PDA

View Full Version : xbox online = nerd w/ no friends!

Spaztic
06-05-2002, 03:14 PM
I don't know about you guys, but xbox online is going to be a great thing! I really enjoy the fact that I can play people across the country. But the latest idea of developers to make games online has kinda bummed me out. I hope this dosn't mean that developers will start making games online and then forget to make good multiplayer games! I for one like playing a multiplayer game with my bud sitting next to me! To see the expression while I kick the living crap out of him is priceless, something that online play is unable to replicate! I much rather play a multiplayer then an online game! It seems that the push to make online games is branching out to the "nerds"(with no friends, or like to play with themselves:confused:) and then forgetting the people that want to have fun with a bunch of there closest friends at there side. Does anyone else notice this trend, and what do you think about it?

Snake Eyez
06-05-2002, 03:24 PM
I totally agree with you shaggy. I enjoy playing against my friends also more than strangers. I only play online when my friends aren't around. If they start making games that you can play online, but not by hooking up a couple boxes together I'll be highly ****ed. The games should support both options, not one or the other.

Crazy Joe
06-05-2002, 03:39 PM
i don't think this will become a problem, almost any game, except for MMORPGs, that is going to be online will have a good offline multiplayer aspect as well.

Xbox Owner
06-05-2002, 03:47 PM
I can't say it won't happen, but I sure hope it doesn't!

faceoff508
06-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
I can't say it won't happen, but I sure hope it doesn't!

Same here!!

E-Xbox
06-05-2002, 03:51 PM
i have a totally different view!
well not really...
i like mp games..and i like online
the thing with online is..u can have way more people
like UC...32 peeps i think...
thats sooo good..
and bout the nerds comment...
not all gamers are nerds u do realize that?
and not all gamers that like online play are nerds..u know that?

well n e ways..

peace

Crazy Joe
06-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
i have a totally different view!
well not really...
i like mp games..and i like online
the thing with online is..u can have way more people
like UC...32 peeps i think...
thats sooo good..
and bout the nerds comment...
not all gamers are nerds u do realize that?
and not all gamers that like online play are nerds..u know that?

well n e ways..

peace

he was just saying that if they start to concentrate solely on the online component and forget about offline multiplayer then it will be catering to the nerd crowd because they won't care about offline multiplayer because they have no friends.

UltimateAg
06-05-2002, 04:01 PM
All of the games announced for xbox live have split screen multiplayer at the very least in addition to the live aspect. Just check xbox.com. So I think your fears are unfounded. Plus the lack of wide broadband support means a game developer would seriously limit the amount of games he would sell if he made it online only.

gtaplayer
06-05-2002, 04:27 PM
yea thats wat im sayin if i wanna play a game online which would prob be a fps it would be not on xbox and spend money paying for it online when im already paying for dsl ill just play on my comp for ffree

just like counterstrike its goin 2 xbox but u cant play fps on controller...and cs is free on comp...so hell no i aint payin for xbox online

E-Xbox
06-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
All of the games announced for xbox live have split screen multiplayer at the very least in addition to the live aspect. Just check xbox.com. So I think your fears are unfounded. Plus the lack of wide broadband support means a game developer would seriously limit the amount of games he would sell if he made it online only.
yea
if it has online play..
it will also have ss mp play!

peace

Plewis
06-05-2002, 04:59 PM
hmmm... has anyone thought about counter-strike... isnt that game fully online? Well, to tell the truth I am not a "nerd"... i do really like gaming though. I play with my friends almost as much as i do alone... but I really like online play. I like that better because I can play different people with different styles and them being better than me so i have room to improve...

Spaztic
06-05-2002, 05:41 PM
he was just saying that if they start to concentrate solely on the online component and forget about offline multiplayer then it will be catering to the nerd crowd because they won't care about offline multiplayer because they have no friends.

thanks for clairifying my statement. I am not trying to say people that play online are nerds. I play online and I don't consider myself a nerd. But I do know some people that if they didn't have CS or everquest they would probably kill themselves hence the term "nerd". I just want to make sure that companys realize that multiplayer is still a great add on to a game, and that spend as much time developing a good multiplayer option in a game as well as online aspect. I don't want to see EX. halo2, a new story in single mode! multiplayer(add 2 more levels, and a few weapons), and then devote the rest of development for online aspects. I like to play halo online by myself but I much rather play hunter with 4 buds. Halo on 4 seperate screens dosn't do the game much justice (or maybe its just my small tv?)!

