, SEGA. The only weakness is taht it can turn into a button masher. A bit of strategy would do it justice.

Tekken is a great game on all levels, but can be played as a button masher like many of the others. The combos are on par with MK, and the various styles are fun to learn, but I give MK the nod because of the story modes.

RadRider
06-05-2002, 01:49 PM
All fighters blow, but DOA3 is the best of the pile.

Casper
06-05-2002, 01:50 PM
I'll have to say that I do love all of these series (each one has some better qualities then the other) but that MK has been there since I started playing and it has always been amusing. I do miss Killer Instinct and was hoping that it would be coming back out :( , but for now, it's just gonna have to be MK ;)

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 02:20 PM
VF series is a button masher? Dude obviously needs to do some research. VF series is without question the deepest fighting franchise ever created.

If you want mashers try including Tekken series & DOA3.

As for greatest fighting game ever? Soul Calibur on Dreamcast.
For greatest series? Virtua Fighter. VF2 was a classic, and this is the series that started it all... 3D style!:cool:

ScorpionX
06-05-2002, 02:23 PM
1) Mortal Kombat
2) VF
3) Sould Caliber

TEA
06-05-2002, 02:27 PM
MK, I've been with MK since Childhood years,and the title for MK now kix Azz(Deadly Alliance Very:cool: )The icing for MK is you could kill that SOB who tried to test you in yo Fighting Skillz .

Tekken is pretty fun the only other one I'm into.Never got into Soul Calibur.

spliffdUP
06-05-2002, 03:20 PM
How can anyone pick MK over Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter. MK has to be the worst series out of all of these. My pick would be Soul Calibur but how come theres no Street Fighter on the poll?

Nato King
06-05-2002, 04:56 PM
1)DOA3
2) Sould Caliber
3) Mortal Kombat

mrmp3
06-05-2002, 06:38 PM
DOA has to be the worst series. DOA2 was good. Never played the first but DOA3 was a MAJOR LET DOWN! Though graphically amazing, it had no depth at all. MK1 and MK2 were good, but the series collapsed after that. I never enjoyed any of the Virtua Fighter games. Soul Caliber was defintely a fun game on Dreamcast. Tekken is also a fun series.

My Verdict: Tekken and Soul Caliber.

Signing off...

Snoopy7548
06-05-2002, 06:38 PM
1) Mortal Kombat fo sheezy, that game is so classic, especially the first and second ones, and the third one
2) Street Fighter
3) Tekken:D

Azazel
06-05-2002, 10:39 PM
What a joke!

You dont have Streetfighter 2 on your poll. Give me a break. It practically revolutionized the fighting genre.

SpartanSniper
06-06-2002, 03:40 AM
Here are the best games in order....
[list=1]
Soul Caliber
Tekken
Dead or Alive
[/list=1]

Piccolo_DBz
06-06-2002, 04:26 AM
1. Soul Calibur
2. Dead or Alive
3. Tekken

X-Ray
06-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Super Street Fighter II for the Sega Genesis. It was a dramatic improvement upon a revulutionary game. I think that Super Street Fighter II, or just Street fighter II, really MADE the fighting genre.

Liquid Gears
06-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
My pick is Mortal Kombat. I'm a huge sports sim fan (Sega Sports), and I'm a stickler for detail in sports games, but I think fighting games should have an arcade style to them.

DOA has great graphics, but is not fun to play at all, it's just a button masher. It also has vitrually no story mode.

Soul Caliber is very fun, but I could never get into the storylines. The graphics are also pretty weak, compare to other games. Weapons is an original feature, but I never really realized what the hype was about.

VF has potential to be a great game, from the best developer in the business, SEGA. The only weakness is taht it can turn into a button masher. A bit of strategy would do it justice.

Tekken is a great game on all levels, but can be played as a button masher like many of the others. The combos are on par with MK, and the various styles are fun to learn, but I give MK the nod because of the story modes.

