PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate Hunter?

gameinsomniac
06-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, are you all as pumped about Hunter as I am? I give it an 11 out of 10. Ever since I've cracked open this game I've been addicted. I haven't even stopped playing long enough to throw the wrapping away. Let me know what you guys think about it. This site has free t-shirts and Hunter stuff -> www.ufanz.com/teams/hunter . If you have yet to pick up this game, their official site is www.interplay.com/hunter which has awesome visuals, the storyline, FAQ's, etc. Peace out
-da gameinsomniac

y2kash_14
06-05-2002, 10:44 PM
8/10

zfBRAT
06-06-2002, 03:50 AM
I'm only to the part where I let the little girl die...lol! Dunno if I can truly rate it so early on, but I know I like what I've seen of it. I love the infinite revolver and melee weapon best. I'm playing defender...

UltimateAg
06-06-2002, 10:10 AM
Awesome game, but not a Halo killer IMO. 86%

studepaber
06-06-2002, 10:26 AM
7/10

Good game, controls/camera angles were a bit off...IMO got sorta boring after awhile but otherwise this one is better than most on the Xbox. Oh yea, it seemed hellu-hard on 4 player, bosses especially.

y2kash_14
06-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
8/10

wait, that was way to generous............6.5/10

zfBRAT
06-07-2002, 03:07 AM
SSX Tricky still dominates in this household, but I'm a big fan of Hunter. I just hafta convince my roommate that it's cool to watch. LOL

wulff
06-07-2002, 11:14 PM
7/10

zfBRAT
06-08-2002, 04:30 AM
I give Hunter 10 out of 10, because when you run out of lives, you don't have to start all the way over. Also, the restart doesn't take you too far from your dying point. Killer Teddy was difficult, but once you figure out you have to keep moving, all's okay. I saw the parents die, but what happened to that little girl?

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 09:00 AM
9/10

zfBRAT
06-09-2002, 02:41 AM
I've played more hours and still give it 10/10 :D

Liquid Gears
06-10-2002, 02:01 PM
6/10. The replay value sucks *****!!!:cool:

zfBRAT
06-10-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm lucky to beat a game once, so I didn't rate that part of the game :P

y2kash_14
06-11-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by zfBRAT
I give Hunter 10 out of 10, because when you run out of lives, you don't have to start all the way over. Also, the restart doesn't take you too far from your dying point. Killer Teddy was difficult, but once you figure out you have to keep moving, all's okay. I saw the parents die, but what happened to that little girl?

the little girl and the baby-sitter escaped to the sub-way.....it said so

RadRider
06-15-2002, 01:14 AM
So far, after playing Co-op for about a half hour, I'd rate Hunter at about 6.5/10. I never expected much for the game, but then after reading everyones impressions, I started to get a little excited. After playing it, the little touches here and there, which were missing, really started to sour my taste. I'll play it more before I completely decide if I like it or not.

zfBRAT
06-15-2002, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
So far, after playing Co-op for about a half hour, I'd rate Hunter at about 6.5/10. I never expected much for the game, but then after reading everyones impressions, I started to get a little excited. After playing it, the little touches here and there, which were missing, really started to sour my taste. I'll play it more before I completely decide if I like it or not. Morrowind bumped Hunter right off the xbox for me. However, it's a great game. When I get stuck in Morrowind I'll pop Hunter in and vice-versa :p

RadRider
06-15-2002, 12:47 PM
God I hate hunter! Why is the AI so stupid? Why do the hostages you have to rescue always stand right in the middle of the area with the most monsters? Why do the boss monsters only follow the first player?

I was hoping the game would get better the more I played it, but so far it's getting far more annoying and tedious.

--edit--
I've been playing it some more in co-op. I've come to realize that in co-op, you get the same number of lives as you would for single player, except now it's spread among however many people are playing. The difficulty is also harder for co-op because there are more players, so the result is a frustratingly difficult game. No wait, the camera is soo bad in co-op and works completely against everyone playing, that the game becomes frustratingly difficult.
Now, I have nothing against hard games, but when a game is hard solely because you can't go where you want to go, it's no fun.
Unfortunately, it seems as though the amount of time I spend with Hunter is directly proportional to the amount I dislike it. Very unfortunate indeed.

EHWfedPres
06-15-2002, 10:26 PM
Gameplay - 8/10
Fun, addictive, yet repetative. Easy to grasp and most of all, the co-op mode offers replay value. Camera can be a little off at times, more often than not...but the controls are great.

Graphics - 9/10
The backgrounds are amazing, but come character models and animations could use some work.

Sound - 10/10
I love hearing the chainsaw tear thru zombie flesh. Gunshots are realistic, and the incredible zombie moans heard mixed in with the great background music is fantastic.

Overall - 8.5/10
I got kinda bored after a while, and it's a very hard game. Needs a REAL multiplayer mode. Pick a set number of zombies to kill, pick your environment and slash away! Thats what i want.

zfBRAT
06-16-2002, 12:42 AM
I haven't played Hunter, since I bought Morrowind, but I really like the game. Guess I don't mind how hard it is, because you can always start over without going all the way back to the beginning.

gameinsomniac
07-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Hey I finally picked up Hunter, and I would agree with zfBRAT, it is a sweet game. It is definitely a challenge, especially in single player, but that's cool cause I hate games that I buy and then just breeze through. Multiplayer's really sweet too, makes the game alot more fun when you are killing with some buddies. I disagree with the idea that it is repetative or boring, it certainly keeps me on my toes. Anyone interested in a cool game, check this out.

cityson
07-12-2002, 06:35 PM
It's actually 9/10....Let's calculate.

0 mark off for the graphics.....
0.5 mark off for the stupid characters design....
1.5 marks off for the weird controls....
Add 1 bonus mark for the multi-player replay value....

10 minus 0 minus 0.5 minus 1.5 plus 1 = Total 9/10...

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 07:59 PM
7.8\10. the game is easy as crap. and there is almost no replay value unless you want to see a different costume. the good thing is multiplayer. the first time thru hunter i played multiplayer with my friend and he sux! he kept dying and only got like 200 kills lol. for some reason i keep wanting to play it. i know the replay sux but thegame is just fun. oxm says martyr is the worst character to pick. i have martyr and im on the baketball court with 18 lives i belive. thats a good choice for anyone playing the first time around.the graphics are really good but u never see them because you so far away. you get to see them in the cut-scenes but thats it. cant say its a "must-have" but id call it a "really should have".

Snapple
07-12-2002, 09:50 PM
i think ill give it an 7.5 got old pretty fast my finger hurt bad from pulling the trigger every sec.graphics were one of the best on xbox sound was real good

ViolentBobDole
07-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Hunter is a sweet ass game, only 2nd to Halo. Playing with four friends is awesome! I give it a definite 10/10. Anyone who doesn't like it, shouldn't own the kick ass Xbox. That should be the new slogan; "If you don't like Hunter, go buy a PS2"

ViolentBobDole
07-21-2002, 02:25 PM
I forgot to add: Detroit Red Wings Kick ASS! Stanley Cup Champs, baby........ WOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO

Dr X
07-21-2002, 02:57 PM
I got it today and i'm hooked already.
I love it.
Its got to be 10/10.