PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 year warrenty

NonFanboy
06-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Does anybody know how long I should expect to wait for MS to send the service contract? Is it Fed X'd or just sent by standard mail?

DrUnKtAnK
06-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Did you purchase the contract at the store when you bought your XBOX or directly through MS?

bbchs_trash
06-05-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm guessing he got the thing in the mail and sent the money to them, and they jewed him like they did me. I called them and I got the response: Well your Xbox no longer seems to be in the system registery. So I asked where my money went to after they cashed the check, their reply: Well try calling back tommorrow...

Microsoft is a bunch of idiots, they like stealing things don't they? Maybe they used our money to buy new Windows...HEHEHEHEHEH

Frostberg
06-05-2002, 07:21 PM
it would of been easier to extend your warranty online...

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
it would of been easier to extend your warranty online...

Really?..i didnt even know that was possible. I'm about to go check this out right now. Thanx Frostberg.

Untill next time...:mad:

NonFanboy
06-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
I'm guessing he got the thing in the mail and sent the money to them, and they jewed him like they did me. I called them and I got the response: Well your Xbox no longer seems to be in the system registery. So I asked where my money went to after they cashed the check, their reply: Well try calling back tommorrow...

Microsoft is a bunch of idiots, they like stealing things don't they? Maybe they used our money to buy new Windows...HEHEHEHEHEH

If MS ripped you off, then why do you still buy there products? Anyway, if MS screws up I paid by credit card so they cant really rip me off but they can refuse/make a mistake that would keep me from getting a decent warrenty, 3 months is pathetic.

GokuX
06-05-2002, 10:40 PM
I extended mine via mail and it took a little over a month from the time I sent it to get confirmation so don't sweat it.

NonFanboy
06-06-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
I extended mine via mail and it took a little over a month from the time I sent it to get confirmation so don't sweat it.

A month!? The contract advertisement said they would rush the warrenty contract, lol... As long as it gets done I will be happy, a good warrenty gives me a hard on.....:D

techie
06-06-2002, 07:25 AM
Same here, it took about a month for the paper
work to show up. But it did show that the warranty
went into effect at the end of the Xbox's 3 month
factory warranty, so no matter what, you should be
covered in case something does go wrong.