PDA

View Full Version : Tell us YOUR story.

Kamshaft
10-16-2001, 09:16 AM
We are doing a Xbox pre-order stories section. Tell us your TRUE Xbox pre-order story.

Fist_Of_God
10-16-2001, 10:00 AM
Well nothing much interesting about mine. I visit EB world 3 times a day (they update their site that many times a day), I checked the X-Box section each time I went there to look at other systems as well. I believe it was on September 1st that the X-Box was available for the first time through pre-order. I quickly snached up a bundel that contained Halo, Oddworld, and DOA3. I also pre-ordered other games and an extra controller. My total was over 800$ lol, but im sure it will be worth it:)

ThomasHun
10-16-2001, 10:16 AM
I preordered from eb it was all going cool then when I went back to put more money down and my receipt had someones elses name on it!

Hawker77
10-16-2001, 07:21 PM
I went to Toys R Us last night around 7:45PM. I was really worried that they'd be out of XBoxs already. Well, this employee walks me over to where all the XBox stuff was (man was I excited to see the console in person finally, wow, it's cool), she looks around and said "Oh no, all the tags are gone (heart lept to my throat... NO!). Then she say's lets go see if we can find you one. Ah yes, a glimmer of hope now, thank God. So we walk over to a guy on a register and she asks about the pre-order tickets. He says, what? Blah blah blah, back and forth they go. Then he goes "OH! You need all this." ...hands her a notebook for me to write my info in, and some tickets and stuff. We go to another register, I write my name and phone, etc down. I was 4th on the list and paid $50 to pre-order an XBox, a second controller, a carrying case, OddWorld, Project Gotham Racing, and Tony Hawk 2, all for $499.

It was fairly painless and I did get to spend an hour and actually finished the playable OddWorld demo in that time, and watched all of the demo movies on a decent sized screen, some of them twice. The sound rocked, and yes, I'm very excited to get this thing home on November 15th. :D

CyberBOMB
10-17-2001, 11:05 AM
I dont want to retell my disturbing preoder situation with the BIASED people at GameCrazy who went on telling me how un-impressed they were with the Xbox (i learned later that they based this on screenshots they saw in a magazine). You guys do know that magazines are made like 3 months before they are printed right? Anyways i told their corporate office and the girl found out it was me. Anyways all i got to say is if come November 15 i dont get my xbox from there its gonna get ugly, i will go to jail, and just around the time i get out of jail certain people will be getting out of a coma, and guess what? ill do it again, cuz im stupid, thats what i do.

Afrozen_Fusion
10-17-2001, 09:09 PM
My story is pretty much the same as hawkers but i switched tony hawk for Halo. they let me do that cuz im so cute:D

DOOM
10-18-2001, 05:54 PM
I Pre Orderd Like 9 Months Ago At Software Etc For $10.
Each Pre Order(Sys, Games, Etc)... They Were Shocked When I Asked To Pre Order It. I Dont Think they Knew Exactly What It Was.
Heres a little trick for you guys who will be getting bundles...
If you Dont Want to Spend That MuCho Money Just Get Your Bundle & Return the Ganes/Components You dont want...
Then You Can Get Your $ Back & Buy What you really want later...

Milkman Dan
10-19-2001, 01:30 PM
I preordered November 2000 from Gamestop in Dallas TX. No bundle, no problems. I check back now and again to make sure they haven't forgotten about me or my preorder.

terrapin
10-19-2001, 01:39 PM
I also preordered mine back in November of 2000 at Babbages in Chicago, IL. I think I was 25th on the list or somewhere around there. When they announced the price a couple of months ago, I paid off my console. Now I am just waiting for November 15.

nate735
10-19-2001, 04:21 PM
i pre ordered in Aug 200 at software etcc. I put 10 bucks down and havent went back ever since. :p

Slider1981
10-19-2001, 04:55 PM
I went to CompUSA. Some dumb chick was working and didnt know about the bundles. So i got the games i wanted and the system, i hope she dont get fired. lol

John
10-19-2001, 08:47 PM
I preordered mine in Dec of 2000, was #10 on the list then.. I called recently to make sure they still had it in their system, and they did.

MetalGear
10-20-2001, 02:46 PM
i preorderd mine at the EB in the mall i was the 8th person out of 8 preorders to get it..

i got oddwolrd , halo , fever and a dvd remote for 499$ i put 100 bucks down so now i just need 400 bucks and i got myself an xbox on the 15th!

SquirrelJam
10-20-2001, 03:15 PM
I'm throwing caution to the wind and will go to Best Buy and hopefully get one at open.

Microsoft is still claiming that they will supply 1 million to 1.5 million xbox systems for the holidays. Christmas, by launch day, will one month and 10 days away. Microsoft also claims that 100,000 xbox will hit the shelves every week.

I nearly got hold of a PS2 on their launch day ( I was a couple of customers away) and Sony only released 300,000 to the whole fricken country. I have to assume that Microsoft has learned from Sony's dispicable failings and will supply plenty of xbox's at launch... at least enough for me to grab one on launch morning. If not, I should certainly be able to get one soon after.