Duhhhh Wake Up Buddy!!!!! STREET FIGHTER IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Liquid Gears
06-06-2002, 02:03 PM
How do you make a poll, I'm redoin' this one.

EHWfedPres
06-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Soul Calibur is cool because you can fight with weapons. Mortal Kombat is a little out-dated. DOA3 has a great reversal system that dosent allow you to just beat on people, but stop them from beating on you, and its fairly easy to get the hang of. Tekken is fun but a bit shallow.

DOA gets my vote. Heck, DOA3 gets my vote. All the previous doa games werent anything special.

SpartanSniper
06-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Nightmare on Soul Calibur rules!!!!

~ SpartanSniper

JJaX
06-07-2002, 08:32 AM
SOOOOUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont think soul calibur is the best than you should pick one of the following

a) i never played it (understandable)

b) Im a tool, street fighter ownz! (why yes i do stop and stare when i see pretty flashing colors)

c) DOA series a button mashing game! No way! (Uhh derrr, press the buttons, uhh derrrr, back and block, uhh derrr press the buttons)

d) MK is the best cause i still think im in 5th grade, and blood is cool! (Hahahahahahaahha! He chopped his head off, ive never seen that before!)

e) Im a sega fan boy, So Virtua Fighter rules! (Hi my names ninja scroll)

;)

Spaztic
06-07-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
SOOOOUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont think soul calibur is the best than you should pick one of the following

a) i never played it (understandable)

b) Im a tool, street fighter ownz! (why yes i do stop and stare when i see pretty flashing colors)

c) DOA series a button mashing game! No way! (Uhh derrr, press the buttons, uhh derrrr, back and block, uhh derrr press the buttons)

d) MK is the best cause i still think im in 5th grade, and blood is cool! (Hahahahahahaahha! He chopped his head off, ive never seen that before!)

e) Im a sega fan boy, So Virtua Fighter rules! (Hi my names ninja scroll)

;)

I honestly think doa3 is better then soul caliber.....now that dosn't mean I am not going to pick up SC....it just means I think doa3 is better....and here is why

1. anyone can pick up the game and be somewhat decent(soul caliber you cannot) that is good because most of my friends don't sit down and play a game at my house until they master it.

2. Granted it can be considered a button masher for beginners like you jaxx, but if you button mash, I have mastered reversals, so the second you try a move, you are dead!

3. its got hot chicks

4. DOA3 moves (although not as extensive as SC) are more logical and somewhat easier to do!

5. Because I said so!

so this is what I think I know you don't agree but thats to bad. I do love the SC and will pick it up, but I am much more anticipating doa4!

Hermes
06-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Jjax, your reply was hilarious...

Originally posted by Shaggy

2. Granted it can be considered a button masher for beginners like you jaxx, but if you button mash, I have mastered reversals, so the second you try a move, you are dead!

No it is a button masher because you can button mash the reversals. That is the true sign of a button masher.

JJaX
06-07-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Hermes
Jjax, your reply was hilarious...

No it is a button masher because you can button mash the reversals. That is the true sign of a button masher.

Thanks for the love :D

In response to Shaggys reply:

Im not a newbie at DOA, but if you had any proir fighting game experience you could see that DOA is a simple mans fighting game. True DOA is easy to pick up so your slow friends can enjoy it too.

But id rather have a fighting game that tickles my senses and test my wits in the ring, to have me sitting at the edge of my seat the entire bout. (soul calibur)

Or in your case i could beat down my friends that have down syndrome as they sit there with their necks tilted and jaws open pressing buttons in a frantic manner pulling reversals and such. Good fight my ass.................

Originally posted by Shaggy

3. its got hot chicks

4. DOA3 moves (although not as extensive as SC) are more logical and somewhat easier to do!

2. WoW you can press back and block at the same time! Jesus someone call gamepro!

3. CG chicks cant Suck dik

4. All the moves look the same or have the same effect in DOA. 85% of the moves are obselete.......