JimmieDoogan
06-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Give me a smeekin break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look pal E boy, me and my FRIENDS will be playing Xbox Live, while you and your friends hang out and play em on your couch. Just because we advocate Xbox Live, doesn't mean we have no friends. What kind of moron actually believes that just because we get the online service we're geeks without friends. Tell you what, since my friends only live a few blocks in radius (yes I know the damn geeks in my hood) I can just look outside my window and stick out my tounge when I kill em. Since I do have friends, we can both play on MY Xbox at MY house (or theirs) or we can get online and bust there, while you'll be limited to only ONE option. So go for it bro, the less people on the Xbox live servers, the less ping I have to deal with. Remember, your the hindered one here, not us. :p :cool: :D

BTW: There will always be an offline multiplay component in Console games that support online... it would be absolutely ludicris NOT to implement it.

aronx
06-05-2002, 05:54 PM
online play is good for people who have friends that don't play games, but want to play against other humans. i for one would rather play with people i don't know than sit next to my buddy who smells like feet and azz.

aronx
06-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Give me a smeekin break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look pal E boy, me and my FRIENDS will be playing Xbox Live, while you and your friends hang out and play em on your couch. Just because we advocate Xbox Live, doesn't mean we have no friends. What kind of moron actually believes that just because we get the online service we're geeks without friends. Tell you what, since my friends only live a few blocks in radius (yes I know the damn geeks in my hood) I can just look outside my window and stick out my tounge when I kill em. Since I do have friends, we can both play on MY Xbox at MY house (or theirs) or we can get online and bust there, while you'll be limited to only ONE option. So go for it bro, the less people on the Xbox live servers, the less ping I have to deal with. Remember, your the hindered one here, not us. :p :cool: :D

BTW: There will always be an offline multiplay component in Console games that support online... it would be absolutely ludicris NOT to implement it.

i'm sorry to hear (implied in your message by the anger) that you have no friends. you should just kill yourself now.

l Maximus l
06-05-2002, 06:03 PM
One of my best XBox experiences has been playing Halo on-line when I have buddies over!! It's awesome to team up with your buddy and kick the asses of others while we play Team Slayer over XBConnect :D

But, XBox Live is going to improve that vastly!

Damn! I shiver with excitement! Or, maybe it's because this beer is damn cold! :D

Spaztic
06-05-2002, 06:09 PM

I hope this wasn't intended for me.....if it was I will reply when I get home. I am just walking out the door.

on another note. Nice to see you around max! It is a boring place around here during day w/o you. All it is is ninja and jax thowing around BK insults! LOL!

JimmieDoogan
06-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by aronx

i'm sorry to hear (implied in your message by the anger) that you have no friends. you should just kill yourself now.

You know you shouldn't let your children use your account here, they really make you look stupid. And if it was in fact you... well, maybe you were looking in the mirror when you posted this. Just a thought kid. Anyway, in case you didn't look at the smilies (which most morons don't) you might wanna look again. They are in fact emoticons right... don't you think that would state how I actually felt? Get a clue or a life, your choice, either way your currently at a loss. Too bad for the rest of society huh...

BTW: Shaggy before you too get angry, look at the EMOTE ICONS, after all thats what they're there for. I was razzing you and nothing more. ARONX, sorry to hear that you have friends with bad hygene.

E-Xbox
06-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
One of my best XBox experiences has been playing Halo on-line when I have buddies over!! It's awesome to team up with your buddy and kick the asses of others while we play Team Slayer over XBConnect :D

But, XBox Live is going to improve that vastly!

Damn! I shiver with excitement! Or, maybe it's because this beer is damn cold! :D
lol!
i shiver with excitement also!
or maybe u are just scared to get beat by me in UC!
lol

peace

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by aronx

LoL..Insults, the inertia that fuels the emotion.

I'm done...(In a quaint English upperclass voice)"Carry on"

Untill next time...:mad:

Nerrad529
06-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Well their should be a way too track your friends down. Cause once I go online I'am try to find them first. Then play other people with them.

OppiumNitrates
06-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Nerrad529
Well their should be a way too track your friends down. Cause once I go online I'am try to find them first. Then play other people with them.

there will be . . . they will have buddy list's

Spaztic
06-06-2002, 09:22 AM

You know you shouldn't let your children use your account here, they really make you look stupid. And if it was in fact you... well, maybe you were looking in the mirror when you posted this. Just a thought kid. Anyway, in case you didn't look at the smilies (which most morons don't) you might wanna look again. They are in fact emoticons right... don't you think that would state how I actually felt? Get a clue or a life, your choice, either way your currently at a loss. Too bad for the rest of society huh...

BTW: Shaggy before you too get angry, look at the EMOTE ICONS, after all thats what they're there for. I was razzing you and nothing more. ARONX, sorry to hear that you have friends with bad hygene. \

no problem JimmieDoogan no hard feelings. Just trying to make conversation. And ARONX I am sorry that as well that you friends smell bad!