My thinking is... with all you die-hards desparately wanting your xbox, you're the type's that will naturally pre-order, thus leaving store inventory for regular consumers like me. Best Buy is not offering pre-orders and that's fine by me. I'd rather show up and grab one, first thing in the morning. I feel my odds are very good.

Of course, I'm counting on Microsoft coming down with the goods! They're promising 800,000 first day... I should get one. If I don't, I'll be back here b1tching and you guys will be laughing at me (between games of Halo, Gotham, Fever and DoA).

--Wait and see, I guess.

Plasticman
10-20-2001, 09:59 PM
Well, since I live in Canada, I preordered mine at Superstore. They provide a bundle with a choice of one game from a selection of three, being Halo, Munch, and Project Gotham. I chose Halo of course! It also includes an extra controller, the DVD kit, and a Xbox T, all for $629.88. Depending on final pricing. They made the price to cover everything just in case, so they said it won't be more, but it could be less. Doesn't matter, I'd pay more if I had to. I'll also be getting Airforce Delta Storm and Transworld Surf. Hopefully, the reviews won't change my choices for those two.

Dan Livingston
10-21-2001, 11:06 PM
--edit--

My computer lost a shoe... I have no idea what happened here.

Dan Livingston
10-21-2001, 11:07 PM
I didn't pre-order mine because i wasn't happy with any bundles i saw. also, i think it will be better buying 1 or 2 games at launch, therefore not diluting the experience of each. I will drive downthere at midnight, unless i hear stories about people camping.

Why do so many people live in canada? is everybody there aware of the xbox?

DOOM
10-22-2001, 07:36 AM
Dude Just Get a Bundle & Return The Games You Dont Want...
Stores Will Refund Your Money If You Dont Open The Games Or Periferils...
Eather That Or Just Do The Camping Thing...
Many Stores Here In N.Y.C. Will Be Having A Midnight Madness Store Sale At 12.00AM 11/15/01! Find Out From Your Local Retailers...
They Will Also Be Giving away Lots Of PROMOTIONAL Stuff & FREE Games!!!
Give These Options Some Thought...
Later.:D

jsmaye
10-22-2001, 09:49 AM
I walked into my local EB on 9/1 around 10:30, signed up (3rd in line) put down $100, selected my stuff. About a month later I paid it off and am currently around $650 of stuff.

The real stories start on 11/15...

Brian Snail
10-22-2001, 01:07 PM
Well I tried to get a mate in the USA to get a pre order but they said there all spoken for, he's out in the sticks so there is only the one shop thats going to stock them :(

equalgamer
10-22-2001, 03:05 PM
My story i go to every store looking for a chance to preorder and everyone doesnt have any preorder's left. When i went into EB the guy at the counter didnt even want to answer my questions he just rushed through them and didnt really give any answers. So now i have to get it off ebay for $325 hopefully which isnt bad compared to all this bundle preorder bull****. And one question when is the xbox being relesed the 20th of november or the 15th?. equalgamer

sinizuh
10-22-2001, 10:22 PM
i preordered my in sept 2001 at Futureshop. the console only. the girl who was talking my order was cute (... actually, in a month, i forgot if she was... anyways), she must have thought i was a loser :o i was 4th on the list... on my preorder paper, she wrote down "November 8th"... i guess i'll be getting mind early ;)

HALOJAY
10-22-2001, 10:46 PM
I got mine a couple of months ago at compusa. they have since then stopped taking preorders so I was glad that I got there early. I got an extra controller, dvd controller, halo, nfl fever, and doa3. 15 dollars down for the console and five down for each of the games and accessories. all of this for 519.99 and I get fifty dollars off that price when I bring in my receipt and my pre-order form. Not bad, I guess.

SeTH
10-23-2001, 06:52 PM
Well, I odered mine from my local EB (I was going to go to toys r us but when i preordered my ps2 there they almost didn't get their shipment in on day one) Anyways, I keep bugging the EB guy when XBOX would presell and finally he said 9-1-2001 and I was ready to sell my soul! I Waited that day (9-1-2001 Saturday) outside of the store till they opened to get mine preordered (yeah I know I'm hardcore) And I was the very First person to get mine preordered (there was no one else there) and I payed FULLY for everything. I got the "Xtreme Bundle" Which is 499.99 (yeah right I almost spent $600!!) I got:

XBOX System
Halo
AirForce Delta Storm
Oddworld: Munch's oddysee
DVD kit
2 year replacement policy

And I want to know if the games are $55 a piece cause that is what I got charged.

Should i get airforce delta storm or doa 3 ?
Plus I am the only one of my friends and probably in my town that will have an XBOX so I won't be having any muliplayer parties soon I mean In my town there is about 11 thousand people and most of them think that they are the sh*t for buying a PS2 lately I mean come on I have had mine for a Freak'in year wake up!!!
I am ready and good to GO!!!!:D :cool: