PDA

View Full Version : Is Halo going to be on the PC?

faceoff508
06-05-2002, 02:47 PM
People are saying that it is coming to the PC!! If it does than the Xbox might be in big trouble! Is it going to be on the PC?

silvertrace
06-05-2002, 02:53 PM
i could care less if it goes to pc, its been out since NOV of last year and its almost 8 months old...........:eek:

if they plan on gettin the best xbox titles 8 months after they are released, i pity them fools:o

btw - LINK?

thorpe420
06-05-2002, 02:55 PM
I dont think its gonna happen

yall
06-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Whether it does or does not come out for the pc, either way it will have little impact on the xbox. anyone who was going to buy an xbox for 1 app, has done so already, especially with the price drop.

Xbox Owner
06-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Maybe. I heard it was, and I heard it wasn't..

UltimateAg
06-05-2002, 03:31 PM
From http://halo.bungie.org/faq/mostasked.html#pcdetails

It says 'Only on Xbox'! Does that mean the PC version was cancelled?

No. As it says clearly on our forum (where this question comes up most often):

"Only on Xbox" means "Not on any other console".
It does NOT mean "Never coming to Mac or PC".
Halo WILL be coming to Mac and PC.

This has been confirmed, specifically, literally dozens of times by many Bungie employees, including Matt Soell (Community Liason), Jon Kimmich (Halo Product Planner), and Alex Seropian (co-founder of Bungie).

Casper
06-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Halo on PCs and Macs, by Matt
Q Is Halo an Xbox-exclusive, or will it ever ship for PCs/Macs as originally planned?
A There WILL be Mac and PC versions of Halo. Go back and read that sentence again. Notice the clear, straightforward nature of the answer. Note that this answer comes directly from Bungie, the makers of Halo, and is posted on our official site.

It doesn't matter what the guy in the forum said, or what the guy in the magazine said, or what the guy at the software store said. All that matters is what Bungie said. And Bungie has said, time and time again, that PC and Mac versions of Halo will ship. Work is being done right now to make these versions a reality. Anyone who tells you otherwise does not know what he is talking about.

This is also from http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=2496

Crazy Joe
06-05-2002, 03:41 PM
i read on that halo.bungie.org site that it wouldn't be coming out on PC for quite a while though, I don't feel like trying to find it, so you are going to have to trust me. :P

E-Xbox
06-05-2002, 03:52 PM
here is the truth...

halo is coming out for pc....

when?

approximately when halo 2/next halo comes out..
so there is nothing to worry bout..

